“Close, Quiet, Convenient”

Narita Excel Hotel Tokyu
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just spent 3 nights at Nartia Excel Hotel Tokyu. The staff was excellent, rooms were large, clean and well stocked. We ate in the restaurant one night, food was ok, nothing to get excited about. They forgot my meal as they seemed preoccupied with a large group that came in after us. Thought the food was overpriced but it was about the only thing around other than the upscale restaurants on the 11th floor or the little market on property. Transportation to the local mall and train station excellent and for the most part right on time. We also used the transportation to and from the airport which was great. This hotel met all of our needs and when we go back we will try and stay there. If you are looking for one of those nice comfy beds you find at the Marriott you won't find them here...kind of like sleeping on a sheet of plywood but after a day out and about in Tokyo we were too exhausted to really care.

Room Tip: As for a room facing Naritasan Temple...beautiful view and quiet (no airport noise at all)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My last two nights in Japan were spent at the hotel and the hotel provided a comfortable place to stay. The lobby is really spacious and looks great when you first walk in the door. The hotel has about 800 rooms (based on a rough estimate) and I was in 2 of them....

The concierge/information desk was able to direct me well for going to a baseball game at the Tokyo Dome and even informed me that I could take the shuttle bus for free as I was staying at the hotel. I was able to spend my last full day in Tokyo that way, by taking the N'EX train into Tokyo from the airport terminal.

The room was very comfortable. The bed was the best I had had in Japan and I was able to get a great sleep. The one issue I had was with the internet, but by changing rooms that problem was solved also.

There was a small issue with being able to be served in English, but I did manage to have a couple of people on staff at different times work with me in English.

It ended up being a very comfortable way to end my trip to Japan and Korea,

Room Tip: The hotel does have an annex, so if you want a better room, being a bit closer to the main elevators...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stay here quite often while on business in Japan. Highly recommend for short stays.
Small but clean rooms. A little outdated but everything is well maintained. Wifi works great! They also have pay computers on the ground floor that you can print from.
Youll have a choice of several restaurants on the property. All acceptable food and service!
The hotel also has a fairly well equipped gym. Once again, not brand new equipment yet well maintained. The indoor pool and surrounding area is clean.
This hotel is clean and comfortable and a real value for the money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

was very surprised of the lack of english spoken here. Appears only one person in the front desk was able to communicate with us. We asked several people how to get to the outside pool ( which was actually closed at the time ) Narita is a lovely town but a bit too far to walk to. Hotel is excellent for one night to rest and relax in your room, which had everything one needs. English TV and internet is a bit of a challenge in Japan. Yes, I would stay there again if I was between flights. Best part is their breakfast buffet with oodles of western and asian choices of food.

Room Tip: Take a taxi to the town of Narita and enjoy japanese hospitality ( with a hefty pricetag )
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

close to the airport, has shuttle bus going to the city and the airport as well.
and it has a really nice souvenir shop.
excellent value if You book it without breakfast because breakfast price is ridiculously high.

Room Tip: any room is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because my flight into Tokyo was a very late flight in the evening. Let us start with the analysis...

1). Location - It is located at a pretty good location, about a 15 minute shuttle bus ride or a 10 minute cab ride. Due to the late timing of my flight, I took a cab from Terminal 2 to the hotel. Total cost was ¥2450 (USD $24.50) which is steep but this is considered cheap by Tokyo standards. I did not explore the town of Narita as I didn't have the time to do so so I can't really comment on that.

2). Price - I got my room at a really cutthroat price - ¥7800 without breakfast. I think that it is a very reasonable price to pay for a night's stay at this hotel. I did, however, book it a month beforehand so... Book early for a steep discount!

3). Rooms - Basic, a little spartan, but with all the essentials that you need. My room had a coffee table and two chairs with a view of the garden below so that was an extra plus. The washrooms are your typical Japanese washrooms - small, cramped (I am 6 foot 1), but very clean and with all the essentials that you need. Only problem was the toilet paper... It was very thin. VERY thin indeed.

4). Service - Professional is the name of the game here. The service staff, both the morning and night shifts, were very professional. Nothing much to complain about here.

Any other nice extras?

The garden - Better check this one out if you have the time... Accessible via the gate at the basement or via street level, this garden was really very well kept and is great for a five minute morning stroll.

Extra services/facilities - There are payphones at the lobby and it is pretty cheap to use them.

To the best of my knowledge, this hotel is the one with the most shuttle bus service timings - it lasts from early morning till 11-ish for the last bus. Do not be late for the bus though, as it leaves on the dot.

I didn't have any of my meals at the hotel so I can't comment on the state of the dining establishments in the hotel.

Overall - It is what you expect for what you paid for - basic but with everything that you need. For the price that I paid, I definitely got what I came for. Will recommend staying here if you can get it at a good price.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was not very big but definitely a place to stay before flying out of Narita. Though the room deco is a little "dated" the room was generally well kept. The toilet was also of a good size and the bed was comfortable.

The breakfast spread was okay. I was given the 5th floor, near the lift landing. Not too bad.. I do not really hear any noise outside. They also have a local bus service to bring you to a local shopping centre if you have sometime to spare, however you need to be mindful of time because their buses comes on the dot, and if you missed one, your next one would be likely to be 2 hours later.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple