“Fab Place”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fab Place”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Hi,
Staying here for 5 nights on business. Like most places here you need a car to get around. Breakfast buffet really enjoyable, very good value €16. Josh on the omelette station make a mean jalapeño and cheese omelette..... Staff very friendly, pool and gym areas spotless.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Macgomez
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your breakfast experience. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel twice this summer on my way to and from the East Coast. You have one of the friendliest, honest staffs I have ever encountered from the front desk staff, restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff. Everyone was great on both trips. On my last stay, I left all my jewelry (both real and costume) - 2 make-up bags full of necklaces, bracelets, earings etc I didn't realizes it until I had been home 2 days. I was sure I'd never see any of it again. Your wonderful staff members, Kate DelGabbo and Lorraine in charge of housekeeping security had already called to let me know that they had my belongings.. I didn't recognize the number and didn't take their original calls. When I called back, they couldn't have been nicer and sent everythihg to me immediately. You have two gems in charge there. I hope you appreciate these women.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you your feedback which we will be sharing with the staff. It was our pleasure making sure your items were returned. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2014

we have been coming to the buffalo marriott niagara for years and always treated great...., this time we went one better and got the suit thanks to the staff... talk about feeling special... everything is clean and fresh and lovely.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem to be great... but we never wish to be by the elevator
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback and we are glad you consider us your home away from home. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Standish, Maine, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had trouble logging on to internet with my laptop and one call to Logan in "Safetynet" solved everything. He was extremely patient and helpful and log on was a success! Also thought part of the coffeemaker was missing (attribute it to aging) and Elizabeth shot up from the kitchen and showed us how to set it up. Kudos to her for her help. Was an great stay. Thanks again staff!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We always stay at Marriott hotels. This one was not as great as the others, but still quite fine.
We found the staff to be quite friendly. Nice location to go visit the falls one day and the museum on the next. It's in a part of the city where there are several options for a family to dine out or shop. The restaurant at the hotel was a bit pricey if you're on a budget, so we only had breakfast here and then went out into the city to have dinner.
It's also used for conventions, apparently, but we found the noise level and people traffic to be quite low.
Rooms were clean and there's ample parking. Starbucks in the lobby :) Great lounge area if you want to just escape from your room. Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryll B
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. We are glad you experienced all that the Buffalo Marriott has to offer. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a last-minute opportunity to get away for the weekend, so figured we'd hop the border and get some back to school shopping done for the kids, while also celebrating our anniversary. Our go-to hotel in the area was full for the weekend, so we figured we'd give the Marriott a try. On arrival, the front desk staff wasn't especially friendly. Room was nice enough, but is in need of an update, as are the hallways... lots of marks/scuffs/etc. on the wallpaper. Our room package included a bottle of wine... bonus... it was a great Cabernet Sauvignon (Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi). After a great dinner out, we were excited to come back and relax in the whirlpool. When we got to the pool area, just before 10, it was filthy. Empty glasses, discarded beer cans, and dirty towels all over the place. No clean towels to be found. My husband went to the front desk to ask for some and was told there were some in the dryer and they'd be along shortly. We sat in the hot tub (with no jets... couldn't find the "on" button and there were quite a few young kids swimming in it) for about 1/2 hour and there were still no towels... my husband ended up grabbing a few of the small towels from the workout area so we could at least get back to the room. I noticed quite a few guests bringing their own towels to the pool area so I wonder if this is a common problem? Breakfast buffet was nice, not sure I would have paid $32 if it wasn't included with our room package. All in all, we had an OK stay, but there are better (and less expensive) options close by.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. If at anytime you have a concern please let us know so we can try and correct for you. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.
toronto
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay considering other hotels in Niagara buffalo area are not as great, but I only gave it a 4 star because i have been to several Marriots before and the quality i have to say was not inline with their other locations.

Positives, hotel is nice and clean . Foyer looks great, customer service is friendly. Starbucks coffee shop in foyer is full service which is great. Nice bar and restaurant a bit pricey but i guess thats inline with other Marriots. Location is easy to get to close to airport, not too far from shopping or attractions.
Family friendly swimming area - indoor and outdoor pool which was nice. Its a bit small especially when its crowded but its ok. What I didn't like is this is the first time I have seen the towels for the pool were small and most of them were old looking and stained - they were a faded green colour and had funny bleach spots. The chlorine levels were high my nose definitely was burning and i wasnt swimming only my kids were.
The bedrooms were clean. I liked the fact that they left notes saying they cleaned under the beds - but the wallpaper in the rooms were peeling, bathroom was standard tub and tiny hard to manoeuvre around taking shower.
Beds were flimsy too soft. i have stayed at other Marriots where you can adjust the beds they didnt have this type here. Pillows were very flat and only 2 provided - used to seeing pillow shams and quilts on bed they didnt have it. I tried to sleep but it was difficult when the bed was soft and pillow was flat - i thought it was only my complaint but my husband and kids said the same thing too.
The thermostat wasnt working properly - room was too hot throughout the night. We adjusted it to the coldest setting but it was sweltering inside and the night was cool outside so it wasnt a heatwave outside - so that made the stay uncomfortable. our room was on the 7th floor and facing the banquet halls and we could also hear all nice the furnace or boiler room which was loud.
Again the hotel was nice - a bit pricey for what it was worth and i have to say i have been to better Marriots but this is Buffalo/Niagara area - tends to have a high volume of travellers in the area and i dont think many hotels are better so it was nice considering.
oh there was free wifi too which was nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank firstimersToronto
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for all of the positive feedback which we will be sharing with our staff. if at anytime you have an issue with your HVAc unit, as sometimes mechanical devices will fail, please let us know so we can address for you. We appreciate your business. Have a great day.