ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama
US$90
US$67
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Toyama Chitetsu Hotel(Toyama)(Great Value!)
US$166
Trip.com
US$72
US$67
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusiness triphotel is centrally locatedbreakfast buffetcorner roommassage chairacross the roadefficient staffjapanese and western styleclean bathroomtwo twin bedsthe hotel staffvery nice hotelfree ticketsairport busrailway stationcastleenglish
Reviewed 26 June 2014

There are two particular things that I liked in this hotel. First, the bathroom mirror - a portion of it is still clear during a hot shower. Second, the breakfast buffet with free beer.

The room is not that big but enough for solo travelers. Also, for those who are into photography, the park outside especially during winter is decorated with colorful lights. You can practice your night / long exposure skills.

It is also worth noting that there is a convenience store just outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs a big upgrade, all the furniture are outdated. My tv is facing the desk rather than the bed.
The carpet needs to be cleaned and the desk changed. I never liked crown plazas and this one made me think that I will never go to one from now on!
The staff is super nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Roche68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Roche68,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our staff highly commendable.

On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The hotel is centrally located, clean, with Japanese-sized smaller rooms that are comfortable, warm and well equipped, The staff are very helpful, attentive and proactive when you need help.
For business travelers with no Japanese language skills, the customer care will deliver the peace of mind you need. Support in English is very good. Local fresh seafood, sake and local beef dishes are delicious. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of Toyama. Rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FinnMcCoolAsia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed for a business trip. The rooms are basic, on the smallish side for US travelers, but clean. Staff are courteous and efficient. I was surprised to find that many spoke and understood English quite well. The room amenities include nice bath salts which really soften the bath water! The highlight, though, was the breakfast buffet. Many of the dishes were local, such as firefly squid (hotaru ika) and white shrimp (shiro ebi). The rice was also local and absolutely fantastic. There was a light freshness to it that cannot be found elsewhere, even in Japan! Also interesting is how they offer ice cream at breakfast--really yummy and one flavor is green tea! The Western fare is only so-so, and typical of Japanese hotels, but then, why would you go to Japan to eat Western food? No hotel pool.

The hotel is located across the street from the Toyama castle, and there is a nice park that surrounds it. Across the Etchu Higashi hwy is a 7-11. Very convenient for sundries and decent Japanese deli foods. You can try the trout sushi, which is a local specialty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mt188
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Some of the reviews here sound like somebody from the hotel staff started writing reviews to be honest. The breakfast buffet is international average but definitively not "superb", this hotel is also not "the best hotel ever". Having said this I can recommend the hotel for business travellers. The rooms are small and of this slightly old-fashioned design that also new things in many Japanese locations seem to have but everything is fully functional. I liked the massage chair in my room that gives a surprisingly good massage - try it! The check-in and check-out is fast and efficient. The English skills of the personnel are quite limited but enough to run the standard procedures. The food at the breakfast buffet is ok and offers also healthy options like steamed vegetables, fruits. The breakfast area is in the ground floor offering bright daylight and, occasionally, noise. When I stayed there there was quite some noise: The staff prepared the lobby area for a weeding ceremony. The internet services were very good: My iPad was easily connecting and speed and bandwith were very satisfying. I missed, as in many Japanese hotels, a gym. So take your running shoes, leave the hotel, cross the road, run along the little park next to the castle until you find a very small river. Follow this river. Do not expect pure nature, you will still run in a very urban area.

Room Tip: I have stayed there repeatedly and got corner rooms quite often. Liked them very much because you can see the mountains on the horizon.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business