Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Lamp Lights Books Hotel Nagoya(Nagoya)
1,577 results
All reviewsthe executive loungejapanese suiterenovated roomlounge accesstaxi rideshuttle serviceindoor pooltrain stationexcellent hoteli highly recommend this hotelfree shuttlewalking distancethe hotel offershotel staffbusiness tripfitness centerjapanese style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2011

This is my favourite hotel in Nagoya (I have also stayed at the Marriott Nagoya and the ANA Nagoya hotels). Rooms are very large and clean. The location is good (walking distance from/to the train station) and the service is outstanding. Rates can vary considerably, sometimes it's a good deal, sometimes it's terribly overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed for a night at Hilton Nagoya on a driving holiday in central Honshu. One of the better Hiltons I have stayed at, and once you add in the fabulous standard of Japanese service, it beats many of the other Hilton hotels in other countries. The check in was fast and there was a huge toy train set laid out in the centre of the lobby and decorated for Christmas.

The only thing about the location is that if you are there for shopping, the hotel is located right in between the 2 main shopping areas of Sakae/Mitsukoshi/Oasis21, and Takashimaya at Nagoya Station. Both are too far to walk (maybe about 20-30 min), but there is a free shuttle service at certain times from the hotel to Nagoya station and back. Watch out as the pick-up point for the return to the hotel is at a different location across the street from the drop-off point. On weekends the shuttle service does go the Sakae but it makes a long loop which takes at least 45-min-1 hour, so you're still better off taking a taxi.

Breakfast was excellent as at all large Hiltons, losing out slightly to the Tokyo Hilton in terms of seating space but the variety is good. Rooms are comfortable with great views, being a slab-block and views are not blocked on both sides (unless on low floors). Enough space for 3 of us, being a 'western' hotel so rooms are spacious.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
GMNagoya, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

Thankyou sincerely for your positive feedback. I will share this with my team as feedback is highly valued.

Hilton Nagoya aims to provide the highest levels of product and service and I am glad that we wxceeded your expectations.

Regarding travel to and from the main shopping streets another option is the subway with the station approximately 50 metres from the hotel. Both Sakae and Nagoya Station are one stop in either direction from Fushimi Station.

Once again thankyou for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

This hotel is a real 5-star experience. Wen I arrived at 4:00 am, my room was ready and it was possible to order a comprehensive dinner service into the room. The room was large (as by Japanese standards), clean and well-appointed. A variety of bathroom amenities were readily available, though at first it was somewhat difficult to figure out what the signs meant. The windows could not be opened properly (some safety measure) though.

After a long flight, I was able to relax in a swimming pool (closing at 22:00). There was a slight misunderstanding with the towels, but the staff resolves the issue quickly. Major tourist and business spots were within a 5-10 minute subway ride.

In sum, one of the best options for a quality stay in Nagoya.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Thankyou for your very positive feedback.

The entire Hilton Nagoya team strives to provide the finest hotel experience in Central Japan and I am so pleased we met your expectations.

I will be sure to share your feedback with all of my colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Nagoya.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

Hilton is a standard for me - most often for business travel , but sometimes also for holidays. Service is always excellent and the rooms are always perfectly clean.

Receive the hotel experience you normally expect from Hilton.

This particular hotel is getting a little long in the tooth and should receive a renovation soon. Nevertheless, it's no so outdated as to be annoying. The huge radio built into the bedside table is a good example.

I'm not one of the "Up in the Air" crowd, but I do get around my fair share. I'm not a top level Hilton guest and am not offered free internet and other amenities reserved for those in the the top tier of the Hilton Honors program. In this regard, Hilton has got to stop charging excessive rates for internet access. There is a Starbucks across the street where one can enjoy free, wireless internet there just for buying a $4.00 coffee - let alone a room for more than $200 a night. But, that's my only complaint.

The hotel offers lovely views of the city, too. Very nice!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
GMNagoya, Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Thankyou for your positive feedback and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will also ensure we share your response with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nagoya when you next return to Central Japan.

Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2010

We arrived at the Hilton during an incredible heat wave with many pieces of heavy luggage. The hotel staff ran out front to greet us, took our bags from us, directed us to take a seat in the cool, air-conditioned lobby and brought us cold, moist towels to wipe our faces. The room had two twin beds and a rollaway, small desk and table with chairs. It was a little tight, but roomy by Japanese standards. Good size bathroom and closets. it was only a two block walk from the hotel to the train station. There were several nice places to eat within easy walking distance from the hotel. Also, you can take the train nrear the hotel one stop to Sakae where you can find nice shopping and restaurants.The free shuttle to Nagoya Castle from the Hilton was nice. We also took advantage of the free shuttle to Nagoya station as we were headed back to Tokyo. We had gone to Japan to help our daughter move back home from Nagoya where she had attended school for a year, so we had alot of heavy luggage with us, The hotel has a baggage shipping service available, which for us was a godsend. We sent our bags on ahead to our Tokyo hotel so we didn't have to drag them through the train and subway stations.
The staff at the Hilton knew us by name and everyone was very polite and helpful. They do charge a fee to use the pool or gym and a fee to use the internet. They did have a free English movie channel in the room which was nice for relaxing. Air conditioning worked very well!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thankyou very much for your very positive feedback. My team is committed to delivering the best service in Nagoya and I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Nagoya soon.