“One of the best experiences of my trip”

K's House Ito Onsen
Ranked #1 of 55 Speciality lodging in Ito
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

After being in the rather hectic Tokyo for the past few days, my friend and I decided to go to Ito to catch the sights. We had stayed in k's house hostels before so we knew the place would be good, but man I couldn't have imagined such a great stay. The building is stunning, over 100 years old, and the onsens inside were available 24/7 and free! Ito was a great mix of city life and traditional japan and although you won't be surfing the beaches were great to relax on. All the staff were friendly as always-I'd recommend k's house ito onsen to anyone looking for places to visit in japan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Masao O, Manager at K's House Ito Onsen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Dear Ross,
We appreciate that you have taken time to write us a five-star review here on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to learn that you really loved your stay in K's House Ito Onsen!
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed our 24/7 onsen, an old heritage house and most importantly, our helpful and friendly staff!
Please be assured that your comment about our staff has been shared with them as it is always a great motivator for the team.
Hope to see you back soon at K's House !

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We staid one night in a private, ensuite room facing the river. This location combines the best of a traditional Japanese ryokan and a modern tourist hostel.
The staff were super-friendly and spoke excellent English.
The room was spacious and comfortable for the whole family (2 adults plus 3 children aged 11, 5, 1) while retaining an authentic atmosphere.
The whole family enjoyed the small private onsen together. After putting the kids in bed, we enjoyed a romantic drink sitting in the wide embrasure with windows towards the river wide open in the warm May evening.
As to amenities, there were all things you expect from a hostel and much more: fridge, electronic washlet WC, free coffee etc.
We can very strongly recommend this place for a stay on the beautiful Izu peninsula.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ivan,
Thank you and your family for choosing K's House for your stay in Ito and for taking the time to write us a detailed review about your extended experience.

Thank you also for praising our staff and service, we will continue to create memorable experiences for our valued guests. Your comment about the staff has been shared with all of us as it is always a great motivator for the team. We are also delighted to learn that private onsen have brought you much convenience.

Once again thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel again!

Best wishes,
Masao

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We ended up in Ito because we underestimated how long it was going to take us to get from Kanazawa to Mt. Fuji. So at 7:00pm in Atamii we called K's House Ito to see if they had room for us before we took the 20 minute train ride down the peninsula. We are glad we did. The 150 year old building is lovely and the common spaces are many and spacious. They even had a Japanese dryer that dried our laundry in less than 4 hours. It took only 40 minutes even with blue jeans. Those of you who have been doing your own laundry along the way know what I am talking about!
We had a 3 person room on the 2nd floor on the river side. A pine tree intertwined with a cherry framed our view. The tatami rooms are quite large with an entry room where we could easily put all our luggage, the sleeping room and the balcony/sitting room. They even had a small frig in the room. The public baths are quite large and well designed but we had a small private onsen across the hall that was also clean and comfortable. Good drip coffee was available every morning and we were able to enjoy it on our balcony overlooking the river. The staff all spoke English quite well and were very helpful and friendly. We didn't do much while we were there as we were in rest mode before going to Tokyo but there is plenty of hiking around and we found several good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnandBart
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is simply amazing when you compare it to the price. It's cheap and you get real japanese style with tatami mats.

Large common area with view of a river right outside the place, TV area, and you can buy cold draft beer in the reception.

Included in the price is an Onsen. This is free to use. There's also a (very) small private onsen, also free to use.

This place is simply amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My fiancé and I stayed for 2 nights in Golden Week. That was one of the best relaxing stays. The simply wonderful historical building. The great Onsen bath for 24 hours. Clean bedding and nice staff who are very helpful. It`s easy to get to the station and convenient stores and restaurants. We simply loved this place. Especially the building is amazing which made me feel like I had slipped back in the great Japanese old time. But one thing the wall is a little thin so I could hear the other rooms sound in the night.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room at road side was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sachiko T
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first experience of a very short trip stay at ryokan in Japan. And it made my stay most comfortable. Amazing location amazing staff amazing rooms and a free onsen 24 hours :). My first trip coincided with their monthly party which is so much fun. I had amazing veg okonomiyakis and yakisoba. We loved our stay and immediately made up our mind for next trip soon. I loved the common area and spent my time sitting by river side you get more than you pay. A must for any traveler to Atami.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here for only a night with my mom and regretted it. I wish I stayed longer. This is a good place to stay to unwind. One of the staff give me a map and showed me where to eat...and I followed his advice...so my mom and I went to eat in this small restaurant...It was soooo good...I am going to save up money again...and I will definitely come back and will stay longer than a week...(^_^)...The room my mom and I got is really nice...it is on the second floor, overlooking the river...We had fun watching the fish. The place is very clean and it does not look like a hostel at all ( never been to one so I don't really know how hostel look like). The coffee in the morning is really good...(^_^)...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family