“Perfect in every way!”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Toronto, Ontario
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed 25 April 2009

While some past reviews on this site are on the negative side, I must admit that I was a little apprehensive in staying here as well. My stay was by far one of the most comfortable, enjoyable and in direct proximity to a plethora of shopping malls. The main purpose of our stay was shopping, and it truly was a treat to come back to a modern, comfortable, spacious and clean room after a long day on our feet. The rooms have clearly been updated and reflect a modern, cozy feel with flat-screen televisions, granite entryway flooring and beautiful bedding. The gym is beautiful, as is the pool. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 April 2009

So I checked in here and was expecting something pretty bad. I was blown away by the attentive staff. The hotel seems entirely updated. I checked in early and got a great room on the 10th floor. The lounge was clean and bright. The Hotel is right off the expressway and although it's not so pretty it is very easy to connect to points within Buffalo and also the NYS Thruway to get over to Rochester or points further East.
I spent 4 nights here and thought it was a great property.
I ate at the Houligans? resturant twice and was satisfied with the meal and the service both times.
My only criticism was that gap under the room door seemed a bit large, and at times the hallway noise would come into the room. Being on the 10th floor seemed to limit the traffic and noise, but I wonder how it would be on busier floors.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Marriott-Mgt, Hotel Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, 6 April 2009
Thanks for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay in Buffalo. We appreciate your kind words about our attentive staff as Four Star service is one of our goals. Like most hotels the gap under the door helps with air flow in your guest room as well as in the guest corridors. The goal is to keep the air flowing all around the building to provide the best air quality for both customers and employees.
Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Toronto
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Rooms were upgraded with a flat screen and modernly decorated. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean.

Would definitely stay here again.

Location was close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed 31 December 2008

We are regular visitors to Buffalo, and this is usually one of our favorite places to stay. It's a nice hotel, with nice amenities, and it's in a great location. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and remodeling has spruced up the property.

Unfortunately, on a visit over the Christmas holidays, we had a serious problem.

On Christmas night, thieves broke into our vehicle, stealing about $500 in items. The staff was sympathetic when we reported the incident, but their initial responses were disturbing: one clerk immediately asked, "You were parked in the Red Roof Inn lot, right?" (Red Roof is next door to the Marriott, but it would be quite a hike to park in that lot instead of the Marriott lot). After we asked him to contact the police, another clerk said, "They should be here in a couple of minutes. They usually respond quickly when we call them about stuff like this."

The cops told us that vehicle break-ins are common in and around the University at Buffalo campus, which is a block away from the Marriott. They also said that the Marriott lot is easy prey for theives, because the hotel has no cameras in the lot, little overnight security, and the guest parking area is tucked behind the hotel, at least a hundred yards from the front desk.

The hotel is not designed for guest security. The guest rooms are located in a tower at the back of the complex, separated from the front desk by ballrooms, restaurants, courtyards, and exercise area. Doors at the back of the complex, convenient to the elevators and the guest rooms, are not secure: anyone can wander in.

I really like this hotel. It's a nice place to stay. But it really stinks to have your car burglarized on Christmas Day, and it really stinks that a big corporation like Marriott doesn't do more to ensure the safety of its guests.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Getting Robbed
  • Stayed December 2008
1 Thank CortMc
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 30 December 2008

First, I would like to mention that I am a Platinum with Marriott hotels. They did upgrade me to the concierge floor....unfortunately, it seems that every one else was upgraded also. I was there on business and the check-in was fast and efficient. The room itself was standard marriott. The bathroom was microscopic in size. I had to change my room 2 times because of hallway noise the first time and my "neighbor" attempting to break in to my room through the locked adjoining door the second time. The other downside is that the front desk people were hesitant of moving me until they saw I was a platinum member. Then their attitude changed. The food in the restaurant was very good and was the location. Overall, this was an OK hotel but be aware that the walls are paper thin and you can hear your neighbors conversation and snoring.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank rentadoc
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2008

This is a nice clean hotel. We stayed for two nights during a shopping weekend, and the renovated room was very nice and very clean. Also, we heard absolutely no construction noise.

The restaurant off the lobby also had great food at reasonable prices.

Only two complaints; upon returning to our room one day, the cleaning staff had not pulled the door closed, so it was not "latched" and left unlocked. Also, the heater in the room may well have been the noisiest I have ever had; actually woke us up when it came on.

Other than those two issues, it was a good stay.

• Liked — Clean, large room
  • Disliked — Noisy Heating System
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 October 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night to visit Niagara Falls. The hotel was under construction, however we weren't affected by noise at all. The staff were friendly and helpful about local restaurants to eat nearby in walking distance, and even offered to drive us anyway we wanted to go in the area. The room was a good size, bathroom on the small side but not a problem.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — Difficlt parking due to construction vehicles
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple