“Really nice, clean hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
My Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Aqaba
Anchorage, Alaska
“Really nice, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Location is decent and room was very clean. Staff at hotel was helpful. Would be nice if it had free wifi.

Didn't use roof pool....looked a little small, but people up three seemed to be sunbathing more than swimming.

Room Tip: To sure why it makes me enter something here....I have no help.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Somerset england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having arrived at mid-morning we could not check in right away.
We had just spent the night in Wadi rum, at a camp site, with Go Explore, not something we would recommend to do again, see write up for Wadi rum. Cheap and cheerful is an understatement.
You can book much better camp site`s so be careful what you book

In need of a hot shower clean clothes and a decent cup of coffee, we had to sit and wait for our room, this was badly organised by the tour group Go Explore.
Eventually most of the tour group went of snorkelling or diving, we opted to stay and get our room. After a 2hr wait we were called to reception to collect our room key, in no mood to be messed about, first question was, it had better be a double room with a double bed, and the guy at the desk could tell I was not going to except anything less, so he then did a bit of check, as I guess the go Explore booking was for a cheap double room with single beds, after a short while, he said I have upgrade you to a suit, music to my ears.
Having checked into the room, it was brill had a balcony, TV kettle shower and nice and clean.
At last someone took notice of our request.
The hotel is in a really good location not far from the beach, shops; restaurants are right next door and it felt very safe to walk around in the evening.

We spent time chilling out on the roof top pool area, no bar so bring your own beer.
We meet up with our group later that day and went for a meal next door, great food and a great evening.

Really nice hotel and we would recommend it. We did not know much about Aqaba, but know we have been would like to go back for a few more days and explore the area further, you can get cheap flight to Aqab from Easy jet, also its just about 30miles across from Taba in Egypt.
If you’re on a tour, then book a few extra days at the end of your trip in this hotel to chill out before your trip back to Amman or home.

We will be back, and would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an up grade to a suite, or even better make sure you book a decent room in the first place...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Breakfast was very nice. The room was great, nice layout, and very tidy. Wifi is not free which is a down side. Also, I hope the windows will be made more safer. I tried opening one and opppss, it swung open wide. Not a good site if you see people jumping out from those windows - because they can!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sime918
amman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Excellent central location in Aqaba town. Facility and rooms are quite simple but very clean.
breakfast variety wasn't very appealing but the personalized omelete option made on spot for you was excellent. Everything worked fine in the room and bathroom. The reception, housekeeping and breakfast staff were extremely friendly!
As for the price, I think it is a bit overpriced, especially that you also need to pay beach entrance when you go to one of the good beach facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank terhaal
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was in Wadi Rum with a friend; we did a full moon night marathon and decided to have dinner in aqaba, which is around 1/2 hr away. after dinner and ll the running, we decided to spend the night. we saw this cozy hotel in a central location. it looked decent from the outside and the staff were friendly. furthermore, the rates with wallet-friendly as well...so we decided to spend the night and leave back to amman the next morning.

the rooms were clean, shower had an abundance of hot water, ned was comfy and the next morning's breakfast was more than what we could have asked for. I would def stay there again...especially that they have a special rate to use the InterCon's pool and beach for JD 15, which makes up for not being on the beach.

As for ratings, 5 star ratings r exclusive to hotels that rock my world...there's probably a handful of those worldwide (with all due respect to all hotels...i'm there there r a lot of ones that deserve the 5 star rating but i just can't afford to stay at every single one of them!). I was planing on giving them a rating of 4...which english means the hotel was very decent but it's not the banyan tree phuket...the reason i ended giving it 3 out of 5 is the paid internet...at this day and age paid internet is an insult (my opinion)...my neighborhood grocery store offers free wifi...i think they chaged 12 jd's a day for internet. thank god i had my 3g uop and running but still this is an issue i will keep raising until i get free internet at all hotels...i haven't seen a hotel charge for electricity or water...same should apply for internet...

again if u provide free internet, ur more likely to get better reviews (no doubt)...especially if ur home page is trip advisor for example (hint hint!)...u can easily ask ur customers to take a minute of their time to review the hotel...naturally this is skew all results positively right?

anyway...i did like the hotel...don't get me wrong...it's clean and convenient but i really wish they have free internet on my next visit...

thanx

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Yreka, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at My Hotel, arranged in advance by my Petra tour guide rather than having selected it myself.
The first point I would make is that Aqaba, Jordan is a nice city. Certainly as nice as Eilat, it's sister city in Israel where both border the north tip of the Red Sea.
My Hotel is a bit dark when entering the lobby, although the staff is very friendly. The rooms are not much to speak of, beds are a bit too firm, and again pretty dimly lit but a good choice of t.v. channels. Views were only of other hotel rooms.
High points were that both the dinner and breakfast were included. The buffet breakfast in particular was quite elaborate for a small hotel, and there are nice views from the restaurant across Aqaba.
Now while only ranking it 3 stars, I would rank the price/performance much higher, as hotels in Aqaba are probably 1/2 to 1/3rd the price of similar hotels in Eilat.
In addition, the border crossing from Israel to Jordan is very efficient ($30 to leave Israel, $10 to leave Jordan on return) and almost empty (especially in off season and with tourism down currently) so just avoid early entry when day tourists are headed to Petra.
Finally, Jordan is a very nice and safe country, especially in the south and tourists should not feel intimidated from visiting Petra and other wonderful sites, or just Aqaba, to spend a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sfpedel
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

The lack of imagination the owner used when naming the hotel (i.e. his or her eureka moment coming immediately after simply asking someone what "My Hotel" should be called) should not put you off this hotel that is in a very good location, is extremely modern, clinically clean and has a pool area on the roof overlooking the Red Sea. It was also great value at around 60JD a night.

We had absolutely no regrets about staying at My Hotel for three nights as part of our trip around Jordan. The service is friendly and efficient and the spacious and well fitted out rooms are just what you want after a hot day by the pool or the sea.

An added bonus (although this may have been temporary, I do not know) was that My Hotel offers, for 15JD each, a day pass at the large and relaxing Intercontinental hotel's private beach, which included shaded sun loungers and beach towels. Without this offer we found it hard to find an inviting beach along the coast for that sort of price, so it is a good deal.

I have given this hotel 4 stars simply as my 5 stars are reserved for unforgettable hotels - it maybe wasn't that, but you will not regret booking here.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which was huge
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelranger123
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! and we are so glad when you choosing our hotel to stay in we hope to see you again.