“comfortable for a good rest...”

Narita Tobu Hotel Air Port
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Penang Island, Malaysia
“comfortable for a good rest...”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here as our flight was rescheduled to the following morning..It is very near to the airport, and it is definitely convenient when they provide shuttle buses from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. I also saw shuttle buses are provided from the hotel to narita train station and AEON mall but we didnt take it as we were pretty tired from our flight from LAX. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. Recommended for those who are transiting :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cavite
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here because we attended a scientific gathering that was hosted here. We only paid JPY 31500 for 3 nights and it was really value for money. We paid for a triple room and the room was really spacious and clean. Let me give you a rundown:

Room: Spacious and clean, enough outlets for the three of us in the room to charge all our gadgets. Free toiletries, miniref, coffee, and hairdryer are available. The room was cleaned everyday. The beds were bouncy, there was background music available and the speaker was in the bathroom (Haha, we found this weird). The room was opened using a key card but the electricity was not dependent on the keycard (Yey!). There was no safe though, which is always a concern for me. The bathroom has a tub and shower. It was very clean and it has a large enough counter for us to spread out our own toiletries (three sets). It was my first time to use a toilet with buttons for bidet, spray, etc. Tissue was abundant, as well as shampoo, conditioner, and soap, which were all placed in a dispenser.

Food: We were only able to avail the lunch buffet because of the conference. Our payment did not include free breakfast. The lunch was quite good by hotel standards. I was never fond of hotel food as I always find them to taste like crap but their food was really good. Free flowing drinks and vanilla ice cream (really good!) was also available. The only problem was, it takes a bit of time for the to refill empty plates but they do refill them.

Reception/Employees: Their employees were very polite. I think some of them have problem understanding English as there was one time I called to inform them that we are going to check out but leave our baggage in the hotel, and board the shuttle to the airport since we were going to take the train to Shibuya. I also asked for assistance since we have 4 heavy pieces of luggage with us. However, the only thing the front desk understood was that we were going to check out and that we will use the hotel shuttle to the airport. Since a lot of foreigners stay in the hotel, I think it would be advantageous to have the employees trained in English to avoid hiccups. Nevertheless, I still like that their employees were very helpful.

Area: The hotel is indeed near the airport; around 5 mins travel time with the shuttle. The hotel has shuttle to and from the airport every 30 mins (I think). They also have a shuttle going to JR Narita Station and Aeon Mall. If you stay here, do try to avail of this service. Naritasan Temple is very close to JR Narita Station, may 15-20 minutes walk along Omotesando St. which is full of shops and restaurants (eat in Chrysanthemum House, the hostess is very kind and the unagi is SUPERB). Aeon Mall is just like any mall really, lots of restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the Daiso there since the items were only around JPY 100, cheaper than in the Philippines.

Overall: I would stay here again if I travel to Narita again in the future. However, I think I'd like to go and roam Tokyo next time, instead of Narita. Anyway, really good hotel; people should consider staying here when they are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank xianora
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I often stay here due to bussiness trip and all i can say is such a good hotel with a good breakfast and they also has a bus service to airport and aeon shoping mall and also narita train station. Value for money!

• Stayed May 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has shuttle bus to airport and also to Keisei-Narita. Go and get the time table at the counter. The room is nice and clean.Even the superior room has more space than stay in hotel in Tokyo.The bathroom has a tub bath and the shower. The breakfast buffet is good.

Stayed May 2557, travelled as a couple
Hattingen, Germany
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is a few minutes away from Narita by shuttle bus making it the perfect stopover hotel but there is nothing in the area except for other airport hotels so why anyone would want to stay here for more than the one night is beyond me. We were here for a total of about 10 hours and had a comfortable night's sleep before an early flight next morning and that's what this place is all about. That it advertises itself as an official Tokyo Sky Tree partner is incomprehensible since Tokyo is a good hour away.
The Tobu makes some effort to fool the guest that it's a swisher establishment than it really is. Front desk service was swift, friendly and followed up by luggage service and accompaniment to our room. The room itself was very spacious with two queen size beds and a third single bed and was decently equipped but the bathroom was distinctly 2-star, tiny and not altogether winning the battle against mold. The hairdryer had obviously put in years of service already and started to flash make odd noises when I tried to use it.
Despite descriptions on the booking portals, the hotel does offer wireless lan in the bedrooms- must be a new addition.
Perfectly fine for a one-night stop. Make sure you have an insurance policy before washing your hair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Long story short, I was stranded in Narita, so I booked in at this hotel for 4 days whilst I waited to fly back to England.

It's a good location and the shuttle bus they have free of charge that goes to and from the airport is very helpful.

The staff were friendly, at one point I asked the reception desk for a fax to be sent, it cost me a hundred yen. They were a pretty efficient staff, but I noticed that most of where I went in Japan there was a certain high level of efficiency.

In terms of the food this hotel provided, I had a BAD experience, I lived on room-service during my time here and 90% of the time it was fine, I ate chips (which in their menu they refer to a 'french fried potato'), but one evening I ordered rice, and to my disgust there was a short black hair nestled inside my plate of rice, needless to say I lost my appetite after this.

Another complaint was the air conditioning, I don't think it was even working!

The TV reception wasn't very good quality either.

There is a small shop on the ground floor which is kinda nice though, and lots of vending machines.

This place serves it's purpose, but that's it.. I had to book here because I didn't plan ahead and found myself completely lost. Don't make the same mistake as me, book a decent hotel in advance for ALL the time you spend abroad.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It could have been a function of so many airport hotels being fully booked, but I paid $140 USD for a room not even as good as one at Nikko or Marroad where I have stayed often before...those usually go for $55 to $80 USD depending on occupancy and season. And they come with breakfast. This place is a bit shopworn and shabby and a $140 room did not even get me breakfast. Book ahead if you know you will need an airport hotel. And I recommend Nikko or Marroad instead of Narita Tobu.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel