Lowest prices for your stay
US$185
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Hotels.comUS$196
PricelineUS$191
CheapTicketsUS$196
All reviews large hotel koi carp japanese style room free shuttle bit dated outdoor onsen within walking distance western beds station bathtub bus ryokan
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel, located in the quiet town of Takayama, is huge yet very well mantained.
The room was big and quite nice, even if it seemed a little old and slightly worn-out, just like the corridors. The public hot springs are one of the strenghts of the hotel: they are big and very nice!
The food is very good, with both a Japanese and a Chinese restaurants, and there is also a big choice for the breakfast, with both Japanese and buffet style. Try the traditional Japanese breakfast and dinner!
The staff is kind and knows English very well.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank davidebucci
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We arrived at the Takayama Green Hotel after booking a Japanese non-smoking room for the night through booking.com and they were not expecting us and as such did not have a room ready. I had previously sent them an email asking about the times of the shuttle bus if they did not have a reservation for us would you not have thought they would have emailed me back explaining this. We had to show them the hotel confirmation slip from booking.com before they would find us a room. They proceeded to find us a room which was a standard western room with twin beds (we had booked a double) and to finish it off they gave us a smoking room. We asked about wifi to which we were informed that we could use wifi in the lounge, which is ok no issue here but neither myself or my husband could get onto it - after many attempts even with members of staff trying to help. So to be honest - not a very good experience was had by us.

Room tip: Not sure - sorry
Date of stay: July 2012
4  Thank PaulaL814
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We spent 2 nights in this wonderful hotel. We had a Tatami room with ensuite toilette & shower rooms and breakfast & dinner included in the stay. The room was huge with glorious glass wall windows overlooking the city. Even though the day was rainy, we had a great time practicing dance with the city as a backdrop. Found that Tatami maps are very danceable with socks!!

Room tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was great.
1  Thank pshurd
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Huge hotel, but our room was not near the bus tour of people that came in. We had a large room, Japanese and Western. There were bedspreads on the 2 double beds which I can't stand anymore. Are they ever cleaned? The shower bath room was large and there was a separate room with the heated toto toilet. Dinner was not to our Western taste at all and we had eaten some wonderful Japanese meals in different places. I guess it was their choice of food. The breakfast was wonderful- both Western and Japanese. The staff was very helpful. We never used the public baths, perhaps too bad but we didn't feel like going alone to the men's and ladie's sides. The pickup service at the train station was a nice touch.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I didn't like this hotel. It had a pretentious atmosphere.

Plus side: luxury, nice onsens (I liked the lower one better than the public one), large rooms, easily accessible from the station.

Down side: a bit off the beaten track, an example of the pretentious atmosphere I refer to above - two people were stationed at the automatic doors to 'wave' them open for you, yet when I asked for ice for a drink in my huge deluxe room I was told it was 300 yen.... now c'mon, I'd rather have a free icecube rather than an automatic door operator. The restaurants are very expensive; the wifi is limited to public areas and is very limited.

My impression was that this was a hotel for tour groups. If you like to travel like that it was ok; but there seemed to be far more interesting places in Takayama

1  Thank Redtrail