“perfect Organisation and Guide”
Review of Isite Takayama

Isite Takayama
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Takayama
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a half-day / 1 day round-trip bus tour from Takayama to Shirakawa-go, a world heritage site.Our bus tours take you there with our guide no transfer from JR Takayama station or near a hotel you stay.Fare for a round trip is the best rate compared with others.Adult ¥4400 Child ¥4000
Bern, Switzerland
357 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“perfect Organisation and Guide”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Guide was very funny and we had a lot of fun this Morning.
I have booked the Tour a few Weeks ago and all was perfect organised. The Price is less than the official Tour from Takayama. My Opinion, book these Tour, it's longer, cheaper and you have more fun.

Visited March 2014

• Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Fantastic value & one of the best sites in Japan”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We booked our tour after seeing a reference to iSite on a Trip Advisor review for Takayama. Glad we did! We visited for a morning tour in mid February and there was lots of snow but this just made Shirakawa-go more magical. We booked snow boots (Y500 each) and this helped. The office staff were super helpful online and when we arrived. Our guide was excellent and really helped us find interesting places for photos and to use our time well once we had arrived. A full day would have been better but with out limited time this gave us a great introduction which we extended by visiting Hida Village in the afternoon. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Well worth the trip”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We took the half day Shirakawa-go tour during the tail-end of the Japanese winter (March). It was cold, but it also gave the place even more charm.

About the tour:
1. Our guide, Mr. Yamamoto, was a pleasant, entertaining and knowledgable gentleman. He explained things very succinctly and gave out cute easy-to-read pamphlets about Shirakawa-go (just in case you want an even more in-depth information about the houses and the area).

2. Two and a half hours in Shirakawa-go is enough. You don't have to go through all the sites. This tour tells you the most important places to visit and that was good enough for us. We also managed to grab a cup of hot tea+snacks and bought some souvenirs.

3. The bus picked us up/ dropped us off on time! Comfortable bus. The bus driver drove very smoothly despite the slippery terrain.

In short: go for this tour. Definitely worth your money.

Visited March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Perfect guide”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I join Shirakawago half day trip on 24th Feb 2014. I very happy with this trip. My guide leader is Kyoko-san. She has a lot of funny,friendly, and a lot of detail about Shirakawago. Me and my mom very happy to join this trip and we mostly recommend if you want to come to Shirakawago with this program.
PS.Sorry for my weakness english skill. ^^"

Visited February 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“How a guided tour should be”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Shirakawago is one of the most memorable places I've been to in Japan, so I would highly recommend going there - and I would recommend going there with this guided tour.

Our guide, Mr. Yamamoto, was brilliant, both funny and informative about the sights and culture of Shirakawago. He helped us a lot and was very good at English. When we arrived we had an hour and a half to see the site, which was enough time to see the different buildings and take a stroll around the area.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with guided tours in other countries, so initially I was a bit hesitant to go on this one. Usually guided tours mean you sit in a bus for hours, get herded around like sheep and only have limited time to see the actual attraction. But I must say, this guided day tour to Shirakawago gave me newfound hope in how well a guided tour can be managed. I wish Mr. Yamamoto all the best, and thank him for a great experience.

Visited August 2013