“Another Great Stay!”

Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This is my second time staying in this hotel! Stayed two nights during Easter Weekend with family and kids. Once again, excellent hotel with great service. This time, I noticed new up-to-date exercise equipments in the Fitness Center. Excellent location. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our 2nd time at this hotel... always a pleasant experience!

Price - booked it on Priceline for $65 US a night (with a $10 coupon).

Athletics - Big gym with multiple bikes/treadmills, iPod friendly machines, tonnes of free weights, cable machines and big screen TV. Free indoor/outdoor combo pool is great. Towels and change rooms are close by, and the feeling is generally family friendly as well.

Service - They inititally put us on the 1st floor, but were quick to move us to a higher floor upon request. The shuttle dropped us off (with flexibility on the time) and picked us up from the airport (after a 25 minute wait, so call as soon as you land).

Food - Good $12 breakfast buffet (toddlers are free).

Amenities - free WiFi in the main lobby ($10 in your room). Flatscreen TV. Average bed comfort. Hallway decor is a bit dated, but still acceptable. Rooms are reasonably sized, with minimal to no outside noise, surprising considering the highways outside and the parties going on in the banquet rooms downstairs. Checkin first, and then park at the other hotel entrance, closer to the rooms.

Location - 15-20 minutes to the border.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bukwaas
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide all the positive feedback regarding your stay. Have a great day.

Reviewed 4 April 2011

I know this is a review of the hotel itself but I have to first say something about the restaurant breakfast buffet! Jeannie, the omelet chef was absolutely amazing! I love her. She not only is friendly and personable but she can make a MEAN omelet. I wanted turkey (which was not one of the choices) and she said no problem, and got some fresh turkey from the kitchen for my omelet. Yummy!
The entire hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I was in the elevator with someone from the hotel (manager I think) and he asked how my stay was, etc.
When we checked in, we asked for 2 beds and unfortunately they only had rooms with 1 king. They stated they could send a rollaway bed up at no charge. We thought it would be one of those icky folding ones with the springs popping through. We were pleasantly surprised that it was more of a single bed that rolled in without folding. I have to say it was pretty comfy. :)

We were in town for a hockey tournament and the rest of our team was staying at another hotel. We were VERY happy to stay at the Marriot as it was MUCH nicer for a better rate even. Thank you so much!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Thank you for providing your positive feedback regarding the hotel. We are very fortunate to have so many great staff members and I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience one of them first hand. Have a great day.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

I recently stayed in the Buffalo Marriott. I do travel a lot but am more of a mid-tier hotel kinda guy. But...I got a great rate on Hotwire so Marriott it was.

Let me first say that if you are driving, the location is excellent. It's clearly visible from the highway and is 10 min from most items of interest in the area including the mall, the airport, downtown, the colleges...you name it. Niagara Falls and Rich Stadium might be 20 mins or so. it is clustered in a little "hotel city" that include a Red Roof, a new Candlewood Suites, an Indigo Hotel (which I LOVE) and a Comfort. A Homewood suites is nearby.

The hotel itself is the typical hotel "box". You know...long thin tower central hallway with rooms on either side. What makes this full-service is the extended one floor entryway that houses the lobby, front desk,bar/restaurant, the meeting rooms, the hotel store, a rather nice looking indoor/outdoor hotel pool, and an anemic looking workout facility. There is also a courtyard that looks like it would be nice in Buffalo's summer month.

From the color swatches it looks like they will be redoing the lobby soon so ask about construction when booking.

My room was a double which was typical hotel room but nicely appointed in dark woods and black granite. It was very clean albeit kind of small. Because I had an odd numbered room, the view out my window overlooked the RedRoof next door (hint,hint). Beds were nicely done with totally washable linens (soooo happy those nasty bedspreads are a thing of the past). There was a very large looking flatscreen. There was also an iron and board in closet.

As I mentioned, although I travel, I prefer mid- level hotels, mostly because of the amenities they provide. I don't need a pool (my speedo days are long loooong gone unfortunately) and I prefer free internet to room service any day. In fact, that's kind of a pet peave of mine. How can places like Red Roof charge half the price but give GREAT wireless connections for free with excellent speed and incredible range ( see hint above). This Marriott appeared to charge for an Internet/long distance/local phone deal. Cell phones work fine here so you are actually just paying for the internet - again a questionable business practice in this day and age.

I declined the Internet as it turned out I didn't need it (third and final hint) and thoroughly enjoyed my short stay. The shower was gentle warm and nice. Checkout was a breeze. E overall atmosphere of the hotel is less formal which I prefer. All in all, you will find an unimaginative yet exceeding comfortable space. Ok for the business traveller. Great for those with kids. So if you HAVE to visit buffalo you can do worse.

Pet peaves:
The pet peaves list is small
1). Unimaginative space. Typical hotel box. Nicely redone tho.
2). Curbs at main entrance are all painted red with huge FIRE LANE signs everywhere. Having gotten a $300 ticket once I am now always leery. The only place where apparently you CAN park was completely taken up by the two airport shuttle vans that were just sitting there. Seems like an awful large inconvenience to put guests through at a full service hotel just to save your van drivers a few extra steps,
3). It seems to be the new "trick" these days for housekeeping to point the shower head directly at the place the guests will be standing when adjusting the shower temp. Then, once you pull up on the diverter you get soaked or, alternatively, if you don't notice and walk away, could easily prompt a large water cleanup charge. They didn't get me this time but could have.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Thank you for the positve feedback regarding your stay at the Buffalo Marriott. Thanks and have great day.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed for 2 nights for March break, we were surprised to see a Starbucks on site. The staff are friendly, quickly response our response. We find the washroom is a bit of small. Not so fancy about the restaurant as there are so many good ones around the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2011

Thank you for your positve feedback and we were glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of the work out facility. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Have a great day.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is an older property which seems to be going through major renovations. The rooms are totally new but the common areas still need some upgrades. Service was friendly at check-in and at check-out. We ordered room service twice and service was excellent. The room itself was great. New furniture (Marriott style) and modern amenities. The room was also very clean. I would not hesitate to book a room at that Marriott again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positve feedback regarding your stay at the Buffalo Marriott. Have a great day.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

We arrived on March 14, 2011 for a stay of two days. We found the room very clean and comfortable. The rollaway bed that we requested was very comfortable - I slept in it myself as my kids overruled. The location of this hotel can be advantageous depending on your purpose of travel. We were all over the city of Buffalo and found that travelling to and from the hotel was simple and usually quick. Our trip to the HSBC Arena for a Buffalo Sabres game was easy. However, we warn all Buffalo Sabres fans that parking your car near the arena will be a nightmare when you leave because the local police for some reason closes off access to I-190 ramps that we planned to use. We were stuck in downtown Buffalo going around and around until we decided to drive up Main. What a disgrace! I would suggest Marriott build a hotel next to the arena. Anyways, we visited the Buffalo Zoo, a nice gem, and it's only a 15 minute drive from the hotel. The breakfast buffet at the Blue Fire Bar and Grill downstairs near the hotel lobby may seem overpriced but worth it. No worthy alternative is near the hotel by for those who don't want to pay. There's lots of shopping within 10 minutes of the hotel at Boulevard Mall and the Walden Galleria, but we recommend you drive up to Military Drive in Niagara Falls, about 30 minutes north of the hotel for great deals on nice fashion. The staff at the hotel were friendly and more than willing to help. The indoor pool is smallish but serves it purpose. All in all another great stay at a Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Thank you for all the positve feedback about the hotel and staff. Yes, there are a lot of hidden gems in and around the area and I'm glad you had the chance to experience them. Have a great day.