“Good room for family trip”

Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Toronto, Canada
“Good room for family trip”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room distribution allow you to sleep up to 5 persons, with 2 bedrooms and 1 sofa bed. Also have a kitchen-it, 2 full washroom, breakfast included and wifi. Good for visit the city. They have a quiet policy again excesive noise in the rooms.

Room Tip: They have a variety off room distribution, look for the best one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Our Penthouse Loft and Two Bedroom Loft Suites are specifically designed for the traveling family.

We are fortunate that we have a significant number of the larger rooms to offer.

With Five (5) types of Suites, we are sure to find the right one for most guest’s family needs.

Our Quiet Weekend Agreement has had mixed reviews, as you could understand, our only intention is to do what we can to provide a comfortable stay for all of guests.

I and the staff will always look forward to hosting you and your family.

Thank you again and Safe Travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a penthouse suite because it was nice, big, and HUGE. We were in room 726 in building/tower 7. When we arrived, it smelled like roses and we couldn't leave the room. It is in one of the best locations with a friendly's 30 seconds away! I would stay here in a second the next time we visit Buffalo, NY.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank BrandonMarkowitz
Thank you for your Kind feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, I am trying to respond to all of our customer feedback and have some catching up to do. It seems so sad that summer is almost over for Western New York. Let’s hope for a gentle winter….

I have always enjoyed the spaciousness of the all of our suites, from a Studio Single to the Two Bedroom Penthouse Bi-Level Loft Suite. When traveling with family it is hard to find a hotel room that will give you the space you need to relax.

I and the staff will always look forward to hosting you and your family.

Thank you again and Safe Travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have stayed here several times in one of the second floor bi level lofts. For a family of 5, the extra room and the extra bathroom are great. The rate is usually competitive with other hotels of similar quality in the area. The hotel location is very convenient, especially if you are visiting the University. The downside is housekeeping which can be very inconsistent. We have had problems before. This time, we arrived very tired at 9:30 pm only to find that the sheets on the pull out sofa had not been changed and were obviously dirty. Even though clean linens were brought to us quickly about 10 minutes later, this is unacceptable when you are paying $200 a night. The breakfast was just ok. Not likely to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, as we strive to continually provide excellence of service to our Guests. It has been truly a very busy season here in Western New York and we have had “all hands on deck”.
I can understand your frustration with having an issue with the pullout sofa linen. It is surprising that our staff made such a mistake, it is never acceptable and for that I apologize, from all of our staff. I have discussed this issue with our housekeeping staff.

Our Hot Breakfast Buffet has had many strong reviews and I am disappointed that you were not satisfied. As I have stated to a previous guest review, our staff continues to train consistently to move the level of service higher and higher. Unfortunately, we did not meet and exceed you expectations. Marriott has continually worked on modifications to our breakfast buffet and we are determined to provide the best food and best service to all of our Guests.

We are always trying to improve, my hope is that you will give us another chance to see how we have improved, since your stay.
Safe Travels.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. The room was very nice and clean. The mattress in the room was not very comfortable. We spoke to the front about the issue. That afternoon they replaced the box spring and mattress with a new set. Problem solved - much more comfortable. The breakfast was very good with different items each morning. The make your own waffles were delicious with regular, blueberry and cinnamon maple batter. Fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, caramel, chocolate sauce and whipped cream to top of your waffle. Now on to the workout room, small with a few cardio machines and dumb bells up to 20 lbs. enough to burn some calories after eating a waffle.
They provide a dura flame log for the fireplace. First one is included additional available for purchase. Nice for a cold April night in Amherst.

Close to Buffalo - easy access to highway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your Kind feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, as we strive to continually provide excellence of service to our Guests. It has been truly a very busy season here in Western New York and we have had “all hands on deck”.

We really strive to provide a quality Hot Breakfast Buffet and our staff continues to train consistently to move the level of service higher and higher.

I did want to point out that we also offer complimentary passes to a full service fitness club for all of our guests, while they stay at our hotel. It is a nice perk for those travelers looking for a more encompassing opportunity to stay fit.

We look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.

Safe Travels.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We recently stayed in one of the condo like two bedroom units at this Residence Inn. The kids slept in separate beds down stairs. One on the murphy bed and the other child was lucky enough to get the fold out bed in front of the fireplace, while we slept in the loft upstairs. There was a bit of an issue with the heating but the staff very quickly tried to fix it. The unit comes with everything you need including a firelog for the fireplace and a full kitchen. Unfortunately, the pool is outdoors, so that wasn't an option on this visit. The breakfast is traditional residence inn breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
A note from the General Manager:

I am pleased that our Bi-level Loft Penthouse Suite works well for your family.

It pleases me to hear that the maintenance staff was able to assist in making the room more comfortable for your stay.

I truly understand that your stay at our hotel should be without issue and I do apologize that you experienced a little less than perfect accommodations.

We are excited to be opening our outdoor, heated pool - soon. We also have the outdoor sport court and Barbeque areas for our guest to enjoy.

After surviving a long harsh winter, it will be nice to have outdoor summertime activities to look forward to.

Thank you for your positive feedback – should you have additional comments, questions or need assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

Scott
Brampton
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is my second time staying at this property. The staff are nice and the property is clean and quiet.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling as a family or even just a couple.

The breakfast is good with a wide variety on hand to satisfy anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 3 April 2014

Jason,

I wanted to respond to your comment posted above, regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott.

We work very hard with our staff to provide the most clean, comfortable and relaxing stay for our guests.

We believe that the "hotel is the staff" - meaning, they are the reason for successful stays and comments from our guests.

So… thank you for recognizing our staff and their efforts. I will certainly talk of your comments at our next daily staff meeting – we at Residence Inn call it our Daily Huddle.

Jason, should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.
New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was back again for Christmas 2013. Reserved what I thought was going to be a loft with two private sleeping areas - turns out the 2nd bed was a murphy bed in the living space - no wall, no privacy, not how it was depicted online.
It was ok as our adult son ended up not staying with us, would have been a bit cramped and wouldn't be able to watch tv if someone else was sleeping. Main "bedroom" is open loft space above living area.
Also we faced the pool and reception area - too much light came in thru the curtains

The lobby was updated, nice.
We stay here mainly for the kitchen - great, dog friendly and because we are usually platinum or gold members. BEWARE WILD CATS - this is what the front desk clerk told me when I inquired if the dog walk area was still in the rear of hotel.
Sure enough saw at least a dozen cats living in drainage area smack in the middle of dog walk.
I asked the front desk how they could let this go on - they shrugged. I guess a few more litters might change their minds.
Another dog issue - as I'd say half the guests had dogs - I know it is Buffalo in the winter, but all the salt in the walk areas is torture for dogs. Pet friendly salt would be appreciated, especially with the designated dog walk area overrun with feral cats.

On the second night, I noticed one bath sink had tons of caked on shaving whiskers behind the faucet, I took some pics but ended up deleting them as I was trying to stay holiday positive. Some of the room furnishings were a bit worn also. Kitchen in excellent shape

If we return next year, I'll be asking more questions when booking to decide if we should stay there.

Room Tip: If you have a dog - inquire about feral cat situation before use dog relief area - or check it out p...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
A note from the General Manager:

We do have stray cats that have worked there way from the apartment buildings, behind the hotel property.

Unfortunately, the animal control agencies no longer remove stray cats, so we must continue our efforts to control the population.

We have had NO instances of issues with guests or other pets.

Please know we have done everything in our power to control the population by capturing and having the cats fixed and given the proper shots.

Because it has been a hard winter, we have refrained from posting signage to notify our guests not to feed the stray cats, as they have drawn quite a lot of attention, especially lately.

I thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member and I will use your feedback to work with our staff and review our processes to provide a more comfortable stay for you and your family, on your return visit. Do not hesitate to contact me personally should you require more information. Safe Travels.