“Nice, reasonably priced room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Wing International Chitose

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Chitose
Tokyo
“Nice, reasonably priced room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Early July-2014

It was a quick check for reasonably priced hotel as the week we had to be there coincided with a major golf tournament in town. Ouch ............ We were happy to find the room with nice layout n got to watch FIFA matches before our own golf for the day.

She is in good location, close to Chitose airport and an outlet mall and on a main road, where convenience stores and a nice, tempting steak house (Victoria) are in close proximity as well. Closet even has a deodorant spray handy, if needed. What a careful host, though our room does not need one. Room has free wifi n yes, do reserve the free bus shuttle to airport, if needed. The bus will wait outside the hotel lobby.

Bed style is of lower height layout, an interesting setting n good for as trial for own bedroom re-styling in the future, if needed.

Seems to have a few other golfers in the hotel too as we saw their golf bags prepared for the courier pick up, lined at one side of the lobby.

There are pantry filled with microwave, hot water pots and coin laundry, if you needed.

Basic room amenities are available in room as well - hair drier, electric kettle, tea, cups n glasses, torchlight.

Room Tip: Do make sure you reserved a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ホテルウィングインターナショナル千歳, フロント at Hotel Wing International Chitose, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for staying .

The room is small as you say,
A refrigerator, a shampoo, a conditioner,
a toothbrush, a razor, a towel, a deodorizer,
and disposable slippers are in the room.

An ice machine, a humidifier, a microwave oven, and a laundromat are in a hotel.
This corner and a tavern restaurant are also in a hotel.

Front desk Morita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
YYZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel room is small. Bathroom is as small as one in downtown Tokyo area.
There is shuttle service but information is incorrect and we missed the shuttle
"bus stop no. 31 or 32." - there is no such stop.
Taxi from airport to hotel is 1900yen.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank njstar
Thank you for staying .

I am sorry that guidance at a shuttle bus stop is insufficient.

Although the room and a bathroom are small as you say,
Accommodation charges are profitable.

We have a free shuttle bus between a hotel and an airport

From Chitose airport

17:30
18:20
19:10
20:00
20:50
22:10
23:00

Bus stop is No. 1 (JAL side) or No.30(ANA side) in front of domestic flight terminal building ,
and bus stop is No. 67 in front of International airline terminal building.

From Hotelwing International Chitose to Chitose airport

10:10
11:05

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose this hotel in Chitose as it is near New Chitose Airport and the hotel has a free shuttle to the airport. We have an early morning flight to catch to return to Osaka.

Do remember to book the free shuttle ride at the same time when you check in, if getting on a specific shuttle timing is important to you. The number of seats is limited by the size of the mini-bus.

Anyway, we checked into the hotel and deposited the luggage and the kids in the two triple rooms we'd booked.

Then my husband and I drove to the same Toyota car rental outlet in Chitose known as their Poplar branch (where we picked up the car from on Day 1) to return the car (easy finding the way using GPS). On the way there, we saw the Rera Outlet Mall and stopped by to have a look. As long as we returned the car by 7pm (the time we'd stated we'd return the car when we booked the car), we're good.

I'd read a lot of people talking about Rera Outlet Mall on the net, but I got bored after less than 5 minutes there as I'm not a branded-goods person. So we were out of there.

We returned the car and car key, and after a short wait as the car rental staff checked the car and gave us the all clear, we collected the paperwork, and took the rental car company's shuttle to the airport.

The rental car company's shuttle does not drive us to Chitose. But I'd planned to use their airport shuttle to take the train from the airport to Chitose station (just two stations apart). Hotel Wing is 10 minutes' walk from Chitose Station. That was also another reason I had booked Hotel Wing.

A bit more about the car rental company. Its operations hours are from 8am to 8pm, I think. Our morning flight was at 9.30, but of course, we needed to check in 1.5 hours before that. Which means, if we don't want to miss our flight due to unforeseen circumstances, we should target to be at the airport at 8am. Ah, but we can't return the car before 8am. That's why we returned the car this evening.

During a previous Hokkaido trip, we've never visited Chitose before. So the rest of the evening, we walked around town as we picked a place for dinner. We're now exploring on foot since we haven't got a car any more. Chitose is a nice pleasant place, quieter and gentler than bustling Sapporo.

Settled on this popular Victoria family restaurant in Chitose for dinner. It's in between Hotel Wing and Chitose Station. We waited a little while before we got a table.

It's semi-buffet concept. Two prices. The basic and very reasonable price of 733Y gives you a choice of main course and free flow access to the curry rice bar (help yourself to rice and curry sauce), soup bar (help yourself to two different types of soup) and iced water. If you pay slightly more, you also get free flow of soft drinks. No thanks, I don't want my kids loading up on soft drinks.

On the main course's platter, there's a black, circular chunk of heated metal for you to cook your steak to whatever degree you prefer. I think this is a much better idea than having a heated hotplate. One, your food won't get overcooked unintentionally, and two, it saves energy to heat just a small chunk of metal than a hotplate.

Walked back to Hotel Wing to shower and sleep. Early morning flight to catch.

Room Tip: Okay for families as they've got triple rooms, unlike most business hotels like Toyoko Inn.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hissyfit
ホテルウィングインターナショナル千歳, フロント at Hotel Wing International Chitose, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for staying .

It seems that you were pleasant for you to have taken a Hokkaido trip using the rental car.
After returning a rental car, for going to an airport,
Since the shuttle bus between Chitose airport to hotelwing is no charge,
Please use from now on.

There are many restaurants, Sushi bar,Ramen restaurant,Tavern restaurant,
in the surroundings of a hotel.

Sydney Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I selected this hotel hastily after travel arrangements changed. We were arriving
after 8 pm and leaving the next morning, so really wanted somewhere with a hot shower, comfortable bed, a restaurant for dinner and breakfast, had wifi and a free airport shuttle. It met all those requirements well.
However, it had one major flaw.
The inescapable smell of cigarette smoke. It filled corridors, lifts, room and restaurant. It was awful and took days to lose the smell from our clothes.
We won't return simply because of the cigarette smell.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are a non smoker!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ホテルウィングインターナショナル千歳, フロント at Hotel Wing International Chitose, responded to this review, 26 March 2014

I apologize for the smell of cigarette .
I had you be satisfied with a hot shower,
comfortable bed, a restaurant for dinner and breakfast,
had wifi and a free airport shuttle with much trouble,
All became spoilt by the smell of cigarette.

Frontdesk Morita

Travellers are raving about these Chitose hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Extremely long day starting at 3am for taxi pick up 4am. Flight Mel-Syd 6am, Syd-Tokyo 9.15am arriving Tokyo time 5pm with 1 and a half hours to clear immigration and customs, collect bags and walk to domestic terminal, check in bags and get to gate for 6.30pm flight Tokyo-New Chitose. This is the last flight leaving Tokyo to New Chitose so if we missed this flight, that’s it. Many others were also panicking but being many others, the plane would surely not leave without us. Immigration took nearly an hour and that was us asking to jump queue to catch this flight. After collecting bags, we raced to the domestic terminal which is basically out of doors to the left and a 10 min walk or a 5 min run. Checked in bags and went upstairs to clear scans and only had 5 mins to get to the lounge for a quick drink and piss. Made our way to the Gate but also had to get a bus to the plane. It was 6.35pm and others were still coming through. Plane did not leave till 7.35pm anyway.

On arrival, many Australians were also going to Niseko but they went straight from New Chitose airport to the desk of Hokkaido Resort liner or White liner to get the bus directly to Niseko same night, would be arriving past midnight. We had thought of this but decided that being in our mid 50s, and hubby with bung knees, that we would rest well after an extremely long day flying with such an early start and not enough good rest (although we did sleep on plane).

When we booked this Hotel about 4 months before our arrival, we read in their website about a free shuttle from airport to hotel, we had contacted them via email more than a dozen times but no replies. We then gave up and decided to call them on arrival however with the chaos on arrival and no time to do so, we arrived at New Chitose airport without transport to hotel.

We went to the airport information desk and lady told us to go to Bus Stop 30 which is at the other end of the terminal. We walked all the way there and asked all the bus drivers but none could speak English. We showed them the documents but only got replies in Japanese – pointless. I just kept asking passers-by and eventually got a guy who could speak English only marginally. He kindly called hotel (Information desk is way too far to be walking back to with all our luggage) and was told to wait 40 mins for the bus. After such a long day, 40 mins wait is not what you want to be doing – it’s now 9.30pm and we just wanted to get to hotel so we walked to taxi stand. Ride was about 10 mins and cost was A$17-$20 which is not cheap.

Wouldn’t need to come back here. Hotel reeks of cigarettes. Not much opened but perhaps because it was 10.30pm - by the time we got taxi ride, checked in, bags in room, rugged up and walked. Small hotel in town with 8 floors – very low ceilings and door frames. Small room and very small bathroom. Clean though. Perhaps enough for what you need. Only Japanese Green Tea available. No water bottles, no safe deposit box. Bed very low (calf height), bed and pillow hard. We were so tired and delirious, we couldn’t find other pillows so slept on the 2 rock pillows provided on bed that had rice/wheat(??) stuffed. Still couldn’t find the temperature control as room was hot. We could either have it low, med or high or off. Next morning, we saw 2 normal pillows in “wardrobe”. Free fast wifi connection. Half sized length bath tub but deep. Water pressure and hot water system great. Lots of eateries around.

We got the timetable from reception for the free shuttle to airport and was out of here to get the Hokkaido Resortliner bus to Niseko (see my reviews on this). We did not bother with breakfast at hotel as there were more choices at the airport.

Someone should reply to emails if you are going to have your contact email address listed on your website. Also if you have listed free shuttle service, and not replying to emails to organise how to arrange for this, your website should give timetables and instructions ie: go to bus stop number 30 and wait etc., even include a map. This costed us a taxi ride unnecessarily and wasted at least 30-45 mins of our time, but would have been more if we had waited for the bus.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tweetcoz

I feel serious and imagine that it arrived at the hotel.
I am sorry for not sending a reply, although the inquiry was obtained by e-mail repeatedly.
It is more intelligible and detailed.
Guidance to a hotel or a shuttle bus should have been carried out.
I teach so that English may be spoken also with the driver of a shuttle bus.

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel because of its proximity to the airport and reasonable price. Before we arrived, I emailed the hotel several times about the shuttle, and never got a reply. I even got an email (in English) from the hotel, saying that if I had questions to contact them, and when I did I never heard back. Having said that, it wasn't much of a problem to figure out the shuttle once we got to the airport. The hotel itself was in OK condition, and the service was generally pretty good (breakfast was very good). But wow, that is truly the most cigarette-reeking hotel I have ever encountered. The lobby smelled so bad, we would pass through as quickly as possible. If staled old cigarette smoke smell doesn't bother you, then this hotel is a good choice. If it really bothers you, I suggest you avoid it. If you're in the middle, like I am, I suggest you really consider your options.

I might have given the hotel 5 stars for the combination of location, value, and overall amenities, but wow, it really smells BAD.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I apologize for the smell of cigarette .
I had you be satisfied hotel itself , and the service was generally and breakfast,
had wifi and a free airport shuttle with much trouble,
All became spoilt by the smell of cigarette.

I am sorry for not replying to the mail from you.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel is pretty cheap to accommodate 3 people overnight stays. We booked thru hotel website to stay here two overnights as we arrived Hokkaido from US and the last night of our visit before we left Hokkaido for next country. Hotel itself is regular business hotel, nothing special to expect, but it is pretty convenient with free shuttle to pick us up and drop us off to the airport. Also hotel allowed us to leave our three 26" luggages for several days while we tour Hokkaido. The breakfast had quite a few selections for Japanese and western styles, all three of us enjoyed it.

When I made the reservation, I accidentally counted wrong on the return date, I didn't catch it until a few weeks later when I couldn't find a hotel room available for three people. I notify hotel thru email, and they help me with the change with original rate we had. However we encounter a heavy rain on 8/9/13, which caused the suspension of our JR train from Sapporo to Hakodate. We decided not to continue our trip to Hakodate and left Japan earlier. We had a very short notice to hotel and hopefully the hotel wouldn't charge us for another night of stay which they didn't.

I will definitely stay here again next time if I am coming back to Hokkaido.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family