My husband and I recently returned from the best vacation ever, thanks in large part to the warm and professional staff of the Mövenpick Tala Bay! The hotel itself is simply beautiful, with gorgeous sea views and a nice variety of places to eat, drink, be active or just relax. But by far the best aspect of this resort is its warm, friendly and professional staff. In the bars, pool areas, beach area and restaurants, the charming international staff is always available, ready to help in any way they can, while also making you feel comfortable and at home.
The breakfast buffet was enormous, with both yummy and healthy choices. But the best part of the morning, without a doubt, was the way we were so warmly greeted by the restaurant staff. They were always busy seating people, serving coffee and clearing tables, yet they never missed an opportunity to brighten our day with a smile and ask how we were doing. Morning coffee back in Norway just isn’t the same without Saleh, Railynn and Jocelyn, among others!
The pools were kept impeccably clean, and there was always a friendly lifeguard ready to lend a hand or offer a warm greeting. There was a wonderful variety of places to swim, naturally including the lovely Red Sea. We could even take a swimming tour under bridges through canals through a network of pools, stopping midway to take a quick ride down the slide, or hop into a warm jacuzzi. One of the nicest aspects of this hotel for us was the fact that we could choose to be with other guests or off by ourselves – there was plenty of space and choices.
The bar/lounge entertainment was excellent, but it was the delightful bar staff who made each evening extra special at Tala Bay, for sure. Donna, Rebecca, Lilian, Mohammed, Caroline and many others made sure that we felt welcome, well-cared for and just plain special, each and every evening!
Mahmoud, at the bell desk, shared good advice and enthusiasm for his country, all wrapped up in a delightful charm that we soon discovered was typical of the wonderful Jordanian people. Hilda took care of our room with equal warmth and enthusiasm, and even saved the day by “rescuing” a misplaced passport!
It was our 10th anniversary, and this trip was meant to be the honeymoon we never had … the staff of the Mövenpick Tala Bay more than took care of that hope, providing us with the most enjoyable and unforgettable vacation we could possibly imagine!
Shukran k’teer – thank you so very much – to all of you! We hope to see you again before too long…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The southern shores of the Red Sea are an idyllic destination blessed with year round sunshine. The Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba is a striking property nestled on the bay’s warm, palm-fringed shores and yet just 15 minutes from the city centre of Aqaba and only 25 minutes from King Hussein International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa Tala Bay Aqaba
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba Hotel Aqaba