I stayed at Mina Hotel for one night and enjoyed my time in Aqaba and at the hotel.
The good points were:
* Great location - just a short walk from the waterfront and various shops.
* Fantastic views from the bar and breakfast area on the top floor - you can see right across the town and down the Gulf of Aqaba towards Israel and Egypt. The beer was pretty expensive (standard for Jordan), but cheaper than in Amman. Pool table also a bonus.
* The bedroom had plenty of space, a safe and comfortable beds.
* The food (and puddings) were excellent for dinner. Breakfast was OK.
* The free wifi in the lobby was fairly speedy.
The main downside I experienced was with the en-suite bathroom. The fittings for the shower were very fragile, meaning that the water pressure caused the shower to squirt out everywhere and flood the bathroom - not economical in such a dry country. Otherwise the lifts were also very slow - even slower than some of the other hotels I stayed at in Jordan!
I'd definitely recommend Aqaba to others and the Mina Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a fresh look and welcome comforts, Mina Hotel Aqaba is a great choice for business or leisure travelers. Our ideal location is near the shopping and commercial districts, at 10 minutes drive from Aqaba International Airport, Yet still within walking distance of the beach. Our 160 rooms offer views ranging from the stunning Red Sea and the majestic rose mountains of the desert. All rooms are equipped with quality amenities, Free High speed internet access, TV satellite, individual climate control. Our outdoor swimming pool is surrounded with luxurious sun loungers on which to lie under the Aqaba sun. Sea view Restaurant & Terrace is the most warm & welcoming place in town; Whether your in the mood for a quiet night or a party atmosphere with a belly dancer live-show, sea view restaurant & terrace will suit your mood In, the menu will feature hummus and baba ghanouj, salads and Lebanese style kebabs, juicy garlic chicken, olives, pickles and crisp-crusted felafel and a wide selection of Arak & beverage as well as cigars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Ii Aqaba