“Stinky”
Review of Narita View Hotel

Narita View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I was disappointed in this hotel. They gave us a smoking room and I can't stand smoke so they moved us into another room on the same floor. This one had a funky smell. However, we didn't have time to ask for another room because we had plans that evening. We got back pretty late because of not being able to take the Narita express and slept in the next morning. I was really looking forward to the onsen but it's open weird hours. We were unable to go in. Wireless is only available via the Thai crew lounge. The rooms (or at least the 2 we saw) are greatly in need of upgrades. Stains all over the walls and smelly. Only upside to the room was a bigger bathroom then most Japanese bathrooms. Also, there is nothing else in that area so don't stay there thinking about doing things in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for none smoking. And if they give you a smoking room ask for the second one to be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany R

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed March 29- April 1, 2013. Must say it was a nice surprise.. Their low rates make *Tokyo* an affordable choice to the average traveler. while its far to city central they offer bus service to airport or downtown. There's western-style designs and plenty of western foods on menu. I met a couple Delta flight attendants when I checked in on Thursday evening, they told me this place is popular with American flight crews during over-night stays in japan, By Sunday morning, I'd seen exactly what they meant, as I'd met several pilots and flight attendants some on duty others just vacationing and taking advantage of this affordable and comfortable quiet hotel that features a hot springs style relaxing area which is awesome if you have stiff joints/muscle aches or arthritic stiffness as do I. For the price it can't be beat, if you're taste calls for more luxury, more pampering, nicer amenities et there are more expensive places nearby that may satisfy, but if you just want a quiet comfy decent Tokyo area hotel that will not leave you counting your coins after check out? This is the place to be. In my view :)

Room Tip: Mention you were referred to them by Narita airport information desk. They seem to love the referral...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I found that this property was all I needed for an over night stay before catching a flight the follow morning. The rooms are a bit larger than most hotels in Japan in this price range. Just like the surrounding hotels that I have stayed at, this hotel offers bus service to the mall and station. I usually eat dinner at the station. There is an in house convenience store. The only two negatives that I found are the staff's English could be better and it seems the sound proofing may be a little lower than the other hotels. This maybe due to my room location but it was only a minor problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greyfalcon777
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This airport hotel is pretty good for what you pay. It's among the least expensive so of course you should not expect a 4 Seasons here.

However, the small rooms are comfortable, if a bit stuffy, and there's a standard pre-fab "Western" toilet/bathroom stuck in there. You get one of those fancy heated toilet seats with bidet and "shower" on your loo.

Linens were very fresh and they have a yakuta (Japanese robe) and slippers for you to use. There's probably a gym or pool somewhere in there as well as it's a big hotel - 11 floors or so.

I wish the windows would open. There's a nice lobby with restaurant and convenience store and that's about it. The hotel is not walkable to anything but - and I loved this - they provide FREE shuttle service about hourly to from central Narita town and Aeon Mall in addition to the free shuttle to/from the airport.

So, if you've got a bit of a long layover in Narita, it's a good enough place to sleep and sightsee at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nombre D
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I live in Japan and decided to stay in this hotel with my partner , after coming back from Macau . The hotel is basic . rooms are small and stuffy . windows cant be opened , because there are no balconies and the Japanese pride themselves on safety ! The reason we did stay here , is because there is an onsen ( hot spring ) in the grounds of the hotel . Its new and well worth relaxing in , especially after a long flight and in winter . It also has a sauna , outside hot spring too . we only stayed here one night . The breakfast isn't to good either . If you want a great breakfast and better service . comfort , stay in the Hilton or the Raddison . But just for one night , to relax in the hot springs , its probably not such a bad choice . The price was very reasonable too and no extra cost for the hot spring service .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have spent most of my life travelling or living overseas and this was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We arrived after 24 hours of flying to find the non-smoking room smelt like a smoking room, the air conditioning unit was broken and parts were hanging loose, the bed was covered in something that looked suspiciously like a hessian sack and matched by a single pillow to be shared by the two of us. The hairdryer would work for 30 seconds before cutting out. I went downstairs to complain only to find the staff did not speak English at all. After about 20 min of signing that i needed a hair dryer the receptionist pulled one out from under the desk (suggesting to me this is a common occurrence) .
Nothing seems to have been updated since the late 1970’s however i am sure it was just lovely then.
My biggest regret was not staying at the Hilton next door, for exactly the same price. $134 NZD per night, do yourself and a favour and stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Stayed here for Jetstar flight cancelled consolation. Our next flight was 6.15 am, so this hotel was a good choice if you can get non smoking room.

We got smoking room and try to change to non smoking room as the smell was too strong. But the recieptionist said it was no more non smoking room left and gave us a bottle of spray. Left the door opened for 1 hours but the smell still there :(

Shuttle bus to Narita Airport start at 4.40 am.

Room Tip: Non smoking room is a must
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family