“Clean, good food,nice seaview”

IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels / Ryokan in Hakodate
Chonburi,Thailand
“Clean, good food,nice seaview”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My 14-year-old son and I, as a part of 35 people tour group,visitted Hokkaido during 21-27 July 2012. We stayed one night here on 26 July. The room is clean, a little bigger than what we had from other hotels and also well decorated. My son said that the onsen room was also good here.
There was very nice seaview at the back of the hotel. The WIFI was free at the lobby. There were not so many variety of foods for dinner and breakfast, but all were yummy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank borvornchai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed 23 January 2011

My family of 4 spent the 2nd night of our holiday in Hokkaido in Yunokawa Grand Hotel.

Our hotel room the previous night was small - by the time the 4 futons were laid out, there was not much more room to move around. The toilet and shower area were also tiny. But I thought then that it must be standard for Japanese hotels.

So I was very pleasantly surprised by how spacious and luxurious our room in Yunokawa was. We were given a corner room on the 6th floor. The futons took up only half the room. Everything in the room looked very well maintained. We had a balcony that looked out directly to the sea and it was very pleasant to go to sleep at night with the sound of the pounding waves in the background.

The toilet area was very large too! There were double sinks, a separate bath-tub room and toilet cubicle.

The dinner and breakfast buffet were generous and had good variety and quality. For dinner, we had plenty of crabs. The beef was tender and juicy and the chawanmushi silky.

I can't say very much about the onsen though. I went at night and had the whole place to myself. But I could not see anything through the big glass windows as the steam misted up the glass and besides - it was too dark to see anything. I can't comment on the quality of the water as I am no expert.

The views from the hotel room was beautiful. It is the first time I have seen snow on the beach, and definitely the first time I saw a steaming hot spring on a snow covered beach !

I would stay here again if I come back to this area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank H0L1DAY
Travellers also viewed these Hakodate hotels
Heiseikan Kaiyotei
Hakodate Yunokawa Onsen Hotel Banso
Yunohama Hotel
Yunohama Hotel
#80 of 97 in Hakodate

Been to IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT

Property: IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT
Address: 3-1-17 Yunokawacho, Hakodate 042-0932, Hokkaido
Region: Japan > Hokkaido > Hakodate > Yunokawa Onsen
Bar / Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 97 Hotels / Ryokan in Hakodate
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Rakuten, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IMAGINE HOTEL & RESORT reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.