“Exceptional Service, Lovely Hotel”
Review of Chisun Inn Nagoya

Chisun Inn Nagoya
Ranked #142 of 167 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Melbourne, Australia
“Exceptional Service, Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

At first I didn't know what to expect from this budget hotel, but any concerns I had were alleviated when I was greeted warmly by the kind & friendly staff. Check in was quick & simple & I was in my room within 5 minutes! The room was clean & tidy, the bed was very comfortable & the bathroom had nice decor.
The LAN connection for the internet was really fast & had no trouble connecting to my mini wifi router allowing me to use my iPhone & iPad in the room.
I'd recommend booking a semi double if you have a lot of luggage as it gives you plenty of room to move around.
After check-out I had a couple of hours before my Shinkansen & the staff were happy to let me leave my suitcase in the baggage storage area. It was so convenient to have the hotel just a 5 minute walk from the station.
Every bit of service I received from the staff was impeccable and their English was very good too!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nagoya, in fact I liked this hotel so much that I also stayed there again a week later & plan to stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Book the semi double for extra space.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JulienLodger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at Chisun Inn Nagoya for 1 night, it's very close to the train station, very easy to find. The room is clean and comfortable. I found the twin room not too small, there's enough space for our two medium-sized luggage and we could still move around easily. The breakfast features a wide range of choices, pretty good. The only thing is they have very stringent check-in and check-out time, they wouldn't check us in even it's just 1.5hrs from standard check-in time (i.e. 15:00) and you must check out before 10:00. Not sure if this is the standard practice among Japanese hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Agnes Y
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Chisun Inn Nagoya is a relatively cheap hotel that is within 5 minutes of walk from Nagoya Station. Its close proximity to the station allows you to travel anywhere in Nagoya you want without much effort. The surrounding is also pretty safe thanks to having a station nearby. Recommended for first-time Nagoya goers who want a cheap and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 1988Ray
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I travelled alone in Nagoya and found this budget hotel close to the station very handy. The rooms are extremely small even for Japanese standards, and if you have a lot of luggage or need to repack your luggage, the rooms will probably be too small for you. On the other hand, a single room was very inexpensive and a five minute walk from JR Nagoya, while being quiet in the night and still offering all basic amenities.

I had mail sent to me in advance and some complicated business with luggage, and the hotel staff was very helpful and professional.

The hotel is also very convenient for Willer Express buses to Osaka and Tokyo, so for budget travellers, I'd recommend this hotel overall. Just be warned that when they call their room 'economy' they really mean it.

Room Tip: My window was facing the inner yard and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julia K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

As a single traveller I am very happy with this hotel, Check in check out is quick, location is perfect; just few minues from the Nagoya station (the Hotel is very easy to be spotted from the JR Nagoya Station), very cost effective for this location, Lawson convinent store near by. The room is small but it is definitely good enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bangkok
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Amount of night spent: 2 Nights (No breakfast)

Location: The hotel is quite accessible and really easy to find; only about 10 minutes walk from the JR Nagoya Station, you can even see it although night falls (the building is yellow, yes, very catching indeed.) There's also a convenient store (Lawson) near the hotel.

Front: The hotel staffs can communicate in English so language is not a problem.

The room: I stayed at a non-smoking single bed which I find it pretty comfortable and convenient. Although the room is quite small (yes, its a business hotel), it has got everything you need; a bath tub with shower curtain, hair-dryer, soft bed, and many more.

Overall: I am reasonably satisfied with the Chisun Inn Nagoya (I travelled alone, its quite safe).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank namobb
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've stayed in this hotel on 3 different trips to Nagoya. This is my go-to hotel if I need to be near Nagoya station (i use another hotel for the Sakae area). Its convenient, right by the station, convenience stores, restaurants, the highway bus stops, and its cheap. Its very easy to find as well. Since its a round shaped building the rooms are tiny due to the angled walls. I live and travel around Japan so I am used to the small rooms here but this place really is tiny. However the rooms are clean and functional enough for the 1-3 days that I usually stay. I stay in a lot of the Chisun brand hotels, and this one is as good as the others.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo