“Very nice!”
Review of Captains Hotel

Captains Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Aqaba
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had a very nice corner room with a view towards the minaret. Every morning I listened to the call to prayers at dawn. Magical.

The room was nice, medium standard, but much better than many hotels I've been to in richer countries... The staff is very friendly and polite, and we felt very welcome all the time. The breakfast was included and it was adequate, not excellent, but they make omelets fresh and you can choose your filling, so that was enough for me.

The restaurant "Captains Restaurant" which is located at the entrance is very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cat67_Norway
There are newer reviews for Captains Hotel

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel is quite good, It is the oldest hotel in AQABA as we are told, very central nice staff and helpful. Smiling Face, Especially we need to thank to front office personel.

The Captain Restaurant was marvelous great meals...

You should try local ones...

Room Tip: All are nearly same dont worry
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank aycanbayar
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Caprain is very nice place with good location. It is located in the city, but it`s also near the beach. Other restaurants and shops within walking distance, office of all diving centers are located next to this hotel. It has very good sea food restaurant on the ground floor. Hotel decor is very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and was very good. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and helpful, so I will come back to Captains Hotel and Restaurant to spend anoter good time there.
Also I visited Wadi Rum Desert Camp, it’s a very beautiful,quiet, romantic comfortable place with also great service, delicious food and beautiful music.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YuliyaKinberg
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in August 2013 , the staff were very friendly and helpful. I did have a struggle to get a nice room, three rooms later I was sort of happy. The back of the hotel on the lower floors looks out on a warehouse / half occupied concrete block. The top floor just about has a sea view if you stand on a chair! However it's in a central position, the breakfasts are huge, swimming pool lovely and empty in the evenings. They do a buffet every evening and are very helpful if you need to book excursions.

Room Tip: Ask for a double on the top floor looking towards the Red Sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lesleykrohn
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed at Captain's hotel in Aqaba for a night in September last week. While the location is quite good (not on the beach but hardly 5 minutes walk from the public beach and right in the middle of the food district, with lots of restaurant options), my concern was with the treatment meted out to me at the Hotel by the staff...front office and the restaurant (Captain's restaurant in the ground floor of the hotel. I think I am being balanced and generous in giving it a 3 star rating inspite of the treatment meted to me.

The issue I faced - a) Denied a table in the almost empty restauramt quoting some vague reason and b) Delaying my check-out at 4 AM in the morning on the pretext of checking the mini-bar inspite of confirming that I have not consumed anything from the minibar. I could see the front office staff talking and asking someone to go over and check the minibar. And it did not end there.I was told that I have consumed a chocolate from the minibar. On reiterating the stand that I have not consumed anything I was made to write that on a piece of paper. If you don't trust your customer, Its fine, do get things checked but after asking and then checking...you are making it very obvious what you think of the customer. I have never been humilated every anywhere either in my country or outside or for that matter in any other hotels in Jordan itself. It has definitely left a bad taste for me atleast.....

Well, I dont let a couple of instances create an impression about a place, people, a country but definitely wanted to put this on record...I had an enjoyable stay otherwise in Aqaba and a wonderful stay at Jordan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tvdsuccess
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our visit to Jordan. The hotel has a sailor theme which seemed interesting and unique. The hotel is not as modern looking and the lighting inside the hotel is a little dark. I found our room spacious, but the bathroom was pretty small (i.e. the door can’t open all the way before it hits the shower door). However, the shower had multiple nozzles (with different pressures) which made for a nice massaging shower. The bed was also quite comfortable. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, but we did find it difficult to come by food just because we went during the period of Ramadan so restaurants were closed during the day due to fasting. We weren’t too happy that WIFI isnt complimentary, but there is a McDonalds about a 15mins walk from the hotel that provides free WIFI. Breakfast service was a little slow, but the food served was decent - scrambled eggs with a typical Jordanian meal (ie flatbread, humus, olives, vegetables). Overall, we would stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked a room, during check-in the staff at the reception were not smiling. then the surprise ..... they said in the booking website that the room size is 28m, however the room was max 15m. and guess what; it was really smelly (mix of sweat and smoking).

we wanted to check-out immediately, they refused to refund us then we talked to the manager and after a long discussion, they deduct 40% of what w had already paid.

bottom line, find a proper hotel if you have mid to high standards in hotels

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends