“very nice trip”

InterContinental Aqaba Resort
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
“very nice trip”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel really feels how a 5 star hotel should be. Staff are well trained, friendly and really make you feel welcome. Food at the burj al hamam and the beach is as good as and at worth staying here . the beach staff very friendly specially bleibleh , hussain in the reception

Room Tip: good rooms
2 Thank renad a
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear renad a,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
Thank you for the nice words about our staff ,food and the beach ,as well for taking your time to share your feedback of your stay at our Resort,
Our team is very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay . Your compliments have of course been communicated to all our employees.
Sincerely Mazen Abu Sakha General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Jordan
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I used to have a dinner buffet at corniche. I was impressed the moment we entered. The hostess were very accommodating as well as the staffs and most of them are asian ladies. The food selections were so excellent that I can't even put all the things in a plate. And my favorite was the salad station. There are so many choices to choose from and It ended our night so firmly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bradoluzikus
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear bradoluzikus,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
Thank you for writing such a great review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at The Cornich Restaurant. Thank you for your kind comments about our employees and the food .
We would like to inform you that your feedback is a true motivation for all our employees to provide the finest service.
doha
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Book 5 rooms for 3 nights at the club floor.
Everything in this hotel is amazing, rooms are clean and comfy.
Great house keeping.
Executive lounge is so clean and it has an amazing view.
Pool area is nice and the staff are so polite and friendly.
Many thanks for Ahmed Bagdash for being so friendly and the other staff as well
I recommend this resort for families

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Shawkat23,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
We would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your stay and for posting your review .
We are happy to know that you had an amazing stay ,thank you for the nice words about our staff and the resort’s facilities.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another amazing stay at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After we checked out from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in the dead sea, we headed to Aqaba city, & we spent one night at the Intercontinental Hotel,

It was as I expected from IHG hotels, very nice property, very clean beach & nice pool.

Very helpful staff & management.

Thank you all... see you again.. :-)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Sami Q,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your kind words about our resort facilities and services, your nice complements are a great motivation for our team to deliver a great service.
Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed one night during Ramadan. It was very quiet - no where near filled to capacity and at times we felt like we had the place to ourselves. It came with all the luxury and quality you would expect of an intercontinental hotel, and the price was quite the value. We were especially happy with the Lebanese restaurant in the hotel. After wandering through Aqaba looking for a restaurant we finally returned to the hotel and decided to eat there. It turned out to be the best meal we had while in Jordan - even though it was almost empty. Wifi was free and strong, and I appreciated that it covered parts of the pool area, too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear ug97,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
We are really proud to have a review from such a senior TripAdvisor contributor, where we value comments and thoughts from an expert.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your short stay with us, your nice words about our resort facilities, food and services are really an inspiration for us to deliver the best.
We would be more than happy to welcome you back to our resort; we truly hope that your travels bring you back to the Aqaba.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The InterContinental Aqaba Resort prove that it is the best place to stay in Aqaba.
During this Eid Holiday the resort was 100% occupied, but the service was 5* and grate you will feel like you are the only guest on the hotel.
The beach and swim pool was very clean and full with the life guards making sure that everyone safe.
The food is nice with friendly service.
The SPA service was outstanding.
The hotel stuff really made me feel like a special guest.
It was hassle free break and every one in my family enjoyed the resort.
The club floor view was perfect.
I highly recommended InterContinental Aqaba Resort to anyone want to visit Aqaba.

1 Thank Ahmad_Saggaf
Dear Mr. Ahmad_Saggaf,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
It was a great pleasure welcoming you to our Resort and we are grateful that you have given us the chance to show our level of service and hospitality. as well we want to thank you for taking your time to post your recommendation.
I was happy to know that you had a hassle free break and every one of our family enjoyed the resort. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotel’s facilities and services.
Thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home, Intercontinental Aqaba Resort.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel. I can't say enough positive thing as about this hotel. Great beach and pool, excellent restaurants especially the Lebanese one. The pool and beach staff were attentive especially Ms Kaizee and the manager Ahmed Beghash , two outstanding people who met all my needs , really made me feel like a special guest and were so nice and friendly. The
General manager was accessible and I had a good conversation with by the pool one afternoon. I highly recommend this hotel over any other in Aqaba, I saw some of the others and I am so glad I stayed at the Intercon. I travel extensively around the world and this was one of my best trips ever, the scuba diving was great to go along with the super accommodations. Major kudos the all the staff at this wonderful resort. I will definitely be back in the next 6 months.

Room Tip: Pick a room that overlooks the main pool area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tasackett
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Tasackett,
Warm greetings from InterContinental Aqaba Resort!
It was lovely to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us, and I was happy to know that you had a wonderful stay. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotel’s facilities ,also allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.