“New museum”

Nagoya City Science Museum
Ranked #6 of 337 things to do in Nagoya
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I used to go to Nagoya City Science Museum when I was a child, but this is the first time to visit the museum after they refurbished to have the largest planetarium in the world.
We went there to see the special Mongolian dinosaurs' exhibition. As we went there on Wednesday, there were not many people (mainly school kids coming as a school trip). The lower level (level 2 and 3) are more suitable for small kids, so my son enjoyed playing there. There are a lot to see, but might be bit hard for non Japanese speakers as there's not much explanation in English.
There is a restaurant just outside of the museum, and they kid's friendly food like "asteroid meatball pasta". My "Hayashi rice" came with a dinosaur shaped chicken nugget which I thought was very cute.

1  Thank akm193Sydney
There are newer reviews for Nagoya City Science Museum

Reviewed 14 April 2014

A good place to visit, but very little English around the venue. We went to the planetarium, but were made fully aware that the sound would only be in japanese

1  Thank Justlikestravelling
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I visited this mega attraction place in Japan recently during my trip to Nagoya Japan. It was really a cherishable tech. trip as one can see and many innovative things there. Really Japanese are technically very much sound and master mind of zero defect technology. I recommend this place for all who visit Nagoya japan

2  Thank p7mir
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The enormous dome-shaped planetarium stands out from the outside view of the whole museum . When I went there , there were one exhibition going on , which is the chocolate exhibition . I bought the ticket that includes the planetarium , the science museum and the chocolate exhibition . The queue was long tho. I was super impressed by the science museum itself , cool things to check out , great for kids and adults too! I love the science museum , but I felt that the planetarium wasn't good enough . First of all, I blame myself for not understanding Japanese language well, second , although the theater was beautiful and really breathtaking ( when the whole semi-circular screen was filled with stars and constellations ! ) , but boy it was bored as hell ! I went with a group of 7 (that doesn't understand Japanese language well ) , all of us were asleep !! But no regrets ! Just we hope that they provide bilingual explanations , as there were lots of foreigners . Regarding the chocolate exhibition , it was a temporary exhibition , I thought the exhibition was not bad , the last part of the exhibition shows art works made of chocolates ( which includes , the cleopatra, a dinosaur , a train and so on ... ). Overall , I had a great experience here !

Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you want to visit planetarium better do it in weekdays.
The place is nice if you go with your kids.

1  Thank She746