“no lack of comfort”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 11 August 2014

wow, can't anybody around here offer two queen beds for a room? well, comfort inn did, so this was rather by default, but a choice worth making, as room was worthy (if small) and we were more than amused by the minimal dimensions of the swimming pool... we've seen wading pools larger... well, we weren't here for the swim anyway, but that was almost comical

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Susan C, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thanks for your review. We had many guests with a request of rooms with 2 Queen beds, so we listened and added over 40 rooms with 2 Queen beds when we recently completed our renovation of all of our guest rooms. I'm glad that this was something that you were looking for and we were able to accommodate! Our heated indoor pool is a little on the smaller side, but just perfect for a dip after a long day! We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The pros are easy. Newly renovated, family and pet friendly, great friendly staff. If you don't need a microwave in your room and don't mind the price, stay here. It's really, really nice.

The biggest CON is that the choicehotels website seems to think you can still book a room with a microwave at this hotel. Weeks later, I just checked at that is still the case. That's just not happening. Since the reno, they don't do individual microwaves anymore. When I showed them the confirmation of a room that doesn't exist, they dug up a piece of a microwave to put in my room. It was enough to get me through my stay.

Room Tip: No ice machines on 2nd and 4th floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to know that you were overall happy with your stay. I do apologize for the misinformation in regards to the microwave that wasn't in your room. We have since had the website information updated so as to not mislead anyone. I am happy to let you know that we will be adding microwaves to our Queen/Queen rooms in the near future. When our guests tell us what they want, we really listen and so we will be bringing these back soon. We look forward to having you as a guest of ours again in the future!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn University while attending a 4 day conference in Amherst. The personal at this hotel were very nice and courteous....made us feel welcome. The breakfast was decent enough with the usual carbs. The room was small, but manageable for two people. The bed was clean. Only three 'stars' because cob webs remained in all the corners of the room for all three nights we were there. Killed two spiders in the room but I guess thats not the hotel's fault? Holes in the ceiling. The closet door broke. The toilet seat broke (no, we aren't rough with things). Hotel smelled 'old'. Overall, a fair experience. Lots of tour groups and families visiting Niagra falls. Was a bit disappointed considering we paid $179/night.

Room Tip: High floor facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize for the problem you had with the spider webs in your room and the broken closet door and toilet seat. There is simply no excuse for this and should have been rectified prior to your arrival. I will be addressing this with our team so that we can be sure these types of things do not happen in the future. I'm glad that you were happy with our staff and our great breakfast. I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel should you need to discuss your stay further. I do hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall Note: Close to all the action and the college. This location was recently renovated and in good shape. Better than a few 3 star locations nearby.
Location: Located right off the highway and just a short mile to all the retail action you want.

Appearance: Very clean and well landscaped. Lots of fresh, colorful plants. New lobby.

General Up-Keep: Good overall! I did not find many things to pick apart here. If I were to knock anything, it would be the hall carpets are worn, but clean.

Staff: OK

Workout room: Did not use, but looked OK. Attached to pool area. Smaller pool. If you want to run, right across the street is the University and there are looooonnnng trails.

Pool: Did not use.

Restaurant: They serve the normal Comfort Suites breakfast and it appeared to be well maintained on a busy morning with 2 buses staying at the hotel. Plenty of places to eat nearby over the highway.

Room: My room was on the second floor and fresh. I had a double and it was a little tight, but not for a general stay. Bathroom was freshly renovated except for the tub. Everything worked and clean.

Internet & TV: Internet easy to access and fast. Tv was newer with the regular channels.

Overall Report: Freshly renovated and easy to access. Nice for a simple business traveler without all the glitz and glamor of the high priced places. May be a little small for the family.

Would I come back: Yes

Would I bring my wife and family: Yes

Reason for this trip: Business

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad that you were so satisfied with all of our renovations that we just completed. Our team all work very diligently to keep the hotel always looking fresh and clean, thank you for noticing! We realize that there are many hotel options in this area and appreciate the fact that you chose our Comfort Inn and that you recommend us to others and will bring your family back on your next visit. Again, thank you and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap, clean room within a 30 minute drive of Niagara Falls this is a great choice. The rooms were nice though not spacious. Although they were crowded when we were here, the staff was mostly friendly and the rooms quiet. If you're looking for a hotel near all the attractions this is a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2014

Glad to hear that we were the perfect fit for you while visiting Niagara Falls. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest the next time you travel to our area!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The inn has been updated with more modern furnishings -- nice & comfortable. There were some teenage teams staying there, so it was a little louder than I prefer. Breakfast was fine, with do it yourself waffles, omelets and sausage, as well as lots of carbs! The ladies did a great job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our hot breakfast buffet during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Amherst/Buffalo area!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday. The hotel was booked solid, like most are in the area on the weekends. The rooms were average and the bed was firm and not very comfortable. There were about 50-75 people outside in the small smoking area and in the parking lots the entire time since this is a non-smoking hotel. To me that says there should be an option of smoking rooms. Children screamed, ran down the halls, and slammed doors until midnight. The pool was tiny and after visiting it over 7 times during the day and night, we just gave up on trying to fit. Breakfast may have been good, but the dining hall was packed full each of the 3 times we tried to get breakfast. We ended up checking out and going out to breakfast. Between the noise level, amount of guests they try to cram into this smaller hotel, and lack of amenities, I won't be staying here again - instead opting for one of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. We are a very busy hotel and we accommodate many guests each evening and we always want all of our guests to leave having a wonderful experience, I was sorry to hear that this was not the case for you and your family. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual hospitality.