“Good place”

Ranked #2 of 19 Speciality Lodging in Aqaba
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Nice and well maintained place. Rooms are clean and stylish, with wifi and good airco, enough storage possibility and excellent shower. Nice swimming pool also with a little pool for kids. Breakfast is fine and also dinner is quite good. Place is very quiet, since it's the last resort up the hill and approx. 1km from the road and the cluster of other resorts. So it seems like an excellent place. Yet the atmosphere is a bit uninspired, somehow management keeps aloof. Same with the (English) divestaff, though they are certainly competent and friendly. Also dive equipment is rather worn. Keep in mind that this place is a 20-min. walk from the beach (no fun in the burning heat) and a 20-min drive from Aqaba, so it's nice to have your own car (which we didn't). Apart from these disadvantages we had a nice, relaxing week with good diving.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff is very nice and always makes sure you are comfortable.
The diving sites are excellent - amazing visibility - and compare other famous diving locations is not too crowded.
Good wi-fi, though only in the pool area.
The restaurant offers a limited range of dishes but that's alright - and they are all very nice and kind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at this place does a very good job to make you feel comfortable. Very very good service. Just take your own snacks as they have a little limited menu. I dont dive but I took a scuba discovery dive and I can tell the instructor was amazing. She made me feel so comfortable in the water that all my panic dissapear. I recommend this place to everybody who wants a quiet, cozy place to relax and dive! If i have to tell something negative could be they did not have Cola/Pepsi light. But that is just me.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bonita0010
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The guys are very relaxed, professional and helpful. Once you are geared up a car takes you to the beach and you walk right out to the reef and start enjoying yourself. There are lots to see and they point out things you would otherwise miss: an octopus camouflaging against a coral formation, a stone fish hiding in the sand. I am so happy with this day and I can thoroughly recommend it

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to the desert and the sun set makes great pictures of both the sea and the m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We arrived exhausted and in need of rest. Omar greatest us and made us feel very welcome. Our room was spotless, a good size witha view of the sea and lovely white cotton sheets a relief after semi camping. Omar and his Jordanian staff were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble. We loved the snorkelling, again Omar was friendly and showed us were the best sites were. We did not use the pool as the weather was not warm enough but it was lovely and clean and looked inviting. I would recommend the Red Sea Dive centre to anyone wanting a quiet location away from the busy road but within walking distance of the beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My first review ever... I was so happy that we chose the Red Sea Dive Center. Facilities were excellent: very clean, well equipped rooms. Nice areas to sit and chill, great, reasonably priced food. But best of all was Omar the owner, he was amazing to us- sorted everything we needed for Diving and snorkeling, took us down to the beach in the van and showed us the good spots. He has great knowledge of diving and the area. We had the best time and were very sad to say good bye to Omar!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

As an experienced traveller in Jordan, I was looking for something different than the typical chain hotel offering (Moevenpick, Intercon, Rad etc.).
The Red Sea Dive Center was absolutely fantastic for our 3 nights there.
The service was flawless. Unfortunately, I had written-off my hire car on the Kings Highway drive from Amman down to Aqaba. Rather than arriving at midday as planned, I arrived in my badly damaged car in the early hours of the next morning. The staff on duty did everything in their power to help with my car and liaise with the hire company. The hire company arrived with a replacement car that then did not start! The company rep couldn't care less and disappeared but the gardener, driver and staff of the Dive Center helped me get my car started. Hospitality at it's finest.
This was enough to win me over as a fan of the hotel. However, the cleanliness and finish of the room just took me over the edge. Very modern, spacious and secure. The pool was great for relaxation and a little pool volleyball.
I did not dive on this trip, I opted to snorkel instead. Equipment is available to hire at minimal cost. Kit is in good condition. Breakfast is on offer and was fine- a great way to start the day with a coffee.
Really laid back atmosphere, the staff all clearly consummate dive professionals with vast experience- I shall be back to dive in the near future.
One of my best ever experiences of the hospitality industry worldwide was with the Red Sea Dive Center- a complete credit to Jordan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends