“Fantastic”

Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed here at least 10 times since last November . The beds are very comfortable .
the rooms are nice and clean . Every time I go I have to sign the quiet agreement , not a big deal , I am not going to cause any problems so why would I worry about . I know there is the university close by so I am guessing that is how they can kick someone out if they cause any problems . I have had to call the front desk about noise a few times , but that's not the hotels fault , that's inconsiderate guests who let their kids bounce all over the place

Most of the staff here are very nice . The lady that works Saturday nights is warm friendly and always remembers us . Her name starts with an A ...

The fireplace is a nice bonus , I always tear the beds apart in every hotel looking for bed bugs .
I can say I have never found a trace of them there , they even keep under the mattress clean. Other hotels I always find things under the mattress , but this place is super clean .

I have stayed in the back row few times , there are cats running around , I like cats so its not a problem for me . They don't attack you or go in your room .

Breakfast is pretty good , the staff here are great at keeping the food stock while the rush is in

Room Tip: I like room 402
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rickp99
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your Kind words and it is always nice to hear that our hotel and staff are getting the job done.

I do want to comment on a couple items that you so eloquently describe in your review of our property.

Bed Bugs – oh these “monsters” of the hotel business unfortunately will appear in every hotel, at one time or another. It is hard for any hotel to deal with the perception of having Bed Bugs. Having been in the hotel business for over 20 years, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly, when it comes to dealing with these pests or any pests for that matter. The key to keeping any pests from disturbing our Guests is a strong preventative program and vigilant inspection from the staff. We constantly train our staff how to inspect and understand the signs of Bed Bugs or any other pest and to attack possible signs with immediate action. It is truly up to our staff to stop any type of infestation and we do not tolerate any “unwanted-guests” in our rooms, pardon the pun.

The stray cat issue, we have dealt with this issue over the past year and half. With the assistance of the Erie County SPCA and other animal protection agencies, we have been able to capture, spade/neuter and release the majority of the stray cats. This has definitely helped to control the population and we have noticed a significant decrease in activity over the past few months. We continue to maintain a strong sensitivity for these stray cats, for both the hotel and all of our guests.

I could go on and on, thank you again and we look forward to hosting you on your next ten trips to Western New York.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was adequate and clean. The front desk staff were very helpful and personable. The location is very good for shopping and restaurants. I have stayed here before and enjoyed it though it could definitely use some upgrading as it looks 'tired'.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind feedback and your return business. The entire hotel was renovated in 2012 and even though it has been two years, it is a constant endeavor to maintain a clean, crisp and “new” product for our guest’s to enjoy. That being said, our Guest’s deserve a room and hotel that is always striving for excellence in product and we continue to do everything in our power to accomplish this goal.

I work with some of the most intelligent, caring and productive professionals in the hotel business. Our culture is based on providing a clean, comfortable and Welcome environment for all of our guests. It is always nice to hear good feedback regarding the moral of the staff and their desire to serve our guests.

We look forward to serving you and your family in the future. I apologize for the delayed response.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room distribution allow you to sleep up to 5 persons, with 2 bedrooms and 1 sofa bed. Also have a kitchen-it, 2 full washroom, breakfast included and wifi. Good for visit the city. They have a quiet policy again excesive noise in the rooms.

Room Tip: They have a variety off room distribution, look for the best one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Our Penthouse Loft and Two Bedroom Loft Suites are specifically designed for the traveling family.

We are fortunate that we have a significant number of the larger rooms to offer.

With Five (5) types of Suites, we are sure to find the right one for most guest’s family needs.

Our Quiet Weekend Agreement has had mixed reviews, as you could understand, our only intention is to do what we can to provide a comfortable stay for all of guests.

I and the staff will always look forward to hosting you and your family.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a penthouse suite because it was nice, big, and HUGE. We were in room 726 in building/tower 7. When we arrived, it smelled like roses and we couldn't leave the room. It is in one of the best locations with a friendly's 30 seconds away! I would stay here in a second the next time we visit Buffalo, NY.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank BrandonMarkowitz

Thank you for your Kind feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, I am trying to respond to all of our customer feedback and have some catching up to do. It seems so sad that summer is almost over for Western New York. Let’s hope for a gentle winter….

I have always enjoyed the spaciousness of the all of our suites, from a Studio Single to the Two Bedroom Penthouse Bi-Level Loft Suite. When traveling with family it is hard to find a hotel room that will give you the space you need to relax.

I and the staff will always look forward to hosting you and your family.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have stayed here several times in one of the second floor bi level lofts. For a family of 5, the extra room and the extra bathroom are great. The rate is usually competitive with other hotels of similar quality in the area. The hotel location is very convenient, especially if you are visiting the University. The downside is housekeeping which can be very inconsistent. We have had problems before. This time, we arrived very tired at 9:30 pm only to find that the sheets on the pull out sofa had not been changed and were obviously dirty. Even though clean linens were brought to us quickly about 10 minutes later, this is unacceptable when you are paying $200 a night. The breakfast was just ok. Not likely to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, as we strive to continually provide excellence of service to our Guests. It has been truly a very busy season here in Western New York and we have had “all hands on deck”.
I can understand your frustration with having an issue with the pullout sofa linen. It is surprising that our staff made such a mistake, it is never acceptable and for that I apologize, from all of our staff. I have discussed this issue with our housekeeping staff.

Our Hot Breakfast Buffet has had many strong reviews and I am disappointed that you were not satisfied. As I have stated to a previous guest review, our staff continues to train consistently to move the level of service higher and higher. Unfortunately, we did not meet and exceed you expectations. Marriott has continually worked on modifications to our breakfast buffet and we are determined to provide the best food and best service to all of our Guests.

We are always trying to improve, my hope is that you will give us another chance to see how we have improved, since your stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. The room was very nice and clean. The mattress in the room was not very comfortable. We spoke to the front about the issue. That afternoon they replaced the box spring and mattress with a new set. Problem solved - much more comfortable. The breakfast was very good with different items each morning. The make your own waffles were delicious with regular, blueberry and cinnamon maple batter. Fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, caramel, chocolate sauce and whipped cream to top of your waffle. Now on to the workout room, small with a few cardio machines and dumb bells up to 20 lbs. enough to burn some calories after eating a waffle.
They provide a dura flame log for the fireplace. First one is included additional available for purchase. Nice for a cold April night in Amherst.

Close to Buffalo - easy access to highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your Kind feedback. I apologize for such a long delay in response, as we strive to continually provide excellence of service to our Guests. It has been truly a very busy season here in Western New York and we have had “all hands on deck”.

We really strive to provide a quality Hot Breakfast Buffet and our staff continues to train consistently to move the level of service higher and higher.

I did want to point out that we also offer complimentary passes to a full service fitness club for all of our guests, while they stay at our hotel. It is a nice perk for those travelers looking for a more encompassing opportunity to stay fit.

We look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We recently stayed in one of the condo like two bedroom units at this Residence Inn. The kids slept in separate beds down stairs. One on the murphy bed and the other child was lucky enough to get the fold out bed in front of the fireplace, while we slept in the loft upstairs. There was a bit of an issue with the heating but the staff very quickly tried to fix it. The unit comes with everything you need including a firelog for the fireplace and a full kitchen. Unfortunately, the pool is outdoors, so that wasn't an option on this visit. The breakfast is traditional residence inn breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

A note from the General Manager:

I am pleased that our Bi-level Loft Penthouse Suite works well for your family.

It pleases me to hear that the maintenance staff was able to assist in making the room more comfortable for your stay.

I truly understand that your stay at our hotel should be without issue and I do apologize that you experienced a little less than perfect accommodations.

We are excited to be opening our outdoor, heated pool - soon. We also have the outdoor sport court and Barbeque areas for our guest to enjoy.

After surviving a long harsh winter, it will be nice to have outdoor summertime activities to look forward to.

Thank you for your positive feedback – should you have additional comments, questions or need assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

Scott