“Bride's parents loved it!”

Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Thank you to your staff for the clean, comfortable rooms we had for my daughter's wedding 8/18/13. We had a great time dressing her in our immaculate room! The helpful staff even got us directions at the last minute and printed them out for us. We would recommend your place to anyone for its reasonable rates and friendly staff. Thanks again!

Room Tip: We were on the end away from the street so it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our inn. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us for such a special occassion. Thank you so much for mentioning our clean newly renovated rooms and our very helpful staff. We are so glad we were able to accomodate you and look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Reasonably priced, very clean and comfortable. Staff helpful and friendly, my kids got into the movie selections before I could stop them (charge reversed when I visited the front desk right away), and we were given additonal towels on request. Was able to add an addtional night with one call to the front desk & Amy (who also recommneded the deluxe room based on my questions), which I could not do with the website or the 800 number. The lack of breakfast was not a dealbreaker since we keep kosher, and the close access to the highways and Niagara falls saved us a large chunk of change. Very quiet

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have the microwave and fridge, and are on the lower level.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our inn. Thank you for mentioning our clean and comfortable rooms and our great staff. I am happy to hear my staff was able to correct the issue with the movie that was accidentally ordered. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay if you are traveling by car. Walking distance to the university campus bus system,which is handy. However, $137 for a plain room and no breakfast is overpriced by comparison. There is a good room service alternative (meals delivered).

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay. Thank you for mentioning our good location next to the University at Buffalo and near many malls and restaurants. I am sorry about your feelings about the price. We understand this time of year prices are generally higher at hotels in the area. That being said we do feel as though we are competively priced compared to our competitors in the area. We will continue to strive to provide a clean and comfortable room at a great price.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I checked in today and was attended by David Morugru(?). The room is nice and clean and the service was excellent from David. He was honest and friendly. Helped me put my heavy luggage in my room as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our property. Thank you so much for mentioning our clean rooms and our great staff. David is a newer employee with us and already the guests are enjoying his great customer service. I am so glad that he was able to help you with your luggage. I will make sure to share your comments with David and the rest of the staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

First off, I am definitely NOT a Red Roofer, but this location was highly recommended by a resident in the area who is as particular as I am about lodging. Upon arrival it looked like pretty much the same standard fare - clean, but nothing special. Things started looking up when I entered the lobby which was updated along with the rooms. I asked for a quiet room on a scenic side, i. e. grass. I was very pleasantly pleased with my room - very updated and nice warm color scheme. My room was small, but doable. I'm tall (5'9") and the bathroom was too small. My knees nearly touched the wall when using the commode. After being out all day returned to find fresh towels, but the room had not been cleaned. I paid a very good rate, but that shouldn't have negated service! When I reported same to the front desk, they apologized and took an additional $15 off that night. On one other occasion I needed to iron, and noticed then that there was no iron or board in the room. Called the desk again, and they said they would see "if" they could locate one. It was Monday morning and a staff person brought a desktop mini board and iron to my room within minutes - it did the job. I learned from some other guests that they had a fridge and microwave, but none for me. At the end of this stay, I would say I'm definitely still NOT a Red Roofer, but minor issues aside, it was good value for what I paid. I would stay again in a larger room and recommend same to anyone looking for a hotel in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with a fridge and microwave. And make sure you have an ironing board before y...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you su much for trying our inn and taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised by our recently renovated rooms. Thank you for mentioning that it was clean and updated. We do have some rooms that come with a micro-fridge. Those would be the deluze doubles and our Superior King rooms. They have a slight upcharge but have the micro-fridge in the room. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had never considered staying at a Red Roof Inn but upon reading the reviews, mostly positive, I decided to give a try. The hotel is right by the North Campus of the University at Buffalo and in a good location for eats. IHOP, Friendly's is right around the corner on Maple for breakfast and across the street is a great Pizza and Pub place called Santoras. About 1/2 mile away is a place called Duff's for Wings and Beer! The hotel is just a sleep over type place, but if that's all you need, it's perfect and a great value ( about half the cost of staying at other nearby hotels ). David, at the front desk, was very friendly and checked me in right away knowing that I was tired from my long day. He also recommended Santoras for the place to eat! Rooms have been recently updated here, as all furnishings, Flat screen TV, etc were new looking, and all in great shape. The room was clean, quiet, and was very inviting for a good night's rest. As mentioned this is just a sleep over hotel, as amenities are few. They do provide soap and shampoo, but my room had no hair dryer. Not sure if they are supposed to be included or available upon request. I didn't need, but maybe a must for other travelers. They have free coffee and water in the lobby, vending machines, even room service, although I didn't try and ice. I would definitely stay here again. The big plus here, good value, CLEAN, and updated rooms! I'm a Red Roof fan if other locations are like this and if they maintain this quality for years to come!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for giving us a try and taking the time to write such a nice detailed review about our property. Thank you so much for mentioning that our rooms were clean, updated, and provide a good value. You would be amazed at how many people have tried us since our renovations and been as happy as you have with the new flooring, mattresses, flat screen televisions, and new furniture. We are glad to have turned you into a Red Roof Inn fan and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It was a better stay than i expected. The staff including the cleaning lady was very nice and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. It was a nonsmoking facility, which was a plus for me. If i'm ever in the area again and the prices are the same or better, i would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for deciding to stay with and taking the time to write a review about our inn. Thank you so much for mentioning our friendly staff and our clean and comfortable rooms. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that you will become a loyal guest of Red Roof Inn. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.