“Functional and value for money”
Review of Nagoya Kanko Hotel

Nagoya Kanko Hotel
Ranked #10 of 171 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here just one night as I transited through Nagoya. It was close to the train station so quite convenient. The staff very extremely helpful, polite and courteous. Would definitely stay here again. Room was small, but I've come to expect that in Japan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Nagoya Kanko Hotel

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Convenient location near business district, 2-3min walk from Fushimi Subway station. 10-15min walk from Nagoya St. The hotel offered an upgraded room, spacious room on 17th floor, due to the noise of renovation during day time. The hotel has uncommon bath amenities, including gargle water, hand sanitizer. The room had humidifier with the function of air purifier. These gargle and air purifier helped well in pollen allergy season.
They had pagamas, bathrobes, room slippers. We like the Japanese style bath with shower.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Manon015
Reviewed 7 January 2014

everything was very good in this hotel ; It is close to the center and to the train station, the room was spacious and clean, free wi.fi. in the room, elegant and very comfortable.
we enjoyed our stay and we recommend this hotel/

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stavia1
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here to attend the Formula 1 in Suzuka. It was a rather nice hotel, clean & a nice sized room & very comfortable.There was free wifi in the room.
The location was quite good for us, as it was not too great a distance from the station.
We had let the hotel know roughly when we would be arriving, but the room was still not ready, which was a little disappointing as we were trying to get to Suzuka for the F1 race (we did miss the start of the race). They did however try to help us as quickly as they could.
The Concierge was extremely helpful in giving us information regarding the F1, like which station to get off at (not the one we would have gone to) & other info we found very useful. She spoke excellent English & like most Japanese, was extremely courteous, escorting us to the lift, & escorting us out the door when we re-emerged ready to go to the race.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Nagoya Kanko Hotel is the a typical "you get what you pay for" sort of a deal. The rooms are fine, nothing special, the bed is just ok, the bathroom adequate. The room is pretty inexpensively priced for the sort of mid range hotel in Japan. So, it is fair value for money. Just don't expect to be pleasantly surprised. It's adequate. Nagoya is a bit of an industrial sort of dumpy city. So, hotels are just so so and the hotels have to keep their costs commensurate with the amenities of this city - which are very few.

The irritating thing, and this truly drives me crazy, is the internet policy. Many hotels in Japan have free internet, some charge. Obviously free wifi is preferred. Nagoya Kanko offers a service for a charge. They have a pay for the day service charge of 1,500 yen (about $15 in today's yen). The ridiculous thing is that the charge is per device. These "per device" policies truly drive me to distraction. 1,500 yen a day is $450 a month if one looks at it that way. We all know what monthly internet costs at home. So, these daily rates are incredibly overpriced. Fine, I get it, I'm in a hotel one expects some silly high charges. But, I've paid for the internet folks. In my book that means I should be able to connect with any device I choose.

So, having connected with my laptop for work, I am now unable to connect with the Ipad to download the morning newspaper to read with breakfast - thanks. I appreciate that. And, no, I am not going to pay another $15 to get the paper on my Ipad this morning. I will have to do without - courtesy of the Nagoya Kanko.

When I pay for internet folks I want to be able to connect with any device. If your system doesn't allow for that - upgrade. Spend some of you 1,500 yen fees collected and put a service in place that treats the guest fairly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BigInJapan
Reviewed 18 May 2013

2 day stay in this hotel on a 'flying visit' to Nagoya, stayed at the Centair Airport Hotel on the 3rd night due to early flight back to UK.

Breakfast is very good with a selection catering for Far East tastes, and also Western.

Bar prices are reasonable, but if you decide to use the mini bar in room I would recommend a 3 min walk to a 'shop local' to save your room bill rising.

The rooms are clean and tidy, and the whole hotel has a very 'colonial' feel.

Didn't use the Gym due to time constraints, so cannot comment on the facilities, but the hotel is very professional and business orientated.

The room I stayed in was fairly small, but was comfortable and quiet.

The location is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Nagoya but only 2 minutes from bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 007Wolverhampton
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Good location, nice ambiance, good sized rooms compared to other hotels in Japan. The bakery at the back serves some very good cakes, croissants. Walk to the behind past the restaurants and too the street and then might come to a place full of eateries. Hotel has two restaurants in which the Le Jardin one is average. Beers are too expensive so go for sochu...

Room Tip: Enjoy the surroundings, venture out on foot. Rooms in the front (facing Nishi-ki dori) are better a...
Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business