“Rustic atmosphere, good food and drinks. Beef and seafood are the specialty”

Raindancer Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In 1980, the Raindancer Restaurant, located at 4582 Route 30, was established by Doreen and Walter Porath. This family-run business has grown considerably during the past 35 years. In an effort to stay current and better serve the community, the restaurant has had numerous additions, renovations and creative concepts that were implemented to keep things fresh. This constant improvement, combined with the old-fashioned notion of ample portions, quality ingredients, top-notch service and the community support we have continued to receive, has kept the Raindancer at the top of everyone's dining list throughout the years. At the Raindancer, we offer different menus for all occasions. Whether it's a quiet, romantic dinner, casual dining, take-out and party platters or to help you plan a party, the Raindancer is here for you. We have multiple dining rooms available to help make that special occasion something extra special. We offer a banquet menu that can be customized to fit your special occasion. We can accommodate for bereavement luncheons, bridal and baby showers, rehearsal dinners, receptions or company business meetings. We are open year-round with the exceptions of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Memorial Day. For all other holidays, we offer dinner features such as a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or a Mother's Day or Easter dinner for your family. Our dinner and lite fare (lunch) menus are available throughout the restaurant anytime. Choose from a selection of over 80 items on our menu and our daily feature board (Polish Night is every Tuesday). Plus, we offer an exceptional salad bar with breads baked in-house daily. If you plan to eat at any earlier hour, we offer an early bird menu seven days a week. The Raindancer also offers any of our menu items, party platters and features for take-out (except the early bird menu). Just call ahead and your order will be ready at our pickup window. And if you're just looking for a quick bite to eat, then join us in our cocktail lounge and enjoy great food, great atmosphere and a wide variety of wines and beer alongside one of our fireplaces. We offer over 80 Wines by the glass and 20 different beers on tap. The Raindancer Restaurant opens at 11:30 am, Monday through Saturday and at 12:30 p.M. On Sundays. We look forward to seeing you for lunch, dinner or your next special occasion.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Good place for pub fare and dinners. Will accommodate any size party. Great food and drinks. Salad bar Hugh steaks and prime rib. Nice variety if desserts

Reviewed 25 March 2014

best prime rib in town , great price on the early bird special salad bar is also excellent highly recommend this to everyone

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We almost didn't come back after two bad meals in a row last year but thought we should give it one more try. We were very glad we did. Had a meal for two with a 30oz prime rib, stuffed shrimp, lobster tails, potato & green beans. It also came with the salad bar which is quite large with a nice selection of items. Food was great and service was excellent. We added drinks, one soup & dessert for just under $100. Very glad the quality of the food and service is back to normal.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Went to dinner with my man thought we would go to Raindancer for a change. BOY WHAT A CHANGE!!!! I had grilled pork chops, the pork chops were a thin 6" by 4" less than a 1/4"thick piece of dry meat (2 to serving thank goodness)!!!! My boyfriend had shrimp scampi that had 4 tiny little shrimp. I can not believe how this place gets the wonderful reputation it gets. The food has gone down hill by leaps and bounds. Was it because it was a Monday night, I don't think so!! The only thing we had good was the beer, and you can't really screw that up, of course you could, just give it time and it will happen.

2  Thank marjoe1
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Have gone here many times in past, less recently. My sisinlaw loves to go here, her family gives her certificates for any and all occasions, but I pay full way. Their bar menu prob'ly the best, altho you better like chicken, since it's mostly that,. I don't. We sit near the bar, usually, and can be cosy with fireplace on, but somehow, I feel this is an older 60's and up crowd place. Whatever I eat here, 9 times out of 10 I feel cramps coming on several hours later, and yep, raindancer bug hits again. I never eat here with my family anymore, as we have all come down with stomach problems. Not my favorite place to go, although it's nicely decorated inside, if a bit oldfashioned now.