“Comfortable large suite for my brother and me”

Residence Inn Buffalo Amherst
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 31 May 2009

The suite was good value. There was plenty of room and privacy. We were in the right place as we had business to attend to nearby and we were able to relax and do some shopping in our spare time. Great breakfast.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2009

Having never been to this location, we were somewhat apprehensive about the location. HOWEVER, it is convenient to just about everything we needed! Five minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from downtown Buffalo. Close to colleges and hospitals with plenty of good shopping nearby.

The hotel is an older Residence Inn, but don't be discouraged. This place had more employees that I've EVER seen in a hotel -- they were everywhere, and very helpful and friendly. That more than made up for the "older" hotel. The room was spotless and our TV was a new large flatscreen with lots of channels. Breakfast was excellent and offered healthy options, and was nicely presented.

The manager's office is just off the lobby and her door was open most of the time -- a nice change from places where the management is no where to be seen. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Very Nice Suite. We stayed in the two doubles studio suite and it was great. Big room, fireplace, kitchen. Very clean, quiet. Great Stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Used this hotel as a jumping off point for visiting UB with my daughter. Chose it because of the size of the room for the money - The suite that I booked was like 2 rooms, but the cost was much lower than two rooms at a comparable property. The kitchen was remarkably clean. My daughter thought that the room setup was amazing with the loft bedroom over a second bedroom, and even a fireplace. she was ready to move in.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 1 December 2008

This hotel is really nice, but you should know that the access to rooms is outside. I say this only because I prefer to have internal access to the front desk area and breakfast area. For example, this hotel is located in Buffalo not Florida, so when I get up early to have a nice breakfast at 630am I gotta put on my winter coat and hat, walk outside in the cold rain/snow. For that reason I do not like the hotel. I like walking to breakfast inside a cozy hotel.

But breakfast is very nice. And service was great.

My biggest problem was that the heat was not on when we arrived, so it took about 2 hours to heat up the place. But even still, we were on the main floor and I found the carpet a bit cold for me. And the furnace is very loud when it's on.

House keeping forgot to clean up a bottle of pills before we arrived, found them next to the bed. But the room was clean, and bathroom was clean.

Wireless internet was not that great of a signal strength, so I used the hard-wired access.

I would not stay again because I do not like walking outdoors once I check into a hotel, becase it can get very cold in Buffalo during the winter. I was in room 502.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I spent 3 nights in a 2 bedroom penthouse loft suite. I found the decor to be a little on the dated side but the room it's self was spotless the cleaning staff did a fantastic job while i was there. The room had tons of space great for families. Check in staff was friendly and helpful when i asked for directions. Breakfast buffet had a variety of foods and even some healthy foods!
I would stay here again next time I'm in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank gabe05
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I have to tell you that everything was immaculate! From the moment that entered the lobby, i was greated by warm friendly smiles, in an atmosphere of coziness and comfort. When I went to the suite, I was so surprised at how well maintained it was. Everything that I had anticipated was taken care of. The housekeeping service was spectacular! The breakfast was bountiful and had lots of variety. I couldn't believe all that you could get at no cost!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. There isn't much to be disappointed about.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business