Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$75
Hotels.comUS$67
TripadvisorUS$67
MYSTAYS Official
Agoda.comUS$79
eDreamsUS$75
1,557 results
All reviews shuttle bus aeon mall one night family mart japanese restaurant connecting flight close to the airport choose this hotel between flights morning flight the hotel offers tokyo transit pillows terminal razor passport
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I had the great misfortune of staying at the Excel Hotel, Narita Airport the night of 11/1/12. This was the result of a missed connection due to delayed AA flight (a story for another time).

The room was quite small, even by Japanese standards, with two very small beds (though they were reasonably comfortable).

As a result of the involuntary layover, AA provided the room and vouchers for dinner and breakfast.

After checking in, I went to the bar to have a drink before dinner. I ordered a single Canadian Club. When I left the bar and got my tab, I was stunned to see the charge for one shot glass (nearly) full of CC cost 1700 yen (approx $21.25)!

I went down to the lobby restaurant for my dinner and presented my voucher. At that time, I was told that I would not be able to order off the menu, I could only get the predetermined meal of ground chuck, soup and salad. Beverages were extra. I ordered an Asahi beer, which was served in a (not full) 12 ounce glass. The beer cost 900 yen (approx $11.25).

Stunned, I retired to my room to watch some news and go to sleep.

I turned on the TV to discover it offered a total of 10 channels - all Japanese speaking! And, no news channels!

The staff spoke very poor English and exhibited none of the wonderful hospitality I have experienced so many other places in Japan.

In summary, all I can say is, if you do have a worst enemy, this is the hotel to recommend to them.

I will never stay there again or recommend to anyone (that I like).

Forewarned is forearmed.

Room tip: Don't go there - best room they can offer!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I had a nice stay at this hotel. It was clean, the room was great, the free wifi was good, the shuttle was on time and easy to use. We ended up getting the buffet at the 1F restaurant, and it was actually quite good -- but also a bit expensive (but I suppose that's what you expect from an airport hotel). The 11F restaurant was even more expensive. Since the hotel is a bit outside of Narita itself, there's not much choice.

As we were leaving, we noticed that there appears to be a city bus that makes a loop to the city center... and that might have been really cool to check out.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We arrived at Narita airport in the evening and had a early 6.40am flight the next morning, therefore we opted to stay near Narita airport for a night. The hotel shuttle bus was very convenient for us to get to & fro the airport & hotel. And the plus point was that the shuttle bus starts at 5am and I can catch the shuttle to airport for my flight.

The hotel was in average condition with furnishing showing its age. However, it was clean and the wifi connection was good. There was also a small convenience store outside the hotel entrance where u can grab some snacks and drinks. I am not v sure about the dining options there as i took the shuttle bus back to the airport and we had our dinner at the airport mall instead. They also had one or two english channels on tv.

Overall, it was good enough for a short one nite stay considering the good price we got for it.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeslyn_tan
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Clean and nice, has free wifi in the rooms too! Free shuttle buses to nearby shopping malls. Will hold luggage after checkout until its time for you to leave for the airport. Very decent buffet breakfast with international and japanese options.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pocky_11
Reviewed 2 October 2012

staff friendly......hotel a little jaded.....breakfast satisfactory...shuttle service well organised but sadly not regular enough....as an airport hotel this was alright and suitable for purpose....had to email hotel to find out which bus stop to use.....and be careful you catch the correct shuttle bus...thankfully there was an excel hotel employee who was very helpful to hand...

Date of stay: September 2012