“Good Hotel, Great location for the airport.”

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as a stopover on the way home from Australia.
The reception staff were very efficient and helpful especially with advice on travel into Tokyo.
The Rooms are a little on the small side and the decor a bit dated, however they were very clean and functional, The bathrooms were also very clean and the heated toilets are a nice addition.
Breakfast was of a good standard with plenty of variety.
The restaurants in the hotel are expensive but then again this is Japan and food is generally expensive the food they served though was well cooked and enjoyable.
Didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel to comment on the other facilities as I wanted to make the most of my time visiting Tokyo.
All in all a good hotel that I would be more than happy to recommend or use again myself.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Lostyeti73
There are newer reviews for ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita

Reviewed 4 June 2010

We used the hotel on a stopover for just one night. We unfortunately could only use the extra facilities as swimming pool en sauna for an extra fee. Staff was OK. There was no WiFi in the hotel but the front desk let us use the reception computer to print out our boarding pass. I would not recommend this hotel for a stop over.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I absolutely love this hotel. It was the fastest check-in i ever had and i went straight up to room to get a stunning view of a lush forest skyline for my view with a temple in the background. This hotel is big on sleep therapy and provided many amenities to make you feel relaxed. you will have to see and experience it to believe it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2010

I recently stayed at the ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel in Narita, Japan - A good airport hotel near Narita International Airport.

THE LOCATION
The ANA Crowne Palaza is located in Narita city which is the site of the Narita International Airport - The main gateway into Japan. With the exception of the Narita Shrine, the city itself has very little of interest and it is quite rural. The hotel is actually on the outskirt of town and very near the airport. One must take a bus or a taxi from Narita train station to get to the hotel. There are complimentary shuttle buses from Narita train station to the hotel, the last one being at 10:30 PM. The hotel also provides many complimentary daily shuttle buses to both terminals of Narita airport. The first shuttle bus departs for the airport at 6:30 AM. Narita International Airport is not a 24 hour airport. The last flight departs near midnight and the first flight usually departs at 8:00 AM. Except other airport hotels, there is nothing near the hotel itself.

THE ROOM
I believe that all the rooms in the hotel were refurbished in 2008, a year after the hotel became part of Intercontinental's Crowne Plaza chain. We reserved a superior twin room (with airport views) which is bigger than the standard room and on a higher floor. The check-in was fairly efficient, and the level of English spoken by the clerk was good. We were not escorted to our room by the staff, but didn't expect it in a hotel of this calibre. The room was big of average size (about 29 meters squared) with a large double-glazed window which allowed in a lot of light but not the noise of the airport. The room had an old CRT TV with a variety of channels including CNN and the BBC, tea making facilities, an ironing board with iron, a safe, two pyjamas and slippers. The room also had two single-sized beds, a wardrobe, a work table, a speaker phone, as well as high-speed LAN Internet service (not complimentary) but no WIFI. The minibar was empty and there was no complimentary water. The bed was quite comfortable and came with a pillow menu - a selection of pillows to help guests sleep better. The room's furniture looked new and well-taken care of, but the walls and the overall look of the room felt dated!

THE BATHROOM
The bathroom was functional, but obviously not renovated: There was a sink, a bathtub-shower combination (no separate shower stall), a toilet (with a Japanese bidet), and with the usual extra amenities such as toothbrushes and razors. There were enough towels for use. The soap, shampoo and other amenities were Crowne Plaza branded and of good quality.

THE HOTEL FACILITIES
The hotel offered a variety of facilities for the guests, all of which require an extra tariff. There was an indoor pool, a gym with weights and machines, as well as a sauna area. We didn't use the facilities. The common areas of the hotel were not refurbished, yet still look presentable enough. The hotel also had an AM/PM convenience store right in the lobby although the prices are slightly higher than those outside the hotel.

THE RESTAURANTS/BARS
The hotel had 3 restaurants (serving Japanese, teppanyaki and buffet selections) with the Japanese restaurant "Saifu" on the top floor of the hotel doubling as a bar. We ate breakfast at the Ceres (main) restaurant which serves an international buffet and found the food selection and quality to be quite good. Our rate included breakfast otherwise the breakfast will set you back about US$30. There are no other food options outside the hotel unless you take a taxi to another nearby hotel.

THE SERVICE
Overall, the service of the hotel was good as everyone was courteous and professional. Communicating in English was not a major problem. It's worth noting that the hotel is actually a co- branded ANA (All Nippon Airlines) and Crowne Plaza hotel which is unique in Japan. This is not a major problem unless patrons try to convert their ANA Intercontinental PRIORITY CLUB points to Japan Airline miles (ANA's rival in Japan), which is impossible. The point accumulation is also a bit different from other Intercontinental Group hotels so it's best to check with the hotel for details.

CONCLUSION
The ANA Crowne Plaza is an ideal hotel by Narita Airport. It does the job, and it's generally affordable if you book in advance (We paid about US$90 including breakfast). I wouldn't base myself from the hotel if I were visiting Tokyo as it is far from downtown Tokyo. I would however consider using it again if I have an early flight out of Narita or if I have a layover in Tokyo. Overall, a good experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MRIII
Reviewed 6 February 2010

The Crowne Plaza is one of a number of hotels close to Narita Airport with free shuttle service to and from the terminal. Like other major hotels in the area, it also has easy access to the free tourist bus that stops at locations in Narita town, including the train station that allows connections to downtown Tokyo.

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in early December ‘09. We were on our way to India to join a tour and wanted to break up the trip. Narita is a pleasant city and we spent an enjoyable day in the old town area and at the Naritasan Buddhist Temple and gardens (if you have a layover of several hours, there is a free shuttle bus from the airport that will take you right to the temple).

This Crowne Plaza isn’t quite up to the standard of other Crowne Plazas we have stayed in, but it was still very comfortable and had excellent service. Our room was somewhat small, well-appointed and attractive, with a low and firm bed. The a.c. unit was quiet and effective. The bathroom was well-stocked with amenities, including one of Japan’s high-tech toilets (the control console made it look like Captain Kirk’s Command chair). We appreciated the heated seat! Bathroom counter space was fair.

There is an internet connection in the room but no wifi for about $8 per day. There is no wifi in the hotel lobby, either (unlike other Crowne Plaza’s). A coin-operated computer center is available but we found it very slow (about $1.20 for 10 minutes).

The breakfast buffet looked good, but at $25 we decided to skip it. This was possible because we had brought our own snacks – there are no restaurants within walking distance that we could see.

All in all we recommend the Plaza. There may be less expensive alternatives, though, such as the Holiday Inn. We booked a day-room there on our return and found it to be very good value.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaMakani
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Our flight required overnight stay in Tokyo, and the hotel was provided by ANA. But even then, I would have expected a better hotel. The bathroom is clean (I think) but looks dirty because it hasnt been updated in decades. My colleagues bathroom smelled of urine...
Does have a comfortable bed, linens are of acceptable quality, the service is adequate. But, the room is super small, the ambience does not exist, you have the feeling you are in a souped up Motel 6. We did not get a meal ticket, and the breakfast price is $30--beyond our travel budget. The restaurant (for dinner) that we could afford was very limited. I cannot believe our travel agent accepted this hotel! I have stayed in airline provided hotels in Tokyo before and they were very good. This is not.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mchattoraj
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This was an impromptu 1 night visit to Tokyo as my flight from Paris to Australia, via the UK, got snowed out, so the booking to this hotel was last minute and I was exhausted so wasnt expecting too much with the cheap room price. I was very pleasantly surprised and how nice were the staff!! I caught the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and had help every step of the way. Had a lovely gentleman take my suitcases off the shuttle bus and take them all the way to my room and then he showed me where all the light switches were and all the different amenitites- even without expecting a tip! The last time I got that kind of personal service was a very fancy hotel in Colorado. All the extras in the rooms very fantastic, including the warming toilet seat, eye masks to help you sleep, pillow choices, tootbrushes and shaving kits, even hair ties for my hair!! Room was on the small side but it was fine for a solo traveller and I assume there are bigger rooms as well. I ordered room service for dinner and breakfast- the prices were reasonable and the food was yummy. With a bit of time on my hands I took the hotel's shuttle bus to downtown Narita and visited the local temples and Japanese gardens. It was a lovely bonus to my trip home.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo