“The deluxe room was fabulous!”

Meitetsu Grand Hotel
Ranked #25 of 168 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Melbourne, Australia
“The deluxe room was fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. It was right at the end of our mother-daughter trip, so we treated ourselves to a deluxe twin room and it was great! The room was huge, and divided into sleeping and living areas by a large TV/entertainment unit. The bathroom was also in two parts, with a separate basin/vanity area, so that I could continue to get ready while my daughter was having her shower. The location is very convenient for those arriving in Nagoya by public transport, as it is next to the train station (airport line and shinkansen) and above the main bus terminal. Despite this, we were never disturbed by noise, from outside or adjoining rooms.The breakfast buffet was good, with many western and Japanese choices. We also had a lovely meal at the hotel's Japanese restaurant, where the staff went out of their way to help us make sense of the Japanese-language menu (even bringing in another member of staff with better English to make sure we understood what we were ordering). It's not a cheap hotel, but we certainly felt that we got value for money, particularly given the size and comfort of the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MumPlusOne2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pecs, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

just a new minutes from the station, close to shopping avenue and restaurants.
comfortable rooms, really friendly staff helping with whatever you need.
but no fitness room and small selection for breakfast.
perfect for a few nights stay!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Meitetsu grand Hotel is really convenient if you come to Nagoya using Nozomi (Shinkansen) train. My room was not big but ok and they even provide nightgown. The breakfast is really worth it as it takes place on the top floor (nice views on Nagoya) and the buffet-breakfast is full of japonese and wester food. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Fhinn
Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is semi-attached to the Nagoya train station, so that's convenient. The room was clean, staff was friendly, so you might why I only gave it 2 stars. Well, the restaurants close at 9 pm so if you arrive late you're out of luck. My coworkers and I were all in smoking rooms, the smell was disgusting. The breakfast buffet is just ok. I would have given them 3 stars, but for the fact that there is no in-room wifi, only lan cable. Next time I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Shen_Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Upon check in at the front desk, the hotel clerk refused to check me in. When I got to his area, he got on the phone and stayed on the phone until a Japanese man came to get checked in. He motioned for me to move out of the way and asked the Japanese man to move up to the desk. The other clerks witnessed this and did nothing, said nothing. I will ask my travel agency to not send anyone there ever again. I have issued an official letter of complaint to the hotel manager and informed my management at my job here in the US and in Japan.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Myron1961
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We only had 1 night heading to the central airport early next morning so this hotel was very convenient. Easy to walk from train and staff very friendly and helpful. We had a light meal in the sky lounge with view out over Nagoya. The hotel room had good amenities. This hotel was ideal for an overnight stay. The twin room was a good size.

• Stayed October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I travelled into Nagoya on the Shinkansen (Bullet train) from Tokyo and saw the hotel sign from the window. 'Great' I thought and got off the train and headed in the right direction. When I arrived, I was stunned that I could get such a fantastic hotel for the very reasonable price that I'd paid. The receptionist couldn't find my reservation and then smiled bewnignly as she told me that 'This is the New Nagoya Grand Hotel, you want the original.' I duly trooped off to the other side of the station and eventually found the original.
Despite the disappointment, it's really not bad, if a bit hard to find. There's only a door at street level, with the reception on the sixth floor or thereabouts. I had in inner room with no view and little natural light but it was clean, warm and comfortable, with bathrobe provided.
Breakfast earned a respectable 6/10 on the Ulster Fry scale. Perhaps an extra mark for the view from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a room with a view