All reviews fire pit the wall street journal solid wifi small bistro family emergency niagara falls sheridan drive top floor softball tournament room was clean left turn quick check busy road nice hotel hot tub buffalo amherst would stay again
Reviewed 18 August 2007

We were looking for a hotel to stay at overnight in the Buffalo area since we wanted to extend our shopping trip.

We were pleasantly surprised at how the hotel looked like. We were just hoping to get a nice clean room, and what we got was more than what we expected. The beds, pillows, and sheets were so comfortable. It didn't have the usual bedspreads that makes me feel icky, knowing that normally hotels don't wash the bedspreads every time someone checks out of the room. The room and bathroom were in excellent condition.

We especially liked how there was a tastefully done extra sink /counter outside the bathroom.

It is located near the highway and very accessible.

We were really impressed with Marriott and thru this hotel, they have gained a lifetime customer.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank pandacb
Reviewed 5 June 2007

I was spending a long Memorial Day weekend in Buffalo. Arrived around 6:30 on Friday evening completely exhausted after leaving the Finger Lakes in the morning and enjoying a stopover with a cousin in Hornell for most of the afternoon.

This was my first experience with a Courtyard, and I considered it a pretty OK experience. The hotel was easy to get to right off the highway (I'd printed directions from Mapquest). Check-in was easy, and the room was comfortable. I had a little trouble getting the internet to connect but I began to realize that the hotel has downtime, and I was trying to connect during one of those periods. I did eventually connect. But the service was spotty.

There is also a computer in the lobby for those who don't travel with their laptops and want to check e-mail from time to time or do some surfing.

I didn't even go out the first evening for dinner since I was so tired. Fortunately, there was a decent delivery menu from a service that offered delivery from many local restaurants, so I ordered from a Greek place nearby, and that was very good.

There was a pool and spa downstairs which I didn't use, but it looked like the kids and parents were having a good time in it. There was also a decent vending spot, and a supply area downstairs with plastic cutlery, a microwave, and other food prep items, which came in handy.

My only complaint is that I booked my trip through Expedia, and I have gotten used to getting folios the morning I check out that include only incidental expenses. For me, that would have included 1 or 2 movies over my weekend stay. Imagine my surprise when I saw my full hotel stay being charged once again. I travel a LOT...sometimes I book through Expedia, sometimes through hotel websites, and sometimes through other methods. Sometimes it's really difficult for me to remember whether I need to look for the stay on my bill or whether it's already been paid for.

Having just shut my computer down and packed it up that morning, I was frustrated because I could not get the internet to connect again. I knew there was a receipt in my e-mail inbox that had my Expedia charges this trip, and I wanted to see what I'd included. I had to call my husband, who almost couldn't access my e-mail. But he did, and my bill was indeed wrong.

I pointed it out at the front desk and got a revised bill, but it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, which kind of canceled out the previous two days.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank miselainis
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We stayed two nights to visit the Niagara Falls area with two small kids. The hotel is relatively close to the airport and maybe 20 minutes to the falls. Overall, the usual Marriott cleanliness and reliability with an above average breakfast.

If you want some food an excellent ale, ignore the usual horrid chain restaurants and go visit the Buffalo Brew Pub. It is a short drive away and well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank FloridaJambo
Reviewed 8 May 2006

The hotel is next to a highway and nothing special to look at from the outside but the service and accommodations inside the hotel were great (and probably what is most important). The rooms were clean, spacious, quiet and comfortable; the staff was courteous and very friendly; and there were added amenities if you wanted (free internet use in the lobby, indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi). What more could you ask for!!

My family and I have stayed at several Buffalo area hotels over the years and I would definitely stay here again. I especially appreciated the fact that their rooms had sofa beds for an additional guest. They even made the sofa bed for us when we went out for lunch.

The prices are reasonable (we paid $112) but here are some observations (just in case you care about these things). The bath towels were small and did not look like full bath towels and did feel a little worn (but clean); the bathroom amenity kit only provided soap and shampoo (no conditioner, body lotion or anything else).

Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank mswoojie
Reviewed 23 May 2005

We just returned from a visit to friends and family in Buffalo, NY. I thought I had booked the full-service Marriot Hotel in the town of Amherst. Instead I found we were at Courtyard by Marriot...close to the one I thought I had booked. (well...often the internet is confusing)

Anyway, we were tired after a long car journey from New Jersey and decided to chance it. What a delightful hotel!! The rooms were lovely..I think someone said they had been refurbished. In any case, everything was perfect. The bed was so comfy, I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The design of the room was a plus too ...

More than that, the desk clerks were so friendly and happy, you just knew you were in the right place. There was a computer in the main lobby which was the final gift.

I should add that we sold our rv a month ago and were dreading the idea of having to drag clothes and things to a hotel room (we are spoiled) but we would return here in a minute.

Stayed: May 2005