“Wonderful hotel; no complaints”

Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at the Nagoya Marriott Hotel. It is
right at the Nagoya Station, where you can catch any train, Shinkansen, or
bus, and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. Being in Japan, we were
expecting a very small room, but it was actually a very nice size. The
bathroom was supplied with many nice toiletry items. The room was very
clean and the service was flawless. Japan is known for good service, but
the service we received at this hotel exceeded our expectations. An extra
thing we liked about this hotel was that it was a "green" hotel, so they had
a sheet for you to fill out to indicate which items you wish to have replaced
each night. Beautiful, clean, good service and eco-friendly; you can't ask
for much more from a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Well I was in Nagoya for the Sumo tournament and having never been there before decided to stay with my 2 kids at the Marriott Associa.

Location: Can't be beat. It's in the upper floors of one of the towers above Nagoya station. That means the Shinkansen, the regular train lines, the subway, buses, taxis are all right there. That made our moving around the city quite easy.

Service: Well, the service is impeccable as can be found in any high-end Japanese hotel. However we were dressed for sightseeing, hiking and the like. I couldn't help but feel that the staff was a little displeased with our less than appropriate attire. If you've ever been to a Japanese 5 star hotel you know that on any given weekend there's people getting married in the lobby and the like. Yeah, this weekend was no exception...

Amenities: Full complement of everything you could ever need in a hotel bathroom. High end shampoo, conditioner, body lotion... toothbrushes, bath salts, eye masks, a great bath with scalding hot water for a foot soak after a day of walking around Nagoya... Too bad the cot I requested online wasn't included in the $600 a night we paid. Never mind my Marriott Rewards status, or the online reservation saying that it would be quite alright to have a cot placed in the room for my child... they still felt the need to charge me an extra Y6000 per night for the cot. The surprise was sprung on me at checkout. Not pleased. Want to use the pool and gym? Extra Y3500 per person, never mind they're already charging you an outrageous sum of money for the room. Must be one really clean pool, I can't imagine too many people use it.

Value: Skip it. That is unless you have money to burn and your idea of a relaxing weekend getaway is staying at the premier wedding/reception/honeymoon location in Nagoya and paying for it.

I won't be staying here again. Now, for my money if you want to experience the best in "corporate" hotel hospitality in Japan it doesn't get better than Hyatt and/or ANA Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Get married in the hotel lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank PilotinJapan
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our first time in Nagoya and we chose Marriott due to its prime location with JR station just downstairs. We stayed first 2 nights at Marriott, then JR to Gero and Hida Takayama before we headed back for 2 more nights at Marriott.

Room was unexpectedly spacious. For this room rate, it was the biggest hotel room I had ever encountered in Japan. The double bed room had a king size bed, dressing table, desk and large living area. The bathroom, a bit dated with marble top, but got a separate bathtub and shower, full amenities set on a roller trolley even with a hair lotion I did not know its purpose. Soap supply in foam and liquid form, robe and pajamas for guest use. Lobby restaurant stayed open until 11:00pm or so such that you could enjoy late dinner after a long day shopping!

Spectacular view of city and Nagoya Castle could be spotted from lobby level. Nagoya has become my second favorite city next to Tokyo. It’s a convenient and good combo for shopping and eating, might as well sight-seeing.

When I return, Marriott would surely be my only choice.

Room Tip: Room number ending 20-26 have city view, while 05-14 face railway tracks
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GGHolliday
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Very convienient location, nice clean room and great service. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I defenitely choose this hotel when I have a chance to visit Nagoya again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel is right above the train station with excellent view of the city and access to public transport too. The room is spacious and modern in Japanese standard. One bad thing is that such 5 stars hotel don't provide free access to gym and swimming pool, and require expensive entrance fee per visit. Considered the price of the hotel, this is not a fair deal to guest but I assume this is the normal customs in Japan where their gym/pool are being separately operated.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HKTraveller2009
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Well located (nagoya station ) service is unobtrusive and really close to perfect. Breakfast buffet is more than alright, size of room is surprisingly large for japan. All and all a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank voyageurbear
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We were greeted at the front desk with a warm smile. The room was of a high standard and the bed was king size and the room large. All the services were of a high standard. It was situated in a great location across the road from the shopping mall and the train station. In this hotel all the staff were friendly and they assisted us the best way that they were able too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple