“Amazing Red Sauce, Great Eggplant, Wonderful Food”
Review of Russo's Grill

Russo's Grill
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Russo's is a classic Italian place in every way. The red sauce is delicious; they specialize in thin, crispy-fried eggplant. Their bread is all homemade, and it arrives on the table pre-buttered. I've never seen that anywhere else. We stopped in Russo's because we were driving all day, and we couldn't find anywhere else in Amsterdam to eat -- but the food was so good we'd go back right away if we lived nearby.

Loved it!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've been there several times and reviewed it - we get our food to go and it is always good and done in a timely manner - this week we had chicken parm with penne - comes with bread - love their Italian bread!!
They are open every day and always busy - pizza is also very good - the flood did not change the food - recently they opened another place in Broadalbin - will have to give it try some time - I bet they do a good business with campers going up to the Lake.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was not impressed with their entrees but they have amazing appetizers! Its clean and very beautiful inside, I just didn't prefer their food.

1  Thank amber b
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The best Italian food north of the Capital District region in NY State, Russo's is a family atmosphere, noting fancy, just great food in a warm and welcoming environment. Their bread is from a local baker, and comes pre-buttered. Where else can you get that kind of service?

The entrees range from simple Italian dishes to specials for special occasions (prime rib and lobster for Valentine's Day). We often just order pizza (hand-tossed crust, of course) and salad. But if you opt for a dinner, make sure to order meatballs. They are the size of a baseball, made the old-fashioned way with a mix of meats, and with the best meatball flavor ever.

Service is always prompt, provided with a smile and a welcome whether it's your first visit or 50th. Make sure you have an empty stomach that needs a good filling before you go.....and you will probably still have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Scotia, NY shopping at Aunt Katie's Consignment an since we aren't from the area we asked the lovely cashier to recommend a restaurant. She quickly suggested Russo's. I had briefly checked TripAdvisor for suggestions and did read the reviews on Russo's. I have to say, when I read the reviews I wasn't sold. When the cashier insisted it was good, my husband and I decided to be adventurous.

The outside of the restaurant is plain and doesn't seem to be in a good neighborhood, the inside is dated decor BUT the food is great. Our waitress was the only one working and was running around but was still able to pay enough attention to us. We both ordered a hot sandwich, meatball and eggplant parm. They serve beautiful homemade Italian bread, I easily could have eaten a half loaf with butter and been satisfied! Our sandwiches came out and they were huge! We both cut our sandwich in half so we could try both. The meatballs were very tasty, the eggplant was piled high and very light. The sauce was good, though I prefer a sweeter sauce I still basically sopped up all the sauce with the bread.

We will definitely go back and plan to tell others to stop of they're in the area.

1  Thank Mccabers