“Laundry at your own risk”

Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Buffalo, New York
“Laundry at your own risk”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great value for your buck especially if you're staying for more than a few days. Better than many other extended stay's in other states. Laundromat almost ruined my entire stay but just know better than to use certain dryers now.My money was refunded though. The staff is always cheerful and extremely helpful. The grab n go breakfast is not so much breakfast as a snack but that is described on their website. Lots of shopping and restaurants in the area or supermarkets if you use the in room kitchens.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies with regard to the dryers, we are having our maintenance staff to look into it. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with value and comfort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

There is a laundry facility for guests. There is a nice grassy lawn for a pet. There are several restaurants in the area. It is OK but needs some dressing up. Beds & carpet are old. It is hard to find pet friendly places so, if you don't have one, there are probably nicer places to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was good. Shannon checked us in and was wonderful. She has the people skills, personality and knowledge that it takes to do this kind of position. The room is very big, clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom could have been a little bit bigger (but that's okay, what do you do in there anyway). Cute little kitchen was clean and very handy. Would I come back here again ....... definitely! Recommend to family & friends..... definitely! So positive we re-booked to come back next month.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our front desk team member Shannon. She's the absolute best! As well, I am glad that you found your room to be spacious, clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and the rest of the travel community. We look forward to hosting you again in November!
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was clean. They advertise a continental breakfast but it is really only for take out with muffins and granola bars. There is no pool, no lobby, no business center. There was a noisy refrigerator in the room. The staff was nice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Bert - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are sorry that we do not offer a pool, traditional lobby or business center; however, I am happy to read that we provided you with a clean room and great service. Additionally, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not satisfy your needs.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is fairly new with clean rooms, efficiency kitchen, reasonably appointed interior, continental breakfast, and everything in working order.
Unfortunately, there are no amenities like pool, bar, restaurant, etc. There is a laundry area off the lobby.
The continental breakfast was nice with a good assortment of fruit, Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, granola bars, and ready to make oatmeal along with coffee and tea.
The price was a bit high at $140 plus tax.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Becky - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness and layout of your guestroom. I am sorry to read that we were not able to provide you with amenities such as a pool or restaurant. We aim to give our guests the lowest possible rate while providing the amenities our extended term guests value most.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in the Buffalo area (comfort inn/hilton/marriott), and elsewhere and this has to be one of the worst places I have been.

I have never had to leave a hotel room that I paid to stay at and have QUALITY REST, but could not.

Booked for two nights, and had to leave the second night because of the noise level. The room above had people running or jumping off the bed onto the floor for a straight 2 hours. Called the front desk and both the manager and the clerk said they would look into it, and he rushed to get off the phone. The noise did not stop and I went to talk to the manager. He said that he went to the room, and there is nothing he could do. I said that I was very upset and he said he would go upstairs and try again. I went around the corner to my room and still heard the noise, so I headed straight back to ask the manager to change my room and he was still at the counter. He stated that he went up again and had a word with the people in the room.

Unless he was superman I don't think he could have accomplished that feat in under 2 minutes, so I am certain he was lying through his teeth.

The manager refused to change my room, and kept saying there was nothing he could do. At this point, another family came by who went through the same ordeal as me, and he said the same thing to them. They decided to leave and check out. I decided to do the same and left.

Other Issues: they provide minimal dishes and cutlery, I could hear the people next door who were not making much noise (but SINCE THE WALLS are so THIN), I could hear them talk and the TV run late into the night.

Save yourself the strife. Try the Residence Inn or Towneplace Suites in Buffalo if you need a full kitchen and room. I have stayed there multiple times and never had this issue.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank VPharm
Toronto
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Have stayed at Extended Stays before and found them always to be good quality at a reasonable price, the Extended Stay in Amherst is no different.
The room was clean, adequate towels were provided, everything was as it should be, and like all Extended Stays having the kitchenette is great. The staff was very friendly, only dealt with them at checkin and checkout but they were always smiling and cheery. The location is perfect, only about 15-20 minutes from the Queenston-Lewiston bridge, the on/off ramp to the highway was literally 1 minute away, plus you're right on a main strip with plenty of dining & shopping options nearby.
There are three hotels in the same area and I found none of them were clearly labelled which resulted in driving around several parking lots trying to figure out which one was the extended stay. Eventually figured out the Extended Stay is the last one on Inn Keeper's road.
Overall this Extended Stay was as good as all the others I have stayed in. It is a good hotel for the money. You don't get regular housekeeping, and the breakfast just consists of muffins, oatmeal bars & coffee but the price makes this hotel a very good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TOChris89
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Hi there,

It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff. I am also glad to read that you were pleased with the amenities we offer. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future!