“Simple but Clean”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Wisconsin, United States
“Simple but Clean”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nothing fancy about the rooms, but clean and surprisingly quiet. Clean bathroom as well. Not very spacious, but fine for sleeping. Very close to the University at Buffalo. It would be nice to have breakfast, but for the price, it was a very good value. They offer a special rate if you have a student at UB. Will stay there everytime we come to UB

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LOveBreakfast666
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review about our inn. We appreciate that you mention our clean rooms and great location near the University at Buffalo. Although we don't serve breakfast we do have our new Premium rooms that for a small upcharge does include a snack box which includes a bottle of water, orange juice, 2 granola bars, trail mix, and a bag of microwavable popcorn. I do hope that next time you stay with us you try one of our Premium rooms. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
North Yarmouth, ME
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As always, this Red Roof is a shining example of what they should all be like. The staff is superb (going to extra mile and are personable while they are at it.
The rooms are perfect, I am not sure if I could find any fault at all with it! So I won't try!
You can't go wrong with this one!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nanci L
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest with us Nanci L. and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate you mentioned the kind staff and clean rooms that we provide. We are so pleased to now be a Red Roof Inn Plus+ which means we are going to provide our guests with enhanced customer service and we now have a select number of Premium Rooms. Those rooms come with a microfridge, in room coffee, extra pillows and towels, and a snack box. The snack box consists of a bottle of water, orange juice, trail mix, 2 granola bars and a bag of microwavable popcorn. We can't wait to have you stay with us again real soon and hopefully you will try our Premium Room.
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was looking for a less expensive hotel for one night since I had business to do in Buffalo, NY.
This was very nice if just looking for a room. The place was extremely clean. Room was small but not a problem with me. The girl who checked us out the next morning was very friendly and informative.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TerRon19
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay. We appreciate you mentioning our clean rooms and friendly front desk staff. I am sorry that you found the room to be bit small. Next time you stay with us I hope you try one of our new Premium rooms. We have them in either one king size bed or two double bed options. Our premium rooms are a great value as the room includes in room coffee, microfridge, iron and board, extra pillows and towels, and a snack box. The snack box includes a bottle of water, orange juice, two granola bars, trail mix, and a bag of microwavable popcorn. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff at this property went out of their way to accommodate me and make me feel like an important guest. I received a complimentary upgrade to a Premium Room since the Superior King Room I had reserved would not have been ready for an hour or so (I usually check-in early, shortly after check-out time). On asking the night staff for travel directions, he printed two "map-quest-type" copies for me, with and without tolls. Very helpful. At check-out, as well as at other times, staff were very pleasant. The Premium Rooms are excellent in all respects - clean, large, comfortable bed, with many in-room amenities including free Wi-Fi that works well, free long distance and local calling, frig, microwave and welcome snacks. I had absolutely no problems or issues; this entire stay was first class over two nights. This Inn is perfectly suited for the cross-border shopping activities that my wife and I enjoy.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the inner court yard. Habit, I guess. The new Premium King Room and the Superi...
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PGshopper
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest and taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate that you mentioned our helpful staff and our great rooms. I am excited that you had the opportunity to stay in one of our Premium Rooms. Our guests are really enjoying the added amenities that the Premium Rooms have. Their has been great feedback about the snack box which includes a bottled water, orange juice, two granola bars, a bag of trail mix, and a bag of microwave popcorn. Not only are we adding amenities we are striving to provide our guests with more "WOW" during their stays. So we hope that when you stay with us you make sure to book a Premium Room and book them early cause we only have a limited number of Premium Rooms. Thank you again for staying with us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Much nicer than what I typically expect for a Red Roof Inn, especially the hardwood floors. The doors open to the outside, and despite being on the ground floor near the office it was very quiet. The front desk staff were all very pleasant, and there was fresh brewed coffee every morning. My only complaint was the lack of a hair dryer which I didn't realize until it was too late. I also didn't notice an iron and ironing board in the room. Both of these items I take for granted now a days, so be forewarned. If you can live without the "frills" it's a good budget accomodation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ItineraryMaster
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for stying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so glad that you mentioned our clean rooms with faux hardwood flooring, our friendly staff, and our fresh brewed coffee available 24/7 in the lobby. I am sorry about the amenities that were lacking in your room. We do have those items availble at the front desk. Your best option though would be to book one of our all new Premium Rooms that we have on property. We have a limited number of Premium King and Double rooms. Those rooms come with the in room coffee maker, extra pillows and towels, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and microfridge. With our Premium Room you also get a nice snack box which includes an orange juice, bottled water, microwave popcorn, two Nature Valley granola bars and a bag of trail mix. Make sure to reserve them quick as we have a limited number on property for a small upcharge. We sure look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that you try one of our Premium Rooms.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at another Red Roof Inn last year because it was the hotel that still had rooms on a busy day that wasn't price at an outrageous rate. This time, when I needed a place near my home just for a night because of a power outage at my home due to someone crashing into a telephone pole, I opted to stay at the local Red Roof, instead of spending more money elsewhere.

This hotel was much like the previous one; having been recently renovated, and the room being in outstanding condition. They obviously care a great deal about their hotel. Since I'm from the area, I didn't have to bombard the front desk with a bunch of questions, but Stephanie was very nice and professional, treating me with respect while not seemingly wondering why someone who lives nearby needs a cheap hotel room.

I got a good night sleep for an important day of work the next day (and I had no problem with the size of iron or board, either), and thankfully the lights were back on at home when I got back.

Thanks again, Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Courtney K
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest and taking the time to write a review about our inn. I am very sorry that you had to stay with us due to the issue with the power at your house but I am very glad that we were able to make that unfortunate incident into a great stay. Thank you for mentioning our updated rooms and our friendly desk staff. Stephanie is a very valuable member of our team. I will make sure to share your comments with her. Once again thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel many times for business purposes. Recently the hotel has upgraded some rooms to include a daily snack box with a variety of items. Also, the cable provider has been changed and the offering of channels is a great mix of sports, movies, local and popular cable network channels with a cable guide! The changes are really good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Al W
RRI104, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest with us and taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We appreciate you mentioning the new amenities that are adding value to our Premium Rooms that we now have on property. In our limited number of both Premium King and Double rooms they now come with a snack box, extra towels, and an extra pillow. The snack box includes a bottle of water, orange juice, two granola bars, trail mix and a bag of popcorn. These Premium rooms are available at a small upcharge. We are glad you liked the new room type and we can't wait to have you stay with us again.