“Great Deal”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Canada
“Great Deal”
Reviewed 25 September 2007

Got this hotel through Priceline for U$ 50. We spent one night since we had an early flight from BUF airport ( we were coming from toronto). The room was confortable and clean. The best thing is that we were able to leave the car in the parking lot for 10 days with no extra charge and take the complimentary hotel shuttle to the airport.

• Liked — complimentary parking
  • Disliked — noisy lobby
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Arizona
Reviewed 4 September 2007

My husband and I spent 1 night at the Buffalo Marriott on Sep 1, 2007. King Room + Tax was $189 included breakfast for 2. Bathroom was very small. I thought the hotel was overpriced for the area and the overall condition of the hotel. Hotel is ok but could use a thorough cleaning and not so much carpet fresh. What are they trying to mask? For the price I expected a lot more from the Buffalo Marriott. The free hotel shuttle service was nice, picked us up from the Airport and took us to the Galleria Mall later in the evening. The buffet breakfast was crowded, but the omelets were worth the 15 minute wait in line. We probably won't ever stay here again, but it seemed ok if you have a party with kids and lots of family members in your stay.

• Liked — Free Shuttle and Breakfast Omelet
  • Disliked — Overpowering smell of carpet fresh
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
East Northport, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2007

I am very pleased with this hotel. It has good service, Nice and helpful staff, It's a nice hotel, Everything you would want from a hotel. The in-room internet was rather expensive, But they had free WiFi in the lobby. One night, I couldn't get my crappy wireless card to work right. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and knew that I knew what I was talking about. I came down later when I knew that my card was busted, The guy at the front desk asked me if I got it working (I didn't) and he was sorry that it crapped out on me. I decided to use internet through the business center, They said they charge but the people at the front desk normally let you use it for free. A notable experience is the fact that I asked a lady where the best spot to get the WiFi was (Which she was very helpful with), It turns out she remembered me for the rest of my 5 day stay (She asked if i got it working OK, I responded "Yes, Thank you."). This was just my last visit, We've been staying there for 4 years now. The only kind of incident we've ever had was the elevator acting funky (Not really anybody's fault)c, They handled the situation really well and ended up taking that elevator out of service (There were 2 more, So nobody really got pissed). Overall, I'd stay here again no matter what.

• Liked — Excellent service/staff, Cleanliness, Price
  • Disliked — Nothing that I can think of.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 26 July 2007

I went out and stayed with my boyfriend who was out in Buffalo on business so his company paid for the hotel and it was a very pleasant experience. The room was of good size and the bed was massive!! The staff were fantastic especially the bell boys who took my boyfriend to the office every day and me to the malls every day!! The breakfasts were amazing, a little over priced but you always had a good meal so cant really complain. Houlihans the restaurant in the hotel served good food but i would recommend trying Jack's Place over the road as the food there is amazing!
Overall it was an excellent base hotel and would recommend it.

• Liked — the service we received
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
Delaware
Reviewed 17 July 2007

Stayed for three nights. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. I let the wake up call keep ringing so as to wake up my daughter and when I hadn't answered, they actually sent someone up to make sure we were ok! Houlihan's restaurant on the premises - food was better than standard institutional fare.

• Liked — Quiet rooms
  • Disliked — Long walk to front desk from rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed 27 June 2007

Beautiful hotel, very helpful staff, clean room /hotel and awesome breakfast buffet. This hotel is a short drive to Niagra Falls and conveniantly located.

• Liked — breakfast and the price of our stay
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family