“Stay Away.”
Review of Golden Tulip Aqaba

Golden Tulip Aqaba
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed 3 times in the past at this hotel, I see this hotel is going downhill, the location is OK with view of the city. However, the cleaning was horrible and really disgusting, I found a large yellow spots on the bed sheet and pillows, I called the front desk and they sent one of the housekeeper to inspect, he said he has to wash the sheet and bring it back next day, after some argument I got a different one, the pillow was too hard to sleep on, the bath room was dirty and a lot of hair in the sink as you see in the pictures, I spoke with the front desk clerk Ahmed but he was completely useless and unhelpful, I asked for the GM Awni Nobany many times even I called him and I left him a massage but I never heard back from him, the furniture very old. The room was stinky and smiley, the electric lamps in the room broken. The plates and cubs at the restaurant they were very dirty, I can’t understand how this nasty hotel rated 4 stars, in my opinion 1 star it’s enough. Bad value for the money. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chicagokev69

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Golden Tulip and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The first room we stayed in was a little loud at night due its proximity to 'the main strip' but the owner was incredibly helpful and actually upgraded us free of charge to another room. Berenice beach resort highly recommended for a swim in the gulf!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greg R
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is an absolutely average hotel, and recommended from my side for shorter stays and for money value.
It's position is very good, it's in the center of the city, less than 10 min walking from the market area. The room we got (maybe we were lucky) was very big, around 30 sq. meters, with a big double bed, a sofa with 2 armchairs and with a sea view. The bathroom was OK, nothing special and nice, but functioning. Bed linen and towels clean, nothing to complain about.
The food was quite OK (we were on a half board), especially the dinner, with a lot of oriental salads, starters, soup and few mains and desserts. The breakfast was not such good, but for two mornings we found enough.
The hotel provides free transfer to the beach, so...
The wifi in the hotel is also OK and free of charge.
There are certainly better hotels around like Movenpick, Hilton,...so who wants to pay their price....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B1714D
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Golden Tulip is one of the few mid-range options in Aqaba. That said, you get what you pay for.

The hotel is a decent base for those on a tight budget but not somewhere you'd want to spend much time: the bathroom linens smelled alternately of bleach and must, the sheets were marked with unidentifiable spots and I stepped over a dead cockroach one morning on the stairs. Our room also overlooked a main road (think pumping bass lines from cars cruising the strip late on the weekend) and a school (think screaming school children at 6AM during the week).

We didn't sleep much but our pockets were happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mal275
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a very old hotel. Rooms are small and the bathrooms are very small. You have to shut the door to even get to the sink. We were on the 5th floor and when we went down for breakfast the next morning the hallway was flooded with water. We told the front desk, but when we went back to our rooms after breakfast it was still covered with water. The hotel is right across from a mosque so if you want to sleep past 5AM do not stay here unless you are deaf. The only thing good about this hotel is the airconditioning. I would select another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve74017
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have been going to this hotel on regular basis since 2008 (5-10 times/year). Unfortunately, this hotel is becoming worst with years in terms of conservation, cleanliness and staff quality. It used to be a good option for low price budgets but not anymore. I do not recommend it to anyone.

I have photos upon request that It is a shame to share.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

What makes this hotel worth a stay is its location, a block away from the main streets but still in quiet enough side street. Of course, if you are into beaches and diving, this is not for you. But for a visit in the city, the location is perfect.

Hotel itself is another cement block with small rooms and the smallest washroom I have ever experienced. To get into the bathtub (why do hotels have tubs anymore anyway?), you had to squeeze yourself to the furthest corner between the sink and toilet seat and then close the door and only then could step into the shower. The same procedure to get out as well. There was a sign on the wall worth taking a photo.

The breakfast was served in the cellar and was only just worth the effort. The lifts/elevators are few and far apart so a room in the first three floors makes walking a faster option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo