“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Booked a room for myself and spouse and one for my son. We got upgraded to EF and our son got a deluxe room and was granted EL access. Much appreciated to be able to make use of the lounge as a family. I was Hilton Gold at the time, but have reached Diamond Status by now.
Rooms are clean, large and quiet with wonderful views. Staff is rather fluent in English and very friendly. Not only Chris, but all other staff made one feel at home.
Fast internet was a big plus for uploading pictures to my website.
Breakfast in the restaurant was of a high quality and the coffee and snacks in the EL were very tasty.
The shuttle did not run all day, but the distance to Nagoya Station or the subway was rather short. As in most Japanese towns public transport is well organised and reasonably priced.

Pleasant neighbourhood with many small restaurants and local atmosphere.

When visiting Nagoya again, I will certainly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The EL is worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Thank you for your comments and let me first say I was delighted to read you would definitely come back to Hilton Nagoya.
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, room and were comfortable with the English language capability of our team.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.
Thanks again for your comments and we all certainly look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Nagoya.

General Manager, Hilton Nagoya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Rooms are very efficient and clean. Although the dont have wireless throughout they will provide a wireless router upon request, better yet if you are a Hilton gold or diamond member it is free of charge. They are plenty of restaurants in the nearby area within walking distance, in fact an entire street of them lay just one block to the north of the hotel. The Nagoya Science Museum is also a cool spot about 10 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya!
I was glad to read you found the room and location very enjoyable.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Excellent hotel. Very good service and cleanliness. Very recomended.

• Stayed June 2012
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay at Hilton Nagoya.
It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and cleanliness of the product. We certainly aim to use excellent service to differentiate our hotel from others!
Once again, thanks for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nagoya soon.

Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member and am generally a fan of Hiltons. But not all Hiltons are created equal. This one, however, was among the better ones at which we have stayed. We came here during a brief stint in Japan on vacation. We had been to Japan a few times before so we decided to fan out to see something beyond Tokyo. One stop we decided would be Nagoya. The hotel was well located near Nagoya station so we we were able to walk there once we arrived in spite of having to roll a couple of large bags with us. As such, that also meant the hotel was well positioned in terms of walking to attractions in Nagoya or for access to the subway to get around. We found the staff to be very pleasant and very accommodating. In turn, we also found the lounge to be a very relaxing spot to grab a quick beverage. The lounge staff were very happy to help us with directions, schedules, etc. The price is a little steep but not out of line with expectations. Our room was an "American-sized" accommodation so it was very comfortable for us. The morning breakfast was very nice with a buffet that would cover nearly everyone's tastes and dietary requirements. The number of restaurants within walking distance was not as plentiful as we would have expected but we made do. Nagoya is a forgotten city in Japan when it comes to tourism and it is worth spending a bit of time here if you have the opportunity. The Hilton is a good base from which to explore this interesting city. It is also a very good base for business in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We all certainly look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Nagoya.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I need to say that we had a great experience in Hilton Nagoya.
From the moment of check-in to the last moment in the shuttle.

Also an great service in the executive lounge!! We were treated like kings and got all info and more without asking. I just loved it!

Thanks a lot
Regards
V

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our executive lounge.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Had a 3-night stay there. Given a deluxe room on 22nd floor; good city view, standard decor, nothing too exciting, comfortable enough, but not deluxe like Marriott. 3-min walk to Fushimi subway station. Small fitness center and pool. I would like to add to the list of plus:
1) We used the free hotel shuttle to Nagoya station for almost 10 times, which saved us a lot of leg work and money.
2) Superb breakfast.
3) Room very quiet.
4) Staff's English good enough.
5) Tip for no free wi-fi: there is a public IPAD next to the concierge desk. You can surf the Web for a while if you don't mind standing. We checked the weather and daily headlines there.
6) MOS burger is directly opposite. Try the beef rice burger. Yum Yum!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Hilton Nagoya Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, room and were comfortable with the English language capability of our team.
It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and various aspects of the product. We certainly aim to use excellent service to differentiate our hotel from others!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2012

While my previous review was generally positive, i have to say that the two subsequent stays I had at the Hilton Nagoya increased my appreciation for the hotel. I have stayed at the hotel for a total of 3 additional weeks over 2 visits since my original stay back in November 2011. Both subsequent visits I had rooms higher in the hotel. They were better with a few more features and generally a better feel.

I also was able to get access to the Executive Lounge. I highly recommend finding a way to get upgraded or pay extra for lounge access. It is a nice way to relax and find a more casual setting for food and drink.

The Hilton Nagoya is definitely a good hotel and can be a comfortable stay for both short and long term visits.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our Executive Lounge experience at Hilton Nagoya.
Whenever you next make the trip over from Pennsylvania
we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!