“A little Gem”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nope it's not the Hilton, but if you are looking for clean, friendly and comfortable, here it is. We were really happy to find this hotel on our recent trip to the area. The staff was super friendly and helpful, showed us our room before we checked in. The room was clean, large and comfortable. (no sign of any bugs) The breakfast was fine and everything in the room worked fine. If you are looking for a great deal this is it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank loves2travel2000

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night. The rooms were clean and the beds were outstanding. The sink and bath were small. Overall a very good value for the money. It is about 1/2 hour to the falls. The breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank maxthelm
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Bugs in my room, television that had to be turned on 4 times before it would work and sketchy people roaming around the area... Yep, that's my experience. This hotel is incredibly cheap for the area but it's an absolute dump. Run away from this hotel as fast as you can! This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Seth H
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I had a 4 day trip planned to Niagara Falls, Ontario, for last Tuesday (5/28/13). I checked the weather and it wasn't looking good for Tuesday travel, so I found this hotel on Choice.com for Monday night (for a fantastic price, I might add!!). So glad I found it!!! We arrived a little after 6pm, and I wish I would have gotten the man's name who checked us in. He was great!! Easy check-in. He gave my husband better directions to the American Falls, telling us that traffic would be bad using the ones we had. Our room (109) was very nice, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. We saw that they are installing new carpet in the rooms. The next morning, we went to the office for a free breakfast. The breakfast area was very clean and well-stocked. Check out was a breeze!! Don't hesitate to stay here, I know we will the next time we are in the area!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank irishgirl2958
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in 1951 Niagra Falls Blvd Amherst NY-14228 for 3 days including Memorial Day 2013. General Manager Mr Mike Patel took extra paons to make sure that all guests in his hotel were comfortable as per their choice and requirements. We were damn happy to relish Indian Tea provided by Mike. I feel this is best priced hospitality. I would like to stay in this hotel as the rooms have all the facilities you want including iron press table ( never seen before in any hotel ).I wish Mike Patel maintains this standard in future also.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank inder8
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed here for 1 night and did not expect a lot as we were looking for cheap and clean place to stay while on a shopping spree in the area.
This is a very old property, painted on the outside, but not in top shape in inside. The minifridge, microwave and a sink next to it were great as were travelling with a toddler. But the beds were horrible and gave a terrible backache...so much so had to get off and sleep on the floor middle of the night. The carpet and couch had stains and we even saw some bugs in the room.
The toilet tissue holder was broken and the bath tub looked very dated. Would not stay here again and would rather try other budget properties near by.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nav2010
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This place is cheap and you certainly get what you pay for. We planned on staying 2 nights while visiting Niagara Falls. Check in was fine, the guy behind the counter was very nice. But then there was our room. First off, we requested non-smoking and ended up with a smoking room. Secondly, after 5 minutes in the room we had discovered 4 bugs- 3 pill bugs and a spider. Now I'm not one to freak over an insect, but it was off-putting to say the least. And things only got worse from there. The sofa in the room was stained, we found what appeared to be dog hairs in the fridge, and the room overall was dated and dingy. If the slummy appearance weren't bad enough, not long after our arrival a group of music blaring, beer swigging guys with rooms flanking ours set about having a party. I will give this place (or at least the gentleman behind the counter) credit for promptly moving our room after I requested a switch in light of the raucous neighbors. He was very kind and accommodating and the second room was quieter and slightly cleaner, but the great customer service was not nearly enough to redeem this place in my mind. We cut our trip short and left the next morning. Do yourself a favor and don't scrimp by coming here!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank April R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Sleep Inn
#1 of 13 in Tonawanda
Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!