“Nice Hotel”

Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Very Nice Suite. We stayed in the two doubles studio suite and it was great. Big room, fireplace, kitchen. Very clean, quiet. Great Stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 January 2009

Used this hotel as a jumping off point for visiting UB with my daughter. Chose it because of the size of the room for the money - The suite that I booked was like 2 rooms, but the cost was much lower than two rooms at a comparable property. The kitchen was remarkably clean. My daughter thought that the room setup was amazing with the loft bedroom over a second bedroom, and even a fireplace. she was ready to move in.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 1 December 2008

This hotel is really nice, but you should know that the access to rooms is outside. I say this only because I prefer to have internal access to the front desk area and breakfast area. For example, this hotel is located in Buffalo not Florida, so when I get up early to have a nice breakfast at 630am I gotta put on my winter coat and hat, walk outside in the cold rain/snow. For that reason I do not like the hotel. I like walking to breakfast inside a cozy hotel.

But breakfast is very nice. And service was great.

My biggest problem was that the heat was not on when we arrived, so it took about 2 hours to heat up the place. But even still, we were on the main floor and I found the carpet a bit cold for me. And the furnace is very loud when it's on.

House keeping forgot to clean up a bottle of pills before we arrived, found them next to the bed. But the room was clean, and bathroom was clean.

Wireless internet was not that great of a signal strength, so I used the hard-wired access.

I would not stay again because I do not like walking outdoors once I check into a hotel, becase it can get very cold in Buffalo during the winter. I was in room 502.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom penthouse loft suite. I found the decor to be a little on the dated side but the room it's self was spotless the cleaning staff did a fantastic job while i was there. The room had tons of space great for families. Check in staff was friendly and helpful when i asked for directions. Breakfast buffet had a variety of foods and even some healthy foods!
I would stay here again next time I'm in the Buffalo area.

1  Thank gabe05
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I have to tell you that everything was immaculate! From the moment that entered the lobby, i was greated by warm friendly smiles, in an atmosphere of coziness and comfort. When I went to the suite, I was so surprised at how well maintained it was. Everything that I had anticipated was taken care of. The housekeeping service was spectacular! The breakfast was bountiful and had lots of variety. I couldn't believe all that you could get at no cost!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. There isn't much to be disappointed about.

Reviewed 6 November 2008

As a business traveler, I am frequently a guest at a variety of Marriott locations throughout the US and abroad. Compared to other Residence Inn locations, I am a little let down by the Amherst location. I stayed here this time last year, too, and experienced similar issues. The internet service was not working in 2007 but it is now working without any issue this fall 2008. My bigger concern with this property is the obvious lack of standard cleanliness that I would expect at ANY hotel, not merely the Marriott chain. My four-night stay did not warrant fresh linens any of the following mornings, which I found disappointing. And, the linens themselves were quite thin without much warmth at night. When searching for an extra blanket in the closet, I discovered a large fly-swatter, which came in quite handy when I realized I had a constant problem with black flies and WASPS! There were dead insects around the perimeter of my room and old toe nail clippings along my bedside edge. I don't think a vacuum has touched this place in weeks.

Additionally, my bathroom had two dirty towels hanging behind the door on the evening of my check-in. My "fresh" towels had small black stains on them.

One redeeming quality of this location is its centrality within the Buffalo/Amherst area. It is very easy to get around. Also, the breakfast buffet is hearty and is well-prepared. The front desk staff were also very friendly so no complaints there.

I do wish, however, that the overall cleanliness of my room was more up to par with other hotels supposedly of this calibre. I'm not sure I will return to this location on next year's business trip.

1  Thank hender35
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We stayed during a recent shopping trip and were very pleased. The hotel is very central to many main malls and was easily accessible to the main through fares. Breakfast was more than above average and there was something for everyone. We would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family