“Would recommend highly.”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Brampton
“Would recommend highly.”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is my second time staying at this property. The staff are nice and the property is clean and quiet.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling as a family or even just a couple.

The breakfast is good with a wide variety on hand to satisfy anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 3 April 2014

Jason,

I wanted to respond to your comment posted above, regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott.

We work very hard with our staff to provide the most clean, comfortable and relaxing stay for our guests.

We believe that the "hotel is the staff" - meaning, they are the reason for successful stays and comments from our guests.

So… thank you for recognizing our staff and their efforts. I will certainly talk of your comments at our next daily staff meeting – we at Residence Inn call it our Daily Huddle.

Jason, should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was back again for Christmas 2013. Reserved what I thought was going to be a loft with two private sleeping areas - turns out the 2nd bed was a murphy bed in the living space - no wall, no privacy, not how it was depicted online.
It was ok as our adult son ended up not staying with us, would have been a bit cramped and wouldn't be able to watch tv if someone else was sleeping. Main "bedroom" is open loft space above living area.
Also we faced the pool and reception area - too much light came in thru the curtains

The lobby was updated, nice.
We stay here mainly for the kitchen - great, dog friendly and because we are usually platinum or gold members. BEWARE WILD CATS - this is what the front desk clerk told me when I inquired if the dog walk area was still in the rear of hotel.
Sure enough saw at least a dozen cats living in drainage area smack in the middle of dog walk.
I asked the front desk how they could let this go on - they shrugged. I guess a few more litters might change their minds.
Another dog issue - as I'd say half the guests had dogs - I know it is Buffalo in the winter, but all the salt in the walk areas is torture for dogs. Pet friendly salt would be appreciated, especially with the designated dog walk area overrun with feral cats.

On the second night, I noticed one bath sink had tons of caked on shaving whiskers behind the faucet, I took some pics but ended up deleting them as I was trying to stay holiday positive. Some of the room furnishings were a bit worn also. Kitchen in excellent shape

If we return next year, I'll be asking more questions when booking to decide if we should stay there.

Room Tip: If you have a dog - inquire about feral cat situation before use dog relief area - or check it out p...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
A note from the General Manager:

We do have stray cats that have worked there way from the apartment buildings, behind the hotel property.

Unfortunately, the animal control agencies no longer remove stray cats, so we must continue our efforts to control the population.

We have had NO instances of issues with guests or other pets.

Please know we have done everything in our power to control the population by capturing and having the cats fixed and given the proper shots.

Because it has been a hard winter, we have refrained from posting signage to notify our guests not to feed the stray cats, as they have drawn quite a lot of attention, especially lately.

I thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member and I will use your feedback to work with our staff and review our processes to provide a more comfortable stay for you and your family, on your return visit. Do not hesitate to contact me personally should you require more information. Safe Travels.
New York City
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in one of their suite rooms and was satisfied,
The staff was a bit arrogant at times but the staff serving breakfast in morning was simply superb and helpful.

The rooms were clean and neat. The breakfast spread was nice and satisfying.

I will recommend it to
Friends and family !!!

Stayed September 2013
A note from the General Manager:

I read your comments above and Thank You for your feedback.

We strive for three very important expectations:

1. A clean hotel.
2. A comfortable stay.
3. Every guest feels Welcome.

I am concerned that you felt our staff was not as humble, as you would expect.

I do want you to know that I will share this feedback with the staff.

I do appreciate your compliments, your business and look forward to hosting you and your family on your next trip to Amherst, NY.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Safe Travels and My Best to You and Your Family.
Albany, NY
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I will admit that the last few reviews had me a little nervous, but I just left as a very happy customer!

At checkin I was offered the upstairs queen suite or ground floor option. I chose the upstairs room and was able to park right in front of my unit. I was pleased in how the stairs were cleared of all traces of snow and well salted. The room was totally remodeled with all new furniture and appliances and looked exactly like the website photo. It was quite a cold night and I had no problem increasing the heat (it worked so well, I turned it back down). This was a Monday night and all was quiet! I could hear some cars as my room faced Maple Rd., but it wasn't an issue for me.

Sidewalks were also well cleared and salted as I made my way (quickly) to breakfast. Typical hot and cold offerings but was not thrilled with the "potato pancake" side dish. Speaking of dishes, I liked the option of real china and silverware in addition to the usual plastic.

All personnel that I came in contact with were very courteous wishing me a wonderful stay. If in the area again, I would return.

• Stayed February 2014
A note from the General Manager:

What a winter..., I am blessed to work with some of the finest hospitality professionals in the industry.

When we hire and train our staff, we truly emphasize success with "HEART." To truly serve our guests, our staff must "CARE."

I thank you for your feedback and I will definitely look into the "potato pancakes".

I share the posts on this website with my staff on a daily basis. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion.

Should you require additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Safe Travels and Have a Wonderful 2014.
maitland, florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here on Friday January 24th. I checked in late at night after a long travel day of flying and rental cars. It was snowing so the weather was a bit complicated. Upon check-in I was asked to sign an agreement called a "Quiet Evening Agreement" between myself and the Marriott. To say I was offended by the assumption of a Gold member abusing my room privilege with excessive noise and having parties with too many guests in the room was beyond ridiculous. I should have caught a clue when I checked in that a full time Security Guard was on staff and standing at the front desk. 2 very unusual occurrence for a Marriott with my over 20 years of travel with them and acquiring Gold Status to boot. When my husband and I checked into the room we heard loud noises outside our room and as I looked out the window there were young people 20's and underage people running up and down the stairs above my room 1002. It was a penthouse room they occupied. They continued with more cars showing up and more kids going to the room., I took a shower and the partying continued. We were exhausted and I called the front desk to have security shut them up. He came. I opened my door to listen to security's conversation with the kids. He said there was a noise complaint and to hold it down. Then they argued a little then I heard him ask how many people were in the room. I could hear them running to hide. The walls and ceiling were very thin. They would not answer. I yelled up the stairs there were a lot of people in that room. Security demanded to enter the room they declined his entrance. He went back to the front desk. The party got bigger. Now there were subwolfers in the parking lot behind my car. We are nearing midnight I called to desk and demanded to be moved due to the party. They said come and get your new keys. The kids blocked me in my parking spot, I felt threatened We went back into the room. I called a 3rd time and demanded that security escort me to the front desk that the kids blocked my car in. Security NO-Show me. I was scared and mad.

Room Tip: Do not stay here it is unsafe.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpeacock_10
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
A Note from the General Manager:

I have read your comments below and am concerned of the events that occurred during your stay, at our Residence Inn by Marriott Buffalo/Amherst.

I take full responsibility for your failed visit to our Marriott Hotel.

Your safety, and the safety of all of our guests and staff, is my first concern.

The protocol regarding eviction of potential “party” rooms is very strict. This will be reinforced with both the security firm and with our Front Office Associates.

I assure you that this was an isolated incident and I can understand your frustration regarding the response you were given.

I, sincerely, apologize for your true inconvenience and promise that your experience and feedback will not be overlooked.

Please note:

Due to the legal challenges of discrimination, we must have all of our guests sign a “Quiet Weekend Agreement”, at check-in on Fridays and Saturdays. Our hotel is particularly vulnerable to gatherings in our larger rooms.
a. We do appreciate your loyalty with Marriott, however, we are not allowed to choose which customers will and will not, have to sign the agreement.
b. This process is really designed for the comfort and security of all of our weekend guests, however it is little, if not enforced correctly. As stated above, we are addressing this, appropriately.
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

love the loft room but do not like freezing, arrived friday thought it was just being in and out but saturday night realizzed room wouldnt get warm.We had firelogs burning steadily but we were sooo cold , the rooms great area great but might not be right place for winter stays.Did mention as we were leaving as snow storm sat and didnt want to have to switch rooms during that

Room Tip: near office
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Seeingthingsnow
A Note from The General Manager:

I read your comments about your COLD evening at our hotel and I certainly understand you dissatisfaction. A guest should never have to worry about the basics (a clean, comfortable and welcoming room). I do want to express my sincere apologies.

Our Maintenance Department is staffed every day until 10:00 PM. We pride ourselves in providing the most comfortable rooms in Buffalo, even when it snows. But occasionally when something does not work as it should, our staff will respond quickly to make sure your stay is comfortable.

Thank you for your feedback – we will work harder to make sure that our guests stay warm.
Corry
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed one night at this location. The room had a loft with two bathrooms. The bedroom downstairs had lots of privacy with french doors. The breakfast had very high quality food with many choices.

It was a Saturday night and there was a disturbance in the parking lot with about 15 people. My son called the Amherst police and they quickly responded. We were concerned because there wasn't any hotel security around.

When we checked out on Sunday we mentioned it and they told us security leaves at 3 am and the police were called around 3:30. The manager couldn't have been nicer and gave us 1/2 off our bill. We were very satisfied with that since they can't control who is in their parking lot.

We will definitely stay there again but possibly request a suite at the back of the property since we were near the street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family