All reviews fresh seafood main building japanese summer oki port abundant minded tradition futon shrine ryokan
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Mihonoseki is a quiet and small fishing village. Staying here was a relief after visiting the bustling and crowded Japanese big cities.
We stayed 3 nights in the annex of Fukumakan Hotel and enjoyed a perfect sleep.
The annex is a separate house, about 100 m from the main building.
The owner and his family are very service minded and extremely friendly .
The breakfast and diner are a real feast!
We feel extremely lucky that we could stay at this place.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank guidoAntwerp
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Kama, the host, is amazing--always making sure that every wish expressed or anticipated is fulfilled. He upgraded us to a harbor-view 200-year-old spacious Japanese home that we loved. We loved the quiet of this little "hamlet", away from the city of Matsue. Our traditional dinner and breakfast were very abundant, especially with the fresh seafood that his boat gathers every day.

Room tip: there are five private homes available--I'd choose one of them.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne U
Reviewed 8 April 2017

It's impossible to fly to Yonago Airport and embark ferry to Oki Islands Geopark on the same day. That's why we picked Ryokan Fukumakan.
A great choice to stay overnight in the vicinity of Saigo port. Seafront location with chance of coastal walks if you have energy.
We even received an email reminder from the hotel one day before arrival, reminding me to book the dinner at a very reasonable price. Don't miss the chance to have onsen at the family room; we love that way of recharging ourselves before our Oki Islands adventure.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank ckm818
takashifukuma, オーナー at Fukumakan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

thank you booking our hotel fukumakan next time coming to japan we are waiting thank you from takashi fukuma

Reviewed 29 July 2016

This is my best Ryakon experience in Japan! I have not visited any hotel or Ryakon in Japan with this service level it was exceptional. If I could give it six stars I would do that.
I ordered a room with shared bathroom I received a complete house with kitchen, micro oven, fridge and washing machine. There was bathroom with shower and toilette included in the facility. There was a small TV and a table with four chairs. Upstairs was the sleeping area sleeping on the floor typical for a ryakon. There were air-con system for both down stair and up stair rooms with great capacity. You ca easily cool a room down to 20 degree Celsius if you want. Really appreciated during the hot Japanese summer. There was no WIFI in these building one has to go to the main building for this service but it was available free of charge.

I had ordered the breakfast and dinner program. I can tell you the food was absolute excellent. Breakfast can be Japanese or more traditional with yogurt, fruit, toast actually how you would like to eat breakfast! Dinner was everything the sea could bring to the table and a glass of wonderful sake. I did say the food was excellent it is also substantial. You will eat a lot at this place.

The couple running this place are very service minded and friendly. The manager took care of my car problem calling the car company and sorted out all questions with the insurance, to do that my car had to stay at the Ryakon. The manager drove the to the ferry terminal for the Oki Island ferries and picked me up a again when I returned in the evening. At dinner time in the evening the car problem was solved while I had a nice day at Oki Islands. I do recommend a visit at this nice Ryakon you will more than satisfied.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jan-OlofO
takashifukuma, オーナー at Fukumakan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

thnak you so much stay mihonoseki fukumakan anex 3nigite please we are waiting next time will coming to japan coming to mihonoseki fukumakan thank you

Reviewed 8 June 2015

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay. The view from the room was stunning. The host was very friendly. The fresh seafood was divine. Would recommend it if you want to get out of the city and relax.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BBSabina
takashifukuma, オーナー at Fukumakan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

thank you so much stay mihonoseki fukumakan enjoy boat and sea food we are happy please come to next japan we are waiting everyting thank you best regard http://www.fukumakan.jp from takashi fukuma