“Disappointed with Conciege's Service”
Review of Hilton Nagoya

Hilton Nagoya
Ranked #1 of 176 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've stayed in several Hilton hotels around the world and in other Japan cities before, in terms of conciege service, this hotel's staff was slow and didn't even put a smile on her face. I and my friends were surprised by this especially we were in Japan. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelAddictWT
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear TravelAddictWT,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read of your experience with the team member at Concierge when you made your enquiry. Whilst we receive many great comments about the team I apologize as your experience certainly fell short of that. On the bright side I will use this as an improvement opportunity with the team so that next time (and I hope there is a next time here for you) the reaction is both fast and friendly!

Best regards,

Craig Bonnor
General Manager Hilton Nagoya.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for countless days for business purpose. This place is what I choose first over any other hotel in Nagoya area, Japan.

Every trip I stayed in this hotel, I experienced consistently, clean and well prepared room and service and food, exercise equipment, swimming pool.. etc etc.
I just do not have any complaint in this facility. If it is there, it works as it supposed to be and as advertised. Simply, I can trust this hotel for what it is to be.

Only minor issue for me is, the old staffs are either gone or frequently rotated, some of who made me feel like home with their warm smile and kindness whenever I return to this hotel. But still it appears that most of the staffs are very well prepared and trained to deal with oversea business customers. This hotel truly helped me and my colleagues business travel arrangement anytime and any day for anything that they can possibly do (from preparing room to even arranging business trip taxi/transportation for long distance cities etc).

Room Tip: You just name it to them! they will do whatever they can. If they say they can not do it, that means...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Victor Y,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Hilton Nagoya. It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and various aspects of the product. We certainly aim to use excellent service to differentiate our hotel from others! We will watch the amount of job rotation in the future so we balance the benefits of that with having familiar faces for our regular guests, I appreciate the comment. Whenever you next make the trip over from Michigan we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at the Hilton for two weekends in October 2011. I was upgraded to executive suite on the top floor. The rooms were beautiful. The view was excellent, and the staff bent over backwards to make sure my stay was satisfactory.
I enjoyed the location, walking distance to many shops and very convenient to the train.

Dear Lambo62,

Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay at Hilton Nagoya.
I was glad to read you found the rooms, views and location very enjoyable.
Thanks also for mentioning how pleased you were with the service from our team, I will let them know and we hope to see you in Nagoya again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2011

If you need to use the train often, stay at the Marriott, which is upstairs from the train station. The Hilton is only a few blocks away from the train, but it takes about 15-20 minutes by taxi and you just sit at trafficlights....very frustrating.

The hotel was fine. Nothing special, but certainly adequate and fairly nice. The Chinese restaurant has very good food and good servcie, though is a little pricey. The breakfast and dinner buffet restaurant is just OK. The food was not great, but it was not horrible either.

The room was a nice size and was clean. The staff was very helpful and spoke English well.

The hotel shuttle from the train station stops at 8 or 9 pm.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Elizrobin213,

Thank you for your recent comments.
It was great to read about the helpfulness of the team, your very good experience in Dynasty Chinese restaurant and that you were pleased with the room.
We have noted the comments about breakfast and dinner in the Terrace buffet restaurant and will strive to improve our food offering. We are in fact revitalizing breakfast early in the New Year.
I was sorry to read about the frustration experienced with the taxi ride from Nagoya Station.
If we can tempt you to return there is a train station (Fushimi) right near Hilton Nagoya and it is just one stop from Nagoya station, which eliminates traffic.
Or you may have a better run with traffic lights next time.

Thanks again for your comments and all the best for a happy Festive Season.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Hilton Nagoya is a comfortable place to stay in Nagoya. The food and service are good. The television stations offer a few English speaking channels, enough to give you a couple of choices when you need to pass the time (like at 3am when you can't sleep); though a few more options would be helpful.

Wireless in the rooms would be nice and an update of the bathrooms is in order. Also, if you aren't interested in the breakfast buffet early in the morning (7am or so) they really don't have any other options. Would like it if the coffee shop was open earlier and offered some small breakfast sandwiches. Didn't notice a real gift shop on the premises either.

But the service was good, there are some nice dining options (the buffet and Chinese restaurants were good), and the room is comfortable enough. Everyone speaks/understands English pretty well. I am sure I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Dear “BlueNumber2”,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya! I am glad you enjoyed the restaurants, room and were comfortable with the English language capability of our team.
Your comments on breakfast are appreciated and we are now introducing a new menu (in addition to the Buffet) for guests who prefer not to have the full buffet.
I look forward to hearing your feedback after your next visit! We appreciate that 7 English language TV channels is less than most people enjoy at home, so we are constantly looking at the viability of any new options that broadcasters can deliver. Also taken on board for future planning are the comments regarding wireless internet and bathrooms.
I hope to extend a warm welcome back soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stayed on the 19th floor at Nagoya Hilton for 2 nights in mid October 2011. Overall, I was very satisfied. Check-in process was smooth, the employees are all nice and polite, and the room was clean and right size.
I especially liked the breakfast they provide. So many choices (they even provide Kishimen noodle), and delicious.
Internet connection was not free and relatively expensive (this is the only complaint I have).
Checkout process was also smooth. I wanted to use a taxi ticket and they got the right one promptly. Nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Greetings from Nagoya! I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you, and in particular our breakfast offering.

On the other hand, thank you for your comment regarding internet connection. I am sorry that we were unable to provide this service free of charge in your guest room. You are a valued customer and your feedback is appreciated. We all certainly look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Nagoya.

HILTON NAGOYA

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed for 4 nights on the top floor of rooms (27th) in a twin room.

The hotel is exactly what I would expect from a Hilton property, but it isn't as exceptional as some would have you believe - Kuala Lumpur Sentral is still the best in my opinion. The room was a bit tired, and could do with a refit soon. The hotel also suffers from the standard smell of stale smoke even though I was in a non-smoking room, with provided ashtray!

The hotel offer a shuttle bus to the station, but why do I have to book onto it. If there is space i'm getting on it, which after a short argument is exactly what I did.

The staff are very friendly in a Japanese way, but unable to provide anything but the most basic information.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only because it's a Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

I was sorry to read of your experience with the accommodation room and the shuttle service.
Whilst we receive many good comments about both aspects, I understand that your experience fell short of this and I would like to apologize.
We will use this feedback wisely to improve. I hope to personally welcome you back in the future.

With best regards,