“Relaxing Stay in Buffalo”

Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We arrived on March 14, 2011 for a stay of two days. We found the room very clean and comfortable. The rollaway bed that we requested was very comfortable - I slept in it myself as my kids overruled. The location of this hotel can be advantageous depending on your purpose of travel. We were all over the city of Buffalo and found that travelling to and from the hotel was simple and usually quick. Our trip to the HSBC Arena for a Buffalo Sabres game was easy. However, we warn all Buffalo Sabres fans that parking your car near the arena will be a nightmare when you leave because the local police for some reason closes off access to I-190 ramps that we planned to use. We were stuck in downtown Buffalo going around and around until we decided to drive up Main. What a disgrace! I would suggest Marriott build a hotel next to the arena. Anyways, we visited the Buffalo Zoo, a nice gem, and it's only a 15 minute drive from the hotel. The breakfast buffet at the Blue Fire Bar and Grill downstairs near the hotel lobby may seem overpriced but worth it. No worthy alternative is near the hotel by for those who don't want to pay. There's lots of shopping within 10 minutes of the hotel at Boulevard Mall and the Walden Galleria, but we recommend you drive up to Military Drive in Niagara Falls, about 30 minutes north of the hotel for great deals on nice fashion. The staff at the hotel were friendly and more than willing to help. The indoor pool is smallish but serves it purpose. All in all another great stay at a Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Thank you for all the positve feedback about the hotel and staff. Yes, there are a lot of hidden gems in and around the area and I'm glad you had the chance to experience them. Have a great day.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

This hotel has the WORST service and terrible staff. We had an issue that the hotel couldn't resolve so instead of letting us know they simply left us hanging for 2 days. After calling customer service we were referred to the hotel manager who simply sent an EMAIL to another family member on our account who was out of the country. We have contacted customer service 4 times and they keep referring me BACK to the Hotel Manager who will not bother calling or emailing me. Our daughter is stationed in the area and we had the WORST visit because we spent so much time trying to resolve issues with this hotel. Still NO resolution after 3 months. NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Mwordhouse
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Thank you for your response. The hotel along with a Marriott representative make every effort to help resolve any issues that a guest may have had. There may be certain policies or procedures that prevent the facility from meeting your requests and the hotel will make every effort to accommodate your needs.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

This was the second time we had stayed here after winning bids on Priceline (approx $75/night after tax/fees) for shopping trip in Buffalo. The best part is the location, it’s close to everything! Outlet/Boulevard/Walden/Restaurants are all within minutes of here. Lots of parking, staff is friendly & accommodating. Rooms are comfortable, beds are great!
My issues are: it’s frustrating not having a fridge or microwave, internet is $13 per 24 hours, water pressure in shower is non existent.

Also, we had to move after the first night because a sports team (in late teens) were near our room & got REALLY loud as soon as they checked in & we knew they wouldn’t stop all night. Thankfully there was lots of vacancy or would have been awful.

Overall though, would definitely recommend & we will be staying again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jesstoday
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

Thank you for your the positve comments regarding your stay. I apologize that you had to move rooms due to noise but I'm glad the staff reacted and responded to your needs. Have a great day.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Reserved this room on hot-wire for $68. Was very pleased for that price. Rooms have been redone but general lobby etc seems a bit dated- a 3 star. Comfortable bed. Great service- asked for change to king- no problem and at 1am, requested for spoons to be brought to room and they were quickly delivered- friendly staff!

• Stayed: February 2011
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Thank you for your positve review. The lobby, bar and restaurant are all slated for a full renovation to hopefully begin shortly. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay. Have a great day.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

A Marriott is usually one constant that you can count on and this hotel is no exception. From the front desk staff to the chamber maids. Everyone was smiling and made eye contact and wished you a good day. That's the reason I stay at Marriots.
A real nice touch was the chef who was cooking breakfast came around and asked if you were enjoying your breakfast. I have met her before, a real gem.
I ddi not eat at Holigans as it was under restoration, I hope so, as the last time the restaurant was a disaster. So, if they get that up to speed I would vote that it is a great hotel.
As an aside, park out front to check in and then drive to the back to get to the room. It is an odd layout but seems to work under most conditions.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Thank you for the positve feedback which I will be sharing with our staff. The property prides itself on customer service and I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience it. Have a great day.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

My husband stayed at the Buffalo Marriott for one night before our 7:30am flight to Orlando.

Check in was quick and painless. Our room was clean and comfortable. Made use of the computers in the business center. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to use the fitness area because it was one of the biggest I had ever seen...plenty of machines and weight equipment. Quite impressive.

The shuttle service begins at 5:00am and departs every 1/2 hour. We took the 5:30am shuttle and arrived at the airport within 10-15 min. A very quick ride.

Pick up at the airport on our return was also quite quick, maybe a 10-15 wait for the shuttle, which promptly brought us back to our car at the hotel. Being that it was January in Buffalo and we had parked outdoors in the parking lot, we came prepared with a shovel in the back of our car, anticipating that we would have to dig ourselves out for the snow but it wasn't too bad at all.

The only minor issue that we had was with a charge on our credit card for Internet service, which we had been told was complementary for Marriott Reward members. We contacted the hotel which put us in touch with the accounting department who said that they would be able to reverse the charge. The internet connection in the room was a bit slow but there is also a business center with 3 computers/internet and a printer.

I would recommend the Buffalo Marriott especially if you are looking for a reasonable Park & Fly package.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and it was convenient for your travel needs. Have a great day.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

I base all of my reviews on what I expect from that chain. I will not review a Motel 6 and base my expectations on a four-star hotel.

I have now stayed at this Marriott three times. Each stay has been a pleasure.

Parking: Ample free parking. Suggestion, park in front of the hotel to check in then drive you car to the rear of the hotel to park otherwise it is a long walk from the front desk to the elevators.

Check-in: Always easy. I have checked in as early as 1pm

Getting the type of room I request: Always offered King or two double beds. Any other request I have made has been honored.

The Room: Exactly what you would expect from a Marriott and then some.

Room Cleanliness: Spotless

Temperature control: Using both AC in the summer and heat now in the winter, always worked well. Individual thermostat in each room

Outside sound: None, except for the occasional door closing out in the hallway.

Bed: Very comfortable (to me) Six pillows on a king bed.

TV: WOW! 32” LG LCD High Def with HD channels & Premium channels. Simply an amazing picture! The TV swivels from left to right so you can watch in bed, while sitting in the chair or at the desk.

Lighting: WOW! (again). My pet peeve in hotels is lack of lighting. These rooms can be as bright as Times Square if you want. The bathroom is also, very well light.

Work Space: Nice desk with phone, light, plugs, etc.

Internet: High Speed wireless & wired in the room. Free if you are a member of Marriott rewards.

Restaurants: Just one, it is a Houlihans. I have not eaten there, as there are so many restaurant options within three miles of this hotel. They sell Starbucks coffee and assorted muffins in the gift shop.

Gym: One of the nicest you will see in a hotel. Plenty of (seems like) new equipment, all of which is very clean.

Pool: Yes and it is indoors.

Elevators: Three and all are very fast.

Very convenient location just off the highway. Easy to get to.

Would I stay here again? YES!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelGuyNY64
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review regarding your stay. We appreciate all the positve feedback which I will be sharing with our staff. Have a great day.