“Exceptional”

Ranked #12 of 880 Restaurants in Takayama
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner here. Food was exceptional, service was smooth and the friendly locals in the next table competed the scene.

2 Thank Ioannis T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“The best!!!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We went there 3 times during our 3 nights in Takayama. This is my second visit to Takayama. This time I took my parents here. We all just LOVE Ajikura Tenkoku. Wonderful slices of hida beef so delicious on the BBQ. The sauces selection were wide and to your own taste. They have chili, crushed garlic and lemon juice for you to personalise your dipping sauce. You might not even want any sauce as hida beef that they serve are so flavoursome. On the cold nights, I had egg soup to go with it. We felt in love with hida beef. I think it's better than Kobe beef that I had(~370AUD/ course). We spent between 20-30AUD per person without alcohol. The lady waitress that looked after us always so nice and courteous. She made us feel genuinely welcome. We got served free hot tea and ice water promptly.

We will be back time and again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Food_passion_Kae
Hong Kong, China
“Great barbecue.”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

In a land of beef, it pays to go to a good barbecue place and enjoy the local produce. This place gave us a warm welcome. The beef (and chicken, and vegetable platter) was excellent; the staff efficient.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank HK_Observer
Singapore, Singapore
“AMAZING PLACE FOR THE HEAVENLY HIDA BEEF!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our first time to Takayama and besides it having wonderful heritage sights, smells and sounds, my main agenda was for the prized Hida Beef. While the world is smitten by the fabled Matsusaka beef (me included!), I had to taste this wonderful beef that I have come to know not too long ago. We had it for Yakiniku for lunch and we were blown away by the value and quality, and we washed it down with the thirst quenching Takayama beer. The service was friendly and the staff were very nice, Takayama afterall is a very tourist friendly town. Just the lunch alone was more than worth the 2.5hr drive from Nagoya City. Highly recommend it as you will never get it for such good value in such nice ambience in terms of service and quality!

• Visited November 2013
Canberra
“Fantastic Barbeque Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed in Takyama for two nights and went to this restaurant on the first night. It was so good we went back the next night.

It is a great barbecue restaurant where you cook your meat at your table. There was a large selection of meats to choose from. There was also a good selection of vegetables that could also be barbequed. We found the food to be reasonably priced. It cost us less than $100 for 4 adults, including drinks.

The service was very good. There was a button on the table that you pushed and the staff always responded to this very promptly.

Part of the reason for our visit to Japan was to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had diiner on his birthday at this restaurant and he thought it was a great way to celebrate his birthday.

Visited May 2013