“Great location, awesome rooms!”

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Grand Court Nagoya
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stay here when I travel to Nagoya for business. It is one of the few IHG brand hotels in Japan (thats not Intercontinentals) and since I usually default to IHG brands (Holiday Inns) in the US I chose here initially.

It is 2 min walk from a large JR station hub which is convinient to and from the Centrair airport and also the Nagoya station for bullet trains. Within the vicinity is a food court with an English pub and lots of other options for food. A convinience store is right across the street but the hotel itself does have fancy restaurants within it too. The dinner buffet is some what pricey but is very nice and highly reccomended. The breakfast buffet is around $20 prepaid and $25 I believe post but also very nice.

I've stayed in Tokyo hotels where they basically give you a closet to live in but by far this hotel is one of the largest within metropolitan areas in Japan. Free internet (though not sure for non-IHG members), great kind service, and most of staff speak English. If you're looking for more of a entertainment district find places in the Sakae Fushimi area but I think Kanayama is a lot better for business. I will stay at this location everytime I go to Nagoya.

Room Tip: Though a big more expensive, 2 beds obviously offer more space so even if you travel alone but want...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Finkagueru
There are newer reviews for ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Grand Court Nagoya

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is just next to the trainstation, which might be good if you travel a lot, connections through train or subway are easy and fast. Every morning you find a newspaper (even in English) at your door. Service is (like in most Japanese hotels) excellent. Also, the breakfast and food was spectaculair! At the reception the English was excellent, also I found that in the restaurant there was always someone who could speak English. Not all restaurant staff seem to be able to speak English very well. However, that was never a problem. Really a good 4 star hotel! So what would make it a 5 star? WIFI in the rooms and perhaps some options where food is good, but a bit cheaper... (it is a tad expensive considering the many other options closeby). The hotel has a number of restaurants, however most of them are in a high price range.

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel_Tel
Reviewed 22 August 2013

this was the 1st time my wife and I visiting Nagoya. We arrived hotel by driving rental car. Hotel is easy to be found because it's the tallest building in the area. Car park is in user friendly design and not difficult to surfing around. Hotel locates very close to train station and a medium sized shopping mall. Bar on the top floor is not big but you can seated with beautiful city view easily. Twin bed room is spacious (350 sq ft) and facilities are all new. However, no WIFI access in guest room is the worst for a 4 stars hotel, and this make me doubtful if I will stay there again next time.

Room Tip: Spend extra few thousand yen to stay at twin bed room instead of single bed. Former room is much mor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Everything as expected from a 4 star hotel.
Good size (twin) rooms.
Helpful staff (I speak Japanese)
Management was flexible to accommodate us after an issue created by Expedia.
2 minutes walk from Kanayama train/subway station
Great new shopping district nearby

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, ensure you get it. Higher floor rooms were soundproof, you do not hear the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel needs to be refreshed, it is like stepping back 15 years in time. No wifi, no gym. And pretty expensive. Great and friendly staff, very clean as you would expect, great restaurants and bar, great location. It depends what you are looking for and what your budget is !

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Grand Court Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Thierry G,

Thank your for taking the time to post your comments online. I am delighted to read that you found our staff to be friendly and glad that you liked our great location.

However, I sincerely apologize for you did not find our hotel's appearance to your liking. We regret that this aspect has negatively affected your overall experience with us.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2013

pros;
The hotel is the highest building in that area and having no competing ones, the rooms have good views. I thought they might upgrade my room but they didn't say anything. I don't know whether or not they will.
Flexible room service. They don't have a glass of wine, but when I asked, he arranged it for me, about 300ml decanted one for affordable prices. This service made me recall the services on the airplanes of ANA.
The morning buffet consisted of interesting dishes, including brun flakes that I need everyday. They had several kinds of pancakes. They didn't have iced coffee, but when I asked, a waitress brought me a glass of iced coffee. The service was good, but it'll be better if they had it by default.

cons,
nothing

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The staff were great and helpful. They greet you from afar with warm smiles. However, the property is visibly old and tired. The carpets in our rooms and corridors were stained and the lobby and elevators smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke and alcohol.

The shower curtains smelled of unclean socks and had a fishy smell. The shower itself has low water pressure making it a pain to shower. Wifi can only be used in the lobby area, which is a pain since the lobby smells very smoky and of alcohol.

The location was great, near to Nagoya station and near main shopping districts. There is also a supermarket within walking distance.

Stayed for 3 nights and would not recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lucbabe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Grand Court Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear lucbabe,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be well located in the area. We would like to apologize for the unusual smell and condition of our hallways and the room accommodations you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize you were not satisfied with our WiFi services. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M