“Very convenient”

Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This is a huge hotel connected to the Nagoya station. Room was pleasant spacious given this is in Japan. Several restaurants and many restaurants inside the station complex which also has a department store within. This is probably a best and most convenient hotel in Nagoya area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sw k
Write a ReviewReviews (1,828)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been a return customer to the Nagoya Marriott almost monthly for the last 10 years. I love this hotel. The service, especially on the concierge level, is impeccable. All the associates on the concierge floor know my name and are very welcoming every time I have the opportunity to stay there. I have had only two complaints. The first was that the beds were very hard, so much in fact that after the second night I would develop some pretty severe back pain. (I’m not high maintenance – I stay at hotels over 100 nights a year, haven’t had this problem at other hotels..) Well, they fixed the mattress problem recently by replacing them. My only other complaint (and it’s a minor one) would be there isn’t a very good selection of English channels on the television. It does carry the Marriott brand, and it would be nice to have something other than CNN and BBC in English.

These are minor complaints, and one has been corrected. The customer service is top notch, and they always make me feel like I’m in my home away from home. If you are traveling to Nagoya, do yourself a favor and book a room at the Nagoya Marriott. I love the view and the amazing service on the 36th floor concierge/executive lounge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel to visit a local friend travelling with work and staying in Nagoya. We arrived at the same time and met in the main train station.

My friend invited me to rest in his room for a bit before continuing my trip to Tokyo.

The building looks very nice, reception is at the 15th floor (Japanese counting). The personnel here was very serviable and polite. There was a hint of sincerity in their smile and that was nice (they work a lot and have to handle so many people and their necessities, so I imagine that at some point their smile becomes fake).

The room was very spacious and nicely illuminated. A+++ on cleanliness and amenities. The bed seemed nice (I did not have a chance to sleep as my stop was quite brief).

The bathroom offered both shower and bathtub, displayed as following: shower -> sink -> bathtub.

I don't know the details of my friend's booking.

In any case, based on this short experience I'd recommend this hotel more than 75%.

Enjoy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited Nagoya for 4 days and stayed for 3 nights here. Excellent location and customer service. If you want a central location to Nagoya city, this is the best location as the JR is right below the hotel. Soon as you get out of the lift you are in right in the centre of the shopping area. Also if you try the breakfast buffet, the selection and variety of food was great. You can choose from Western or Japanese style food. Would stay here again if visiting Nagoya again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyTravellerSF
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on business many times and I love the hotel, service etc., so much so I think it is one of the best hotels in Japan. This time I brought my family and it was just as wonderful EXCEPT it is a lite child unfriendly. My 11 and 9 year olds were not allowed into the 52f lounge and restaurant after 530pm and the executive lounge after 8pm. Suggest a review of both policies to at least 9pm...

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Associa Nagoya in the peak of Japan summer which is extremely hot and humid-however, the stay here made it so much better and comfortable. The hotel is very centrally located, sits atop the JR, subway stations and the bullet train to Tokyo. There is also a giant mall, where you can go for any type of food (mostly Japanese) or go to any of the high end stores to shop. The front desk is on the 15th floor, which has spectacular views of downtown Nagoya. We were early, so the bell took our bags and allowed us to go to lunch first in one of the many restaurants below. When we returned, we were able to check in to our 20th floor which also had great views of the city below-across from that twirled shaped iconic building which they told me was a school. The room had nice comfortable beds, a workdesk, lots of closet space, a huge bathroom with lots of counterspace, a wonderful Japanese toilet with all the bells and whistles. Their amenity kit is not only soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, but also toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream and razor, mouthwash, bathsponge, cotton, q tips, beauty kit for men and women, slippers, hairbrush, etc etc! I have never seen a hotel provide so many amenities on a daily basis! Their shampoo, conditioner, body wash are in giant bottles, so they are dispensers and do not add plastic bottles to the trash. It took me a few minutes to differentiate the shower from the bidet in the toilet and get used to all the controls, but the one thing I could not figure out was the stand up iron/presser which was kind of hard to use to press your clothes. I amy have been able to order a regualr "American" flat iron but didn't bother to do that. Other than that, the hotel is awesome, centrally located for business or pleasure, very accessible, generous with toiletries, great sleep quality and staffed by very courteous employees!

Room Tip: Get a high floor for spectacular views of Nagoya!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichieSel
Reviewed 7 August 2014

As a returned guest, I still believe Marriott is the best choice in Nagoya.
However, suggested the management to:
- turn on air-conditioner in elevators to save guest from suffocation especially when you need to take a ride all the way to 53/F
- relocate the electric sockets as they are too close to the desktop and to each other such that you can’t put 2 plugs together
- read guests’ request on reservation form to meet guests’ expectation
- keep amenities available in same room type consistently (Margaret Josefin skin care set was present in certain double rooms but not others)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family