“Good Food, Service Slow, Bar Friendly - Good Time”

Parillo's Armory Grill
Ranked #6 of 77 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Albany, NY
“Good Food, Service Slow, Bar Friendly - Good Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Parillo's Armory Grill is definitely a very good place for traditional Italian food. I had the Veal Theresa which was very good - hot, fresh, tasty. My wife ordered the Bella Jacqueline chicken dish, and also liked it. The service a bit annoying/slow, but, to be fair, they were very busy. The bar is a good time, but the house wines are really bad, especially the chardonnay. Please get in some premium wines you can purchase by the glass. The back room is amazing with the decor and layout - now that feels like you are in an Italian restaurant! We also like playing Dean Martin on the Juke box to add some Italian ambiance while at the bar.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank STEBAY711

Johnstown, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner at Parillo's Armory Grill 12/21/13”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We looked forward to dining again at the Armory Grill, but last Saturday, 12/21/13, was such a disappointment. Up until this time we have always loved everything about this restaurant. Two of us ordered the Veal 3-Cheese dinner special, and when it arrived it was cold and we could not even cut it with our knife, it was so tough. I let our waiter know this, and his comment was that he would let the chef know. However, I could not even eat my meal and left it to be taken away. No apology was made or even a suggestion for another meal. The chicken soup was bland and needed a lot of spicing up. We will not be going to this restaurant again. I don't know what happened, but there must have been a new chef in the kitchen because none of our meals were worth even eating.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joan P
Huntingdon Valley, PA
“Good service - Okay Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Definitely a good place for regular Italian food. Homemade chicken noodle soup was delicious and the salad also was very good. My husband had a seafood pasta dish that he enjoyed, and I wish I would have done the same.. I ordered braciole, and it was dry and very spicy and almost impossible to cut. The service was very good, even though they were very busy. I think you would be good here if you order a ravioli or a pasta dish and stay away from the meat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Trixie1953
“Food is awesome!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Food was very tasty!!! Hearty portions on the Steaks; veal dishes were amazing. Ambience was nice; but the service needs more attention!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cncharidemou95
Amsterdam, New York
“Excellent meal as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just back from an excellent meal at Armory Grill. I've been a few times and always wish I would not have waited so long to return. We arrived without a reservation and were seated within a few minutes. The restaurant was busy but not completely full. The wait staff was busy but keeping up. Our meals consisted of good soup, a tasty salad, and excellent main courses (Pollo a la Gina and Linguini with Clam Sauce). We have plenty of good options for Italian food in Amsterdam, and Armory Grill is at or near the top.

• Visited August 2013