Hotel Associa Takayama Resort
Takayama Green Hotel(Takayama)
Ryokan Seibei(Takayama)
Hotel Acty(Takayama)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle busregular shuttle servicespa areapark wingjapanese restaurantvery nice hoteljapanese alpsevery half hourmen and womenoverlooking the mountainschoice of restaurantsevening buffethot poolshotel is situatedindoor and outdoor poolsbeautiful onsenthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I was looking for a nice hotel in Takayama with a good onsen. After reading the ratings & reviews by others on Trip Advisor, I selected it. I was not disappointed in the onsen as there were 2 floors (alternated for men & women on the 2 nights I was there). I chose the tatami room and enjoyed the total Japanese experience. I did have a look at the Western style room as well and thought it was very nice too. The Japanese breakfast was delicious and the Western buffet breakfast quite substantial. The only "not-so-convenient" part of the hotel is that it is quite far from town (on a hill) although the hourly shuttle bus provided by the hotel helped.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed here with my partner in April for 2 nights. The hotel is located about 5-10 minutes from the main town but a hotel shuttle bus leaves regularly to deliver you to town and back. I was amazed at how big this hotel was, the service is not fantastic, not like you would get at a small boutique hotel, but i guess because its so large they see so many faces.

It's hard to fault this hotel, the rooms are huge, the views are great and it's very clean. The food can be expensive, but with so many options in town its not even worth thinking about eating at the hotel. If you take the time to walk around town you will find some cute little french bakeries for breakfast in the back streets. One in particular was located very close to the station, take the street Ekimae Chuo and then turn first left and its on that street (the street is only very short)

We had a very comfortable stay here and i would definitely recommend it to friends, although it was the most expensive place that we looked at. The only reason we picked this resort is because everything else was booked out in Takayama! But a great choice regardless.

Also, the outdoor onsen is amazing! Very classy. If you have the opportunity, make the effort and use the onsen. .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed here for one night. Our large room had comfortable twin beds, two armchairs, a footstool, a desk and chair, and a flat-screen TV (on which we could find no English-language broadcasts). There was no good light for reading. The small bathroom has the standard Japanese electric toilet, adequate towels and toiletries, but it was the only hotel we stayed in during out visit to Japan that did not supply washcloths.

We did not use the Japanese baths, which had indoor and outdoor pools filled with water from the local natural hot springs. Bathing was only in the nude.

Our group had a private room for breakfast, which was truly a magnificent repast, adapted to our special dietary needs.

Both the hotel lobby and our room were very esthetically pleasing.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank coffeemavenswife
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This hotel is so-called the best quality in the area, but probably not the service quality. Can't really tell if there's some cultural difference or what, the staff didn't seem friendly (yet still quite polite) I've stayed in many hotels in Japan, and felt the service was just below their own standard. I wouln't recommend the hotel as I really care about the service quality. Other than this, everything seemed flawless.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family